Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #31
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Engagement Pictures!

FI and I got our engagement pictures taken at "our spot" in Niagara Falls, ON. While I would love to have had a Disney World engagement session, I am in love with our pictures. Our photographer is amazing!!

We actually got the pictures done the same weekend we'll be getting married next year! It rained A LOT that weekend. It almost looked like we were going to have to cancel, but the weather cooperated wonderfully!

I'm horrible at narrowing pictures down so brace yourself, too many photos are coming. lol

I wish we could get our wedding pictures done here too, but crossing the border would be such a hassle so we've picked out a different location for them.

Other update: my youngest sister just got back from the World and she gave me an early wedding present:

I am so excited I can barely contain myself. She snagged them while she was at Le Cellier! Now we just have to hope that the drama going on with our cruise works itself out and we'll be all set.

Dreamer7787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #32
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Your pictures look gorgeous! I also really love the one with the Pride and Prejudice book, what a good idea!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #33
aras4007
Mouseketeer

I just read through this and love your plans so far! I found it through Alicia's trip reports. Which were great by the way!...I love how into Disney your whole family is! That's awesome you were able to get the Just Married buttons! Your pics came out awesome too!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #34
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Your pictures look gorgeous! I also really love the one with the Pride and Prejudice book, what a good idea!
Thanks! I really originally decided to take the book since we're having vintage books as our centerpieces, but then while I was packing it noticed the quote on the back! Being the bookworm that I am, I just couldn't resist asking our photographer to get a picture with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
I just read through this and love your plans so far! I found it through Alicia's trip reports. Which were great by the way!...I love how into Disney your whole family is! That's awesome you were able to get the Just Married buttons! Your pics came out awesome too!
Haha, yes, our entire family is definitely Disney obsessed. And it's a good thing too or I never would have landed those pins! lol
Old 10-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #35
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

As soon as I saw these pictures, I knew I wanted to give my BMs/MOH cards to ask them. I'm socially awkward anyway and figured a card would be the better route for me.

Now that we've asked anyone who might stumble upon them here on the DIS, I thought I'd share the finish product. I used some random scrapbooking paper that I had laying around and some tape/glue and voila! Cards.

I'm having four girls. My two sisters, my best friend and another very good friend.

Sis 1 got Ariel and my MOH got Aurora.

Sis 2 got Tiana and friend is going to be getting Cinderella (haven't had time to ask her yet!)

I didn't have quite enough paper for everyone's to be the same, so I used a different piece to make MOH's card.

For the other three I used the same.

I hand wrote a poem in them and then added a Mickey head (also from my pile of scrapbooking stuff).

So far only MOH, my sisters and brother, and FI's best man have been asked. We don't think we're really going to have time to ask the rest of the wedding party until after Thanksgiving and maybe not even until January, which really isn't a huge deal. We still have plenty of time!

Last edited by Dreamer7787; 10-29-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #36
aras4007
Mouseketeer

LOVE LOVE LOVE those cards!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #37
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer7787 View Post
Thanks! I really originally decided to take the book since we're having vintage books as our centerpieces, but then while I was packing it noticed the quote on the back! Being the bookworm that I am, I just couldn't resist asking our photographer to get a picture with it!
Ooh, can't wait to see how those centerpieces come out!

Also, I love the cards that you made! I've always loved that artwork and it's great how creative you were with it to turn them into bridesmaids cards!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #38
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your engagement pictures they turned out so cute. I think my favorites are the first two...but you both look so happy and great together!!

I think the cards you made for your bridesmaids and MOH are really special. I'm sure they were/will be thrilled with them. I just love that they are so personal and still incorporate the Disney Magic!!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans as time goes on!

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #39
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your PJ. Loving all your plans and details! Your dress is gorgeous! The bridesmaid cards are so cute! Love how the bouquets turned out. Your engagement pics are fantastic, very romantic! You took them in a lovely location.

Looking forward to reading more!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #40
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE those cards!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Ooh, can't wait to see how those centerpieces come out!

Also, I love the cards that you made! I've always loved that artwork and it's great how creative you were with it to turn them into bridesmaids cards!
FI's co-worker also gave us a bunch of silk rose petals for free so we're probably going to be adding those to our centerpieces to make it look like the rose petals are falling off the rose. I'm way too excited about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitch324 View Post
I LOVE your engagement pictures they turned out so cute. I think my favorites are the first two...but you both look so happy and great together!!

I think the cards you made for your bridesmaids and MOH are really special. I'm sure they were/will be thrilled with them. I just love that they are so personal and still incorporate the Disney Magic!!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans as time goes on!

Brooke
Thanks! I think so far my youngest sister was the most excited about her card. She loves Tiana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Just caught up on your PJ. Loving all your plans and details! Your dress is gorgeous! The bridesmaid cards are so cute! Love how the bouquets turned out. Your engagement pics are fantastic, very romantic! You took them in a lovely location.

Looking forward to reading more!
Aw, thanks so much!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #41
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Life Updates and Save the Dates!

It's been awhile since I updated! November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) so I tend to disappear off the face of the earth. What is NaNoWriMo you ask? It's a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I finished on the 21st! I'm still going though. My personal goal is to get to 60K.

It's my third win! So now that I'm technically finished, I can start having a little bit of a life again. lol

This past Friday, we asked the rest of our wedding party. I'm so glad we did! FI had a guys' night and I had a girls' night with the yet to be asked BM (we'll call her M) and my MOH. On the way over, my MOH texted me (I didn't look at it until I was walking into her house cause I'm a good kid). She and M were watching Say Yes to the Dress Bridesmaid and M said she didn't think she would ever be a BM! It was all I could do to not interrupt the conversation and give her her card right away. lol She was so excited and said yes and I'm happy that I could prove her wrong!

FI and I also ordered our save the dates! I really like how they turned out. We won't be sending them out until January, but I got them for "free" through VistaPrint. You have to pay for each picture, so it came to just under $20 for 50 with shipping. Not too bad.

299 days! Oh my, where is all the time going? I need to get started on some more DIY things!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #42
Suziewan
Mouseketeer

Wow! I'm just reading through some of your posts and plans so far and I already feel excited for you...I'm a new subscriber! I'll look forward to following along, you've done some really cool and creative things
Suziewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #43
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Long time no update!

Wow! It's been awhile since I've been around these parts. Sorry about that! Wedding planning kind of got put on the back burner as work took over my life. I was working three part time jobs and just have no motivation to do anything productive after getting home. I was offered a new job (still only part time) as a librarian!! Finally. So I'm taking a little bit of a break from the 50 hours per week schedule for a much needed break, which has meant getting back to work on wedding stuff.

The past two weekends have been dedicated to registering. Man, was that nightmare. (I hate shopping) We already live together so finding stuff that we could really use and things that need to be upgraded was a task. We also created a HoneyFund of wish list things to do on our Disneymoon.

And speaking of the Disneymoon, thanks to my sister, who is now an official CM and not just DCP, we got an awesome discount. So thanks, sis!

We ordered FI's ring.

We purchased it from Titanium Kay. They were awesome! Super fast shipping. The first time around the ring was a little big, so we got a half size smaller and they exchanged it no problem. Definitely recommend.

Also found our wedding cake topper for $20 cheaper than I'd seen it anywhere else. I get so excited about saving money. lol I just ordered it today. Hopefully everything goes smoothly with the transaction.

And in the last ~5 months since my last update that's all I've accomplished.

(But I did discover the awesomeness of GIFs and am excited to see that they can be used here!! It's the little things...)

It's wedding Sundays from now until the big day, except for next Sunday... lol FI's best man is coming up to visit. But after that we're going to try to tackle one wedding related thing. There are so few Sundays left and only 125 days left. Where did my huge countdown go?? Ahhh!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #44
celestialred
Keep the Dr. Pepper flowing or the fluffy bunny bites it!

Hi Danielle, fellow September tripper joining in on this!

If I'm not mistaken are your cake toppers and toasting glasses from Fellowship Foundry? Ours were too! Instead of the dragon motif we went with the twined two-tone roses for topper, glasses, and cake service. I found them on my first trip to a ren faire and I've been hooked since. DH had been to a couple before me but went most every year to our "home" faire until recently due to other travelling.

I saw the bridal ears set here and we also have a set of those in our curio cabinet from our disneymoon *mmphrmph* years ago

Hope all is going well for you two!

CSR May 1998-Honeymoon
RPR @ Universal Jan 2007-Work Conference
Renaissance @ SeaWorld Jan 2013-Work Conference Micro-Trip Report Here!
Sep 2013-Back to CSR and First Trip For The Kids - Come check out my PTR here!
celestialred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #45
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialred View Post
Hi Danielle, fellow September tripper joining in on this!

If I'm not mistaken are your cake toppers and toasting glasses from Fellowship Foundry? Ours were too! Instead of the dragon motif we went with the twined two-tone roses for topper, glasses, and cake service. I found them on my first trip to a ren faire and I've been hooked since. DH had been to a couple before me but went most every year to our "home" faire until recently due to other travelling.

I saw the bridal ears set here and we also have a set of those in our curio cabinet from our disneymoon *mmphrmph* years ago

Hope all is going well for you two!
Greetings! Thanks for joining!

Our toasting glasses are actually from Ballena Bay Pewter and I bought the cake topper at Magicalomaha. I was a little nervous buying from Magicalomaha, but seeing as they had a physical store, I decided to give them a shot. They were awesome and shipping was super quick. I really love those twined rose goblets!

This will probably be the first time in seven years that we don't go to our home faire. I'm really sad at the thought, but the trade off is a kickbutt Disney trip so I guess I'll survive! lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: