DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #166
Lizard Valley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Valley View Post
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I just want to thank everyone for all of the great information here. If it wasn't for these threads, I would not have been able to interpret the information in a contract in order to make a fair offer that I am happy with. So this is what I got (same seller):

100 SSR (Aug) - all 2012, all 2013. $45/pt
210 BCV (Aug) - all 2012, all 2013. $59/pt

Seller pays 2012 mf's, buyer and seller SPLIT closing costs .

I honestly doubt the BCV will pass ROFR, but you never know!
Just found out Disney ROFR'd the BCV

No word on the SSR yet, but Tuesday should be the day (actually submitted 10/03)
Lizard Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #167
hfehr1s
Mouseketeer

Not a big shocker but Disney ROFR our 2 OKW Contracts - we were notified 10/24
Our deal was: 2 contracts of 150 pts each @ OKS - March UY @ $55 pp

Ah... well of to shop some more!!

Hailey
UK/Wedding Pavilion/CT/Maya Grill - 12/18/06

hfehr1s is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #168
undfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by undchefreak View Post
UNDFAN - Like UND Sioux (not so much anymore, but still)??

If so, awesome! If not, have a nice day
You are correct - - "Fight on Sioux, we're all for you, . . . ." Have owned OKW since 1992 - - - one of the first in the gate - - - thought it time to do some addding since grandkids in the picture.

Saw OKW @ $55 got taken by Disney - - not a good sign for our $55 contract just sent to them for ROFR about five days ago - - - we'll see!
undfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #169
WDWLVR2
Earning My Ears

thanks everyone for responding. i emailed the broker and was told the owners haven't returned their signed docs yet. ???? it's been 8 days...like i said hurry up and wait

'09 Disney All-Star Sports
'11 VWL
'13 VWL

WDWLVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #170
margitmouse
Mouseketeer

Facing the monkey again..... not looking for big bargain.... just trying to get in on our UY!!!!!

75 pts March-2057(extended contract) $66ppt, 60 banked 2012 points- no MF til 2013, close in January
March has been difficult to find in low pt contracts (for me anyway - I just never have hit it right. Our last contract got ROFR'd at last minute, we were so sad, we'd gotten close enough to the deadline that we'd let our hopes raise, only to be dashed on the ROFR rocks, LOL!

Looking for pixie dust,
congrats to everyone who has passed
: )

Member Since March 2010 ... and adding on!
margitmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #171
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by margitmouse
Facing the monkey again..... not looking for big bargain.... just trying to get in on our UY!!!!!

75 pts March-2057(extended contract) $66ppt, 60 banked 2012 points- no MF til 2013, close in January
March has been difficult to find in low pt contracts (for me anyway - I just never have hit it right. Our last contract got ROFR'd at last minute, we were so sad, we'd gotten close enough to the deadline that we'd let our hopes raise, only to be dashed on the ROFR rocks, LOL!

Looking for pixie dust,
congrats to everyone who has passed
: )
Good luck! I think the fact that it is an extended contract improves your chances of slipping it past the ROFR monkey significantly.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #172
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

This might not be the right place to ask this but I wanted to ask those that have purchased recently and or often...has anyone ever called on a contract listed by one of the 4 main DVC resellers to be told that they have an offer at the listed price but have not presented it yet to the seller in case I wanted to make a counter offer? I suppose this could be true but 1)Why hasn't the reseller already presented an offer to the seller & 2)Is this just a way to try and get the price up in order to increase the reseller's commission? I made a $1/pt increase counter offer but when the reseller came back with a counter/counter offer of $2 higher than my offer, I passed and said I was not going to get into a bidding war. It was still a decent price and I would have been willing to pay more but something just did not sit right with me. Has anyone else experienced this?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #173
TinkandGoofy'sMom
DIS Veteran

Sad to report that our offer did not pass ROFR. It was for 125 points at OKW for $56/point.
It was our first experience trying to buy resale. Oh well, we will keep looking!

Aug 2008 POP
Dec 2009 POFQ
Jan 2011 POP
Oct 2011 AKV-Kidani
Jan 2012 OKW
Aug 2012 BWV & AKV
Oct 2012 sisters only at AKV-Kidani
Jan 2013 AKV-Jambo
Aug 2013 AKV & BLT
Up Next: Aulani Summer 2014
DVC owner @ AKV and SSR
TinkandGoofy'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #174
tjcat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkandGoofy'sMom View Post
Sad to report that our offer did not pass ROFR. It was for 125 points at OKW for $56/point.
It was our first experience trying to buy resale. Oh well, we will keep looking!
Sorry your offer didn't pass, we lost 2 OKW contracts to ROFR and just passed Saratoga, Good luck with your next one!
tjcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #175
tjcat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Good luck! I think the fact that it is an extended contract improves your chances of slipping it past the ROFR monkey significantly.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Hey Danny's mom looks like no school tomorrow for you, waiting to hear if they will cancel school in PA, got our generator out, we were without power for 4 days with Irene and 3 days with the snow storm last October!Take Care!
TJ
tjcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #176
jkpatrick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
This might not be the right place to ask this but I wanted to ask those that have purchased recently and or often...has anyone ever called on a contract listed by one of the 4 main DVC resellers to be told that they have an offer at the listed price but have not presented it yet to the seller in case I wanted to make a counter offer? I suppose this could be true but 1)Why hasn't the reseller already presented an offer to the seller & 2)Is this just a way to try and get the price up in order to increase the reseller's commission? I made a $1/pt increase counter offer but when the reseller came back with a counter/counter offer of $2 higher than my offer, I passed and said I was not going to get into a bidding war. It was still a decent price and I would have been willing to pay more but something just did not sit right with me. Has anyone else experienced this?
That sounds like a conflict of interest? I thought as a 3rd party reseller, they act neither for the Seller or the Buyer. From what I know, if an offer is made for the Asking price, that Buyer has 'won' the right to purchase that contract for the Asking price, and the listing should go to this Buyer first. If the potential Buyer is presenting a lower price, then the Seller has the option to say no.

Who was the reseller in your case? That does sound fishy to me and sounds like your #2 is what may be going on. And the reseller may have advised the Seller that you were bidding +$1 and that they may be able to squeeze an extra $1 or $2 out of you, and if you say no, they have an offer for the asking price already.
jkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #177
silmarg
SIL

Quote:
sounds fishy to me... but who knows it may be true... I wouldve passed on the deal as well.

I am very depressed about yesterdays saints game, I really thought they would beat the Broncos and now I am waiting out a Hurricane. Saints losing... hurricanes.... I am like Old School New Orleans bu in Yankee territory. Go figure
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - 2BR Kidani Savannah / BLT Studio
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #178
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been in bidding wars before with another buyer and it was only after that was concluded that the offer was presented to the seller. I'm pretty sure though that this was because it was a new listing, both of us offered right away and the broker had not had a chance to contact the seller yet. So it can happen.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #179
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkandGoofy'sMom View Post
Seems like OKW contracts continue to have a lot of ROFR activity on them as compared to any other resort.

Better luck next time.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #180
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpatrick View Post
That sounds like a conflict of interest? I thought as a 3rd party reseller, they act neither for the Seller or the Buyer. From what I know, if an offer is made for the Asking price, that Buyer has 'won' the right to purchase that contract for the Asking price, and the listing should go to this Buyer first. If the potential Buyer is presenting a lower price, then the Seller has the option to say no.

Who was the reseller in your case? That does sound fishy to me and sounds like your #2 is what may be going on. And the reseller may have advised the Seller that you were bidding +$1 and that they may be able to squeeze an extra $1 or $2 out of you, and if you say no, they have an offer for the asking price already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
sounds fishy to me... but who knows it may be true... I wouldve passed on the deal as well.

I am very depressed about yesterdays saints game, I really thought they would beat the Broncos and now I am waiting out a Hurricane. Saints losing... hurricanes.... I am like Old School New Orleans bu in Yankee territory. Go figure
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
I've been in bidding wars before with another buyer and it was only after that was concluded that the offer was presented to the seller. I'm pretty sure though that this was because it was a new listing, both of us offered right away and the broker had not had a chance to contact the seller yet. So it can happen.
Thanks for the responses. FYI, the broker was Fidelity. It might have been on the up and up but I backed out anyway. Another will come along eventually.

Sil...stay safe my friend. When I say I know what you're going through, being here in south Mississippi, I mean it. I can go through the alphabet with all the hurricanes I've seen in my 57 years. Sending a prayer your way for you and your family to be safe and sound.

As for the Saints, I don't think there are enough prayers to help them this year. It's about as difficult to understand as Disney's ROFR process! I wonder if it's time to bring out my bag from storage!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: