Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #331
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I just tried the new photobucket after I saw your post and I agree, it's a PITA to post pictures now. There was an option to switch back, so I did. It asked me why I was switching back, and I said because it would to be much simpler to post pictures on message board by simply hovering the mouse over the photo.

I've read lots of TR, but you are the first person I see taking a photo of the underside of the Peoplemover at night. I like it!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #332
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I just tried the new photobucket after I saw your post and I agree, it's a PITA to post pictures now. There was an option to switch back, so I did. It asked me why I was switching back, and I said because it would to be much simpler to post pictures on message board by simply hovering the mouse over the photo.

I've read lots of TR, but you are the first person I see taking a photo of the underside of the Peoplemover at night. I like it!

I saw the option to switch back too. I did try to get it to work for a bit, but it was glitchy and kept freezing on me even more than the old version. I do like the larger sizes of the pictures, but really miss the hover option.

I liked it too, that's why I took the picture and made sure to post it. It's really nice how everything gets so lit up at night. I couldn't remember seeing any other pictures on any of the TRs I've read either.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #333
PhoenixStrength

DAY 8, SATURDAY OCTOBER 26TH, PART 1

Since I was done with the parks, I got up later that morning, I think around 8am (that is late for me!). I got ready and headed to Everything POP for some breakfast. A few pictures along the walk there...

I got the Breakfast Platter, which was pretty darn yummy! I actually took it over to one of the tables by the Bowling Pin Pool and ate it there.

Some pictures while I ate, and after as I walked back up the nearby stairs to my room.

Even though I was leaving the next day (), I needed to do laundry. I had meant to do it earlier in the week, but hadn't had a chance. Since I didn't really have any plans that day, I went ahead and did it. A few pictures of the laundry room by the Bowling Pin pool.

And a couple landscaping pictures while I waited for the laundry to finish drying.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #334
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You got some really great shots of the Main Street Electrical Parade. I'm so upset we missed it last month.

One of the last pictures we take when leaving the MK to head to Marco, is of Roy and Minnie (it is always moved when we are there over near the firehouse/City Hall because of the Halloween decorations.

Nice pictures of Pop too. One of these days we have to get over there and walk the grounds; it is the ONLY resort (besides the Treehouses) that we have not walked around.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #335
PhoenixStrength

I made my way back up to my room with my clothes once they finished drying, and packed them up.

I was leaving the next morning and driving to Bradenton to TRY (more on that later) to meet with my friend Steve. In order to do that though, I needed a car! So, I called Alamo to arrange for a car and pick up from the resort. They were very nice, and said they would be there in 15 minutes. I made my way out front to wait for the shuttle, and taking some pictures while waiting of course!

The play area in front of Classic Hall, right now with blocks. And the Red Carpet that you come out onto from DME (with some of the bubbles on it that the CMs blow to you as you come off the bus).

The luggage area.

The shuttle arrived right on time, and I was the only one waiting for pick up so we quickly left and were there in no time! No pictures on the drive over, since the windows had a dark tint. But here are a few inside Alamo.

I got my car, and drove right back to POP, taking some pictures along the drive.

Oh, here is the car. It's a Nissan Altima. It was alright, though I prefer my Chevy Colbalt for sure. But it drove alright and I had no problems, so I can't really complain

At some point in time I ate lunch at Everything POP, though I didn't write down what I ate or take any pictures of it. I relaxed in my room for a couple of hours, then decided to head to DTD one last time for dinner and some shopping. A few pictures walking to the bus stop, including a funny shoe shadow box in the Classic Hall lobby.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 10-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #336
PhoenixStrength

I made my way to the DTD bus stop, and a bus was there in no time.

I walked around a bit, just browsing before I started to get hungry. I already knew where I was eating dinner, so I headed there. Where? Wolfgang Puck Express! I had never eaten there before, and I am so glad I chose there. They are a CS with a TS feel. You order at a counter when you come in, then are handed a card to put on your table, and are free to sit. A server brings you your food. Here is my card.

I ordered the Cheese Pizza for my meal. It was HUGE, and DELICIOUS!!! Seriously might be the best pizza I have had, ever.

My dessert was the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. Once again, it was heavenly.

Safe to say I plan on eating here again this upcoming trip. I am upset though that according to an early picture I saw, it will no longer be a QS credit on the Dining Plan as of 2013. In fact, the only CS restaurants on the DP for 2013 are the DisneyQuest cafe, and one of the food carts (I can't remember which one). ALL of the rest are gone. But WPE is definitely worth eating at, even if you have to pay OOP.

The sun was starting to set as I left WPE, and I walked down to West Side, taking a couple of pictures along the way.

I walked around the Vinylmation store for a little while, but didn't buy anything. I walked back over to the Marketplace end of DTD, stopping in World of Disney, buying some Tinkerbell earrings for my sister and a bracelet for me (which fell apart 2 days later).

I wanted to head into Basin next, but couldn't. They were doing remodelling and it was walled off.

So I went into Arribas Brothers instead, to admire everything I can't afford.

And by can't afford, I mean REALLY can't afford!

I didn't have an extra $37,500 laying around, so I kept looking. I wound up finding a small crystal Dumbo for my cousin. I almost bought this for myself, but I didn't, though I'm not sure why.

I think I browsed in a few more shops after that, though I didn't buy anything else. I got on the bus to POP and was once again (third time!) stopped at Pleasure Island for a shift change. This time we were only stopped for about 10 minutes though, as they were both quick on their inspections and we were off again. I did take a couple of pictures while waiting for them to finish.

I was then soon back to POP for my last night there. I went up to my room, after taking a photo of one of the "manhole" covers.

I watched a little TV before going to bed for the night.

NEXT TIME: LEAVING WDW

Old 10-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #337
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You got some really great shots of the Main Street Electrical Parade. I'm so upset we missed it last month.

One of the last pictures we take when leaving the MK to head to Marco, is of Roy and Minnie (it is always moved when we are there over near the firehouse/City Hall because of the Halloween decorations.

Nice pictures of Pop too. One of these days we have to get over there and walk the grounds; it is the ONLY resort (besides the Treehouses) that we have not walked around.
I hope you get to see MSEP in December!

I really love both statues, I just think it's sad so many either don't care about the one of Roy and Minnie, or don't even know it exists.

You definitely have to visit POP! It is a compact resort, but has so much there to see. It's a lot of fun, with a vibrant atmosphere.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #338
KatMark
DIS Veteran

That's nice that Alamo comes to pick you up. We rented ours at the Dolphin and went there to pick it up (which is fine as Mark had never seen the Dolphin before). We bought a Nissan Altima in January and we love ours...Mark says he's getting another one next time around or when my truck dies.

Love the pictures at Downtown Disney...very nice. I was wishing I had an extra $37,000 plus for that castle too. I'll make you a deal...if I win the lotto, I'll buy both of us one if you promise to do the same.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #339
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
That's nice that Alamo comes to pick you up. We rented ours at the Dolphin and went there to pick it up (which is fine as Mark had never seen the Dolphin before). We bought a Nissan Altima in January and we love ours...Mark says he's getting another one next time around or when my truck dies.

Love the pictures at Downtown Disney...very nice. I was wishing I had an extra $37,000 plus for that castle too. I'll make you a deal...if I win the lotto, I'll buy both of us one if you promise to do the same.
I was happy they pick you up, but if they didn't I would have gone to the Dolphin to get one. Glad you like your Nissan Altima.

It's a deal! I know there are 3 on display on property (DTD, MK and Germany in WS), so we could easily buy 2 of them.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #340
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I think I remember hearing that every year the restaurants that are not owned by Disney are only added to the dining plan at the last minute. So there is still hope that WPE will be back as a QS credit. I too really enjoyed my pizza there, though it did not beat Via Napoli.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #341
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel
I think I remember hearing that every year the restaurants that are not owned by Disney are only added to the dining plan at the last minute. So there is still hope that WPE will be back as a QS credit. I too really enjoyed my pizza there, though it did not beat Via Napoli.
That would be good, if DTD was just slow in adding their restaurants to the DP. I thought it was weird that like 10 were gone like that.

I haven't eaten at Via Napoli so I can't compare it. I'm still trying though. Only ADR they have open for my day as of yesterday was 9:30 pm, which is too late for me to wait!

Old 10-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #342
PhoenixStrength

DAY 9, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 19TH

I woke up around 6am on my departure day, but went right back to sleep. I got out of bed around 8am and showered. While I was in the shower I heard Mousekeeping knocking on my door (despite the "Do Not Disturb" sign) but they quickly left. I finished packing up the last of my things and loaded the car. I pulled out of POP Century at 9:35am, but not without a parting picture.

I didn't get many pictures during the drive west, though I did get one of the Mickey Electric pole on I4.

As I said in my last update, I was heading to Bradenton to TRY to see my friend Steve. I hadn't heard from him yet that morning to make sure we were on for lunch, but since it takes over 1.5 hours to get there I wanted to head that way anyway. I arrived in Bradenton around 11:15am, with a light on and off drizzle falling.

I tried his phone, but no answer, and he wasn't at his house either. I was bummed, but he had told me he might have to work. After trying his phone again I headed to the gas station to fill up the rental and then headed to Panera Bread to eat lunch on my own.

Once I finished eating I drove around for a while to enjoy the scenery of my future home.

Around 1:45pm I started heading north to Tampa International Airport.

I returned the rental car with no problems, though the man I returned it to was a little pushy about trying to get me to let him carry my bags for me. I finally convinced him I was fine, and headed into TPA and to the Southwest counter.

And ran right into a long line waiting to check their bags, thanks to a baseball team of 30+ people in front of me. They have several overweight bags, so they were taking a lot of time switching stuff between bags to try to avoid paying fees. Finally they opened another kiosk just for everyone besides the team, so I made it through after 30 minutes and then took the shuttle to the terminal. The security line was pretty long too, but moved fast and I was done within 10 minutes. I made my way to my gate:

And then played on my computer for about 45 minutes. I started to get hungry by then, so I made my way over one of the only restaurants near my gate, Home Team Sports Bar and Grill.

I was seated and my waitress quickly came over, but she was not very friendly. I have a feeling it was because I was be myself and she knew I wasn't going to order much, but she would have gotten a much better tip if she had been friendly at least. Anyway, I ordered the Chicken Tenders with "seasoned" fries. Why the quotations? Well, they were called seasoned, but there wasn't really any seasoning on them.

I think maybe 1/3 of the fries had some salt on them, and I saw 3 total flakes of pepper, and that was the "seasoned" fries. Overall the food and service were mediocre.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 10-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #343
PhoenixStrength

After the meal I headed back over to my gate. I took a few pictures as I waited.

Before long my plane arrived...

...and I boarded with the first group (I paid the extra $10 for the first grouping). I got a window seat by the wing and took a couple pics while waiting for everyone else to load.

Before long we were in the air. The sun was setting just as we started north, so I got plenty of great pictures.

After the sun set I managed to get a couple of lit up pictures.

And a final picture when we landed.

I did hear from Steve later that day, apologizing profusely. He had started to send me a text letting me know he had to work, but forget to hit send so it was still sitting in his drafts. He felt bad, but it was okay! I still had a great WDW trip overall.

THE END

Old 10-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #344
PhoenixStrength

Hello all! I just posted my final update for this TR, but wanted to say that I hope everyone who is in the path of Hurricane Sandy stays safe the next few days. I am in it's path, actually I'm in one of the areas expected to be hit the worst . Thankfully though we have a large generator that will run most of the house, with a 5 gallon tank that is full, and an extra 25 gallons of gasoline to keep it going should we lose power. Right now it's just very windy, but the rain will start anytime now, and not end until Wednesday. Unfortunately due to the nature of my job (Pet sitting, for those that don't know/remember) I will still have to drive out in it no matter what the weather is like since there are pets that need to be cared for still. But I will be very safe, I promise!

I will be starting a PTR for my next trip in the next couple of days, depending on how my power is. I'll post a link here once I start it!

Old 10-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #345
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry Steve couldn't meet you for lunch. Great pictures while you were in flight.

I totally loved your TR...thanks for sharing with us. Please let us know when you start the PTR (I finally updated mine).

Be safe during "Sandy".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: