Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #136
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Hi,

I have a couple of questions.

1. When is the best night to dine at Palo? I can't plan activities until 12/2 and I guess this would depend on the dining rotation we get? Which MDR should we skip for Palo?

2. What are wave phones and is there a cost to use them?

I am so excited for this cruise, I really don't know if I can hold out for Christmas to tell the kids. I'm seeing lots of us with kids of similar age. Cool! I have DD12, DS6 and DD6.
duck_widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #137
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

The wave phone allows you to call other wave phones on board and cabins. We loved this on the Dream as the boys could head off on their own and we could reach them at any time to find out where they were. The only worry is that we did misplace one for about 4 hours one day and the fee for a lost wave phone is $250. That was making me feel a bit sick. Anyway, we found it in the bedding and I felt better.

Just wondering if anyone here has found a good carrier for the wave phone for the kids?

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #138
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

I had written down the dimensions of the wave phones and found some Neoprene holders at Dollar Tree, of all places, that should work perfectly.

Sent from my Galaxy S Blaze using DISBoards mobile

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #139
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_widow View Post
Hi Dismom73,

We are from San Jose. We try to avoid SFO, but wanted a direct flight. We'll be flying United out of SFO. I also signed-up for the United Visa to get two free checked bags and priority boarding. We're on the 12:55pm flight on Thursday. That is really nice that you get free parking!
We just spent all day yesterday in San Jose, we were at a cheer competition for our youngest DD. The weather was really nice this weekend.
I work for United, so we may end up on the same flight. We will be trying for the 6am flight so hopefully we wont...
Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #140
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_widow View Post
Hi,

I have a couple of questions.

1. When is the best night to dine at Palo? I can't plan activities until 12/2 and I guess this would depend on the dining rotation we get? Which MDR should we skip for Palo?

2. What are wave phones and is there a cost to use them?

I am so excited for this cruise, I really don't know if I can hold out for Christmas to tell the kids. I'm seeing lots of us with kids of similar age. Cool! I have DD12, DS6 and DD6.
As far as "best" night, it's all a matter of personal preference...you wont know your MDR until you check in at the port, you can make requests, but they are not guaranteed. We base our dining night off of major ship activities as opposed to dining rotation, i.e. pirate night, formal night, how late we will get back from port that day, what show is being performed that night, etc. If we went strickley by what dining room we were in, for me I would say Parrot Cay is our least favorite...but you will find others that say that is their favorite.

The wave phones can also be used to text other wave phones and call ship services, such as guest services and room service...we order milk and cookies for the kids every night before bed, and since the wave phones have come along we have started placing our order when we are getting ready to head back to our cabin so we don't have that long of a wait once we get there.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #141
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Happy Halloween!

That is a great idea with the cookies and milk. My kids will love that!

I have been busy working on my Fish Extenders. I almost have the first one done for the guys cabin and the one for my Mom, myself, and my DS5 is in the concept stage. Such fun! Of course, I am so tired of my basement remodel that I would do anything to get out of working down there.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
Old 10-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #142
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

We just booked. We have done a Disney cruise the past 2 years and told the kids we were going to do something different this year. When we saw KSF we couldn't pass it up. We too are from San Jose. DH is looking into flights. Hoping he finds a great deal out of San Jose but SFO usually has the better deals.

This is the first time we have to fly so I need to figure out where to stay and get a car to the port.

Pretty sure we will do FE but want to confirm that with DH (since we are flying he may not want to do it since it takes up so much space)
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #143
Dishy24
Mouseketeer

Hello!

Hello fellow cruisers! I just booked my family on this cruise, Dino (Dh), Gavin (Ds- 13) & myself (Tricia). We are so excited to be going back to the Magic again!

I haven't read through the previous 10 pages yet (but I will).. Is there a FE list?

Off to read up!
Feb 2005 Magic Eastern (cat 6), May 2006 Magic Western (cat 5),
May 2007 Magic Eastern (cat 4), Feb 2008 Magic Western (cat 5),
Apr 2010 14-Night Transatlantic Cruise(cat 5)
Feb 2011 Mexican Riviera- Wonder (cat 5)
June 2011 & July 2011 Disney Dream "BACK-2-BACK" cruises! (cat 4A)
April 2012 Disney Fantasy (cat 4B)
August 2012 8-Night to FL from NYC- Magic (cat 5A)
February 2013 -8 Nights from Galveston on the Magic (cat 5A)
April 2013 Western- Fantasy (cat 4B)
April 2014 Western- Fantasy(cat 4A)
April 2015 Western- Fantasy (cat 4A)
August 2015 ALASKA- Wonder(cat 5A)
LET'SGOMETS!!!
Dishy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #144
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Oops! Forgot! It will be myself (Julie), DH (Monte), DS (Beckham-9), and DD (Ainsley-7)
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #145
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Welcome to the new cruisers!
There is a FE list, FloridaFun is putting the list together. I think we have around 8-10 cabins so far. The thread has really grown since they opened up the ksf offer.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #146
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Everything at the Halloween store was 50% off today, so I went by and picked up a pirate costume for my youngest DD. The other 2 don't dress up for pirate night anymore, so I only had to buy one this time around.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #147
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I too picked up some pirate costume items today at 50% off. I ran into 4 other preschool moms over at Target. I think all of us that the same idea this morning. Drop the kids off and get to the sale!

Dishy24 – I have been working on organizing the FEE. I will send you the link in a PM. We have the list set up in Google Docs. You should be able to add family. Let me know if you are not able to do it yourself and I will get you added.

Juliefsu – Let me know if you and your DH would like to do the FEE and I will also get you the link.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #148
katil5491
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone,

We just booked this sailing the other day. We were originally booked on the April 13th sailing, but DCL switched it to (2) 4-nite ones, so we changed to the Wonder out of Miami on a 5-nite, but hubby got denied the time off. So, here we are taking advantage of the "kids sail free" offer and sailing on this one out of Galveston. Of course, that's if hubby doesn't get denied this time off request. So, we hope to be sailing with you all in February!
Disney Magic ~ E. Caribbean ~ December 2010
Disney Dream ~ Bahamas ~ November 2011
Disney Magic ~ Bahamas ~ May 2012
Disney Magic ~ Mediterranean ~ August 2013

Last edited by katil5491; 11-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.
katil5491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #149
katil5491
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishy24 View Post
Hello fellow cruisers! I just booked my family on this cruise, Dino (Dh), Gavin (Ds- 13) & myself (Tricia). We are so excited to be going back to the Magic again!

I haven't read through the previous 10 pages yet (but I will).. Is there a FE list?

Off to read up!

How do you edit your signature to update your cruises?? Thanks
Disney Magic ~ E. Caribbean ~ December 2010
Disney Dream ~ Bahamas ~ November 2011
Disney Magic ~ Bahamas ~ May 2012
Disney Magic ~ Mediterranean ~ August 2013
katil5491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #150
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu View Post
We just booked. We have done a Disney cruise the past 2 years and told the kids we were going to do something different this year. When we saw KSF we couldn't pass it up. We too are from San Jose. DH is looking into flights. Hoping he finds a great deal out of San Jose but SFO usually has the better deals.

This is the first time we have to fly so I need to figure out where to stay and get a car to the port.

Pretty sure we will do FE but want to confirm that with DH (since we are flying he may not want to do it since it takes up so much space)
Hi,

We are flying in the day before from SFO and are staying at the Wingate since it had such good reviews. It has a free airport shuttle and free breakfast. I haven't decided on ground transportation yet, but what I've seen so far is that a rental car would cost an outrageous amount and private transfers are even more than the Disney service, so we'll probably end up using the Disney transfers.

-duck_widow
duck_widow is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: