Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
briarrose1
Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥

Question Book Magic 2014 this year or wait til 2013 Dream cruise?

I want to book the Magic for Fall 2014. Not sure if I should book this year after dates come out, or wait til we cruise on Dream Oct 2013 to get OBC, discount, etc.

I'd love to sail on her after all the renovations since she was our first DC, but not sure if it will be slim pickings. 2 Adults only this time which will work in our favor!

I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney
briarrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Trekker
I've gone to find myself,
if I get back before I return,
make me stay here!

The best recommendation I can make is to book as soon as the itineraries come out. This is usually the best pricing. When onboard in 2013 you can re-shop the cruise and if you are able to get a better price book it. You can then cancel your first booking (if not concierge) and keep the lower priced one.

I've done this several times and sometimes the first booking is less and sometimes re-booking onboard is best.

Trekker is Ron from Dreams Unlimited Travel

Questions? Email me at ron@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

I have been wondering the same thing. I've seen the recommendation to book on opening day and then re-shop that sailing while onboard. The part I'm not sure I understand is what happens if you get a better deal (overall, including OBC) while onboard. I looked at the fine print in the confirmation e-mail for our March 2013 cruise, and it says that there is a cancellation fee if you outright cancel your cruise. Does DCL waive the fee if you re-book the same cruise, or do they modify your existing reservation... or something else?

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014

Last edited by Lisa Lisa; 10-24-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #4
briarrose1
Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
I have been wondering the same thing. I've seen the recommendation to book on opening day and then re-shop that sailing while onboard. The part I'm not sure I understand is what happens if you get a better deal (overall, including OBC) while onboard. I looked at the fine print in the confirmation e-mail for our March 2013 cruise, and it says that there is a cancellation fee if you outright cancel your cruise. Does DCL waive the fee if you re-book the same cruise, or do they modify your existing reservation... or something else?
LisaLisa great name BTW I was told by BJ's travel that if I outright cancel, the $100 fee applies. If I delay, change, basically NOT ask for money back, (think store credit) there is no fee charged. Or, what I could do, is just take the one cruise, put a "dummy" hold on a cruise for 2015! I think as long as they have our business and we are before the payment in full date, they'll be happy

I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney
briarrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: