Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
PAcpl
The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. -Walt Disney

At the Boardwalk now - is black mold that common?

We are currently in the Boardwalk and there is black mold all over the vent in the bathroom. Last time we stayed here we ran into the same situation with black mold all over the vent in that bathroom. We have stayed at the Boardwalk many times and have never seen it before our last trip. We expressed our concern and after going back and forth with a manager she finally agreed to move us the following morning (reluctantly). I waited until the end of the trip to grab a day manager that was on schedule. I wanted to wait till the end of the trip so they would genuinely hear my concern and not think I was fishing for a free cupcake. I explained to him the situation and how poorly it was handled. He then thanked me for bringing it to his attention, but then he went on to explain that this was a common occurrence in Florida and people just live with it down here. I thought that was odd, but since we were checking out I didn't think too much into it.

Here we are six months later and again, our room has mold. You can see it in the picture below. The couple of people who I have mentioned this to (one being a Florida resident that we know) said this was common for Florida, but NOT acceptable. If there is mold in a house when it is inspected it would never pass inspection.

So now I am at a crossroad. The DW wants to complain and have us moved out of this room. I really do not feel like dealing with the fight I had last time to get them to move us. I know the Boardwalk must be sold out this week so if we do move it will probably be a different resort. That is fine, but again, still such a hassle when we are checking out Saturday anyway.

What do you think we should do? It is just DW and I, we do not have children.

Thanks!

September 2007 - Animal Kingdom Resort (First (adult) trip to Disney, HHN)
June 2008 - Boardwalk Villas (Our first trip home)
May 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort (Flower and Garden Festival)
October 2009 - Beach Club Villas (MNSSHP, HHN, Food&Wine Festival)
May 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
December 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (First Disney Christmas)
December 2011 - Boardwalk Villas (Disney Christmas)
May 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
October 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Food & Wine, HHN)

Last edited by PAcpl; 10-28-2012 at 11:11 AM.
PAcpl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: