Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #16
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

This place is known for being bad for dinner. Personally we have been 3 times Why I don't know because each time was worse than the other. Can't get drinks. Drab food and this from someone who is the queen of picky. Most food was luke warm at best. IMO the best food was on the kids menu. Mac n cheese, corn and chicken. But I don't want to pay big bucks for this kind of food! It looks like they could share a kitchen with 50's. Why can't the food be as good!?
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #17
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

Its a $40 per person golden coral...... Awful
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #18
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

Wow, I'm kinda surprised by the reviews. I have never eaten there, but it's always busy. I just can't see paying that price for a buffet... After hearing this, I will probably never eat there!
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #19
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amypetecar View Post
Its a $40 per person golden coral...... Awful
Exactly! Sorry Golden Corral!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #20
Three cats
DIS Veteran

I have to wonder.....how can Disney not be aware of this and try to fix it? Hollywood and Vine and Tony's are constantly criticized yet nothing seems to be done to try to make it any better?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #21
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara D View Post
One more gripe about this restaurant... Could they please update the characters? No one really cares about Oso or Little Einsteins. I'd love to see Jake, Hook, Izzy, and Doc Mcstuffins!!!
I disagree. My daughter loves little einsteins and I am disappointed she will only get to meet one of them there. She also loves Oso but not as much. I do agree they should add the Doc, and I don't doubt they will at some point, considering her popularity but hopefully not at the expense of June. I can understand adding Izzy since she would connect with girls, but if you add Hook AND Izzy while taking away Oso and the one Einstein there then at that point you might as well just change it to a jake character meal, not something we would be going to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
I have to wonder.....how can Disney not be aware of this and try to fix it? Hollywood and Vine and Tony's are constantly criticized yet nothing seems to be done to try to make it any better?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Because people complain here instead of telling disney.
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara D View Post
One more gripe about this restaurant... Could they please update the characters? No one really cares about Oso or Little Einsteins. I'd love to see Jake, Hook, Izzy, and Doc Mcstuffins!!!
That is not true at all. We are having lunch there because we were at Disney in May and my daughter asked a CM where is Special Agent Oso? He told her that he is only at this buffet. We did not have plans to eat there and told her next time. So we are going during Christmas and she did not forget. Her only restaurant request was this one to see Oso. My kids also love the Little Einsteins, Jake and Doc(would love if they added her).
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
cavepig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
I disagree. My daughter loves little einsteins and I am disappointed she will only get to meet one of them there. She also loves Oso but not as much. I do agree they should add the Doc, and I don't doubt they will at some point, considering her popularity but hopefully not at the expense of June. I can understand adding Izzy since she would connect with girls, but if you add Hook AND Izzy while taking away Oso and the one Einstein there then at that point you might as well just change it to a jake character meal, not something we would be going to.

Because people complain here instead of telling disney.
Yep, I'm guilty of that, I was so in vacation mode I didn't even think to complain at Studios at the time sorry!!

Resorts: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Fort Wilderness Campsite, Port Orleans Riverside (aka Dixie Landings), All-Star Movies, POP Century, Art of Animation - Little Mermaid.
Run Disney: Expedition Everest Challenge May 2014

cavepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

beyond gross
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #25
Bellabully
Official Disney Addict

Everything about Hollywood and Vine was terrible when we went last trip, food selection, service and dirty tables. I believe the only reason this place is busy for dinner it's part of the Fantasmic package (that's the only reason I went there). Won't be back, going to Mama Melrose next trip.

Me DH DD
September 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter, November 2011 & June 2012: Boardwalk Villas, April 2013: Beach Club Villas/Boardwalk Villas, April 2014: Beach Club Villas, April 2015 Beach Club Villas
Bellabully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #26
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We ate there twice...and should have learned after the first time. Absolultely filthy restaurant, lukewarm, mediocre food...and that's when there was food on the buffet (took a long time to replace). H&V, along with WCC, are two restaurants you couldn't pay us to go to again.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: