Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
supe3
Earning My Ears

Free Dining Next year...

We are going to going next year in oct. and are going to take advantage of the free dining offer during this time. I was wondering though, if we rent a room, and it sleeps 6 and we only have 5 can we add someones name as our 6th person for the room even if they never check in with us? That was we can take advantage of the extra free dining meal credits for that person.

If this is possible we will use the extra credits for dining at the restaurants that requires 2 credits like cinderella's royal table and stuff like that and the extra snack credits could be used for touring the world at the food and wine festival.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supe3
We are going to going next year in oct. and are going to take advantage of the free dining offer during this time. I was wondering though, if we rent a room, and it sleeps 6 and we only have 5 can we add someones name as our 6th person for the room even if they never check in with us? That was we can take advantage of the extra free dining meal credits for that person.

If this is possible we will use the extra credits for dining at the restaurants that requires 2 credits like cinderella's royal table and stuff like that and the extra snack credits could be used for touring the world at the food and wine festival.

You would have to buy park tickets for that "person" too I think, not 100% sure though... Plus, no offense, but to me that seems rather dishonest. Not trying to be mean, just my humble opinion. Hope you enjoy your trip whatever you end up doing.
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Burnt Toast
DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Tickets have to be purchased for every member of the party on the reservation to be eligible for Free Dining.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamara View Post
You would have to buy park tickets for that "person" too I think, not 100% sure though... Plus, no offense, but to me that seems rather dishonest. Not trying to be mean, just my humble opinion. Hope you enjoy your trip whatever you end up doing.
1) Plus, during Free Dining, many resorts require everyone to check-in.
2) WDW is well aware of "phantom guests' to get free dining credit.
3) It is called cheating and dishonest.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by supe3 View Post

Assuming they even offer free dining next year (it's not a given), in order to get that promotion you have to buy at least a two-day ticket for every person on the reservation. The cost of that ticket for your phantom guest would likely eliminate any savings you got from the extra dining credits.

Since discussion of ways to sneak around Disney's rules is not kosher on the DISboards, I'll be closing this thread. But I would just add that although guests often think they've come up with very clever ways around Disney's promotion requirements.......Disney's front desk CMs have seen it all before. Many, many times.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: