Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #121
roblab
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
I have been to Rome a bunch of times and have conducted private tours for a school group and adults. Would anyone be interested in me doing a FREE tour of Roma? It would be a highlight tour and I promise to have you on board before the boat leaves and tired enough that you will sleep soundly in the night, curse me in the morning, but be glad that you saved almost $300 a person.
That sounds like a blast. We're thinking of prioritizing the ancient Rome bits over the Vatican bits - as those are the parts of Rome that we'd find most interesting, and that will save the Vatican for the next time... That should (I hope) leave loads of time for some exploring, and getting a bit more in depth, without the pressure of needing to see "everything" all at once... better to really explore a few things than glaze over a lot IMHO
roblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #122
cntclark
Earning My Ears

sold out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblab View Post
Exactly.

Air Canada, like many airlines belong to an alliance (Air Canada is in Star Alliance, partnered with United, US Air, Lufthansa, SAS among others). In a nutshell it allows them to sell tickets on the others flights expanding their route network.

So if you were flying from Toronto to Barcelona, you could buy an Air Canada ticket that connected in Newark, and the flight to Barcelona would actually be on a United aircraft, but your flight numbers would be Air Canada numbers... that way Air Canada can say they have 4 flights a day into Barcelona, when in reality only one is on an actual Air Canada plane.

So i am remarkably shocked that i went in yesterday to try and coordinate flights now that they have been released for the return, and the aircanada one we wanted is sold out!!! Seriously!! Im in shock! Ok, so next question... usair? Love em hate em? embrace them, avoid them? Its the only airline for a reasonable price and one stop that will get us all together on the flight into bcn.
cntclark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #123
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Hello new cruisers applecore72 and pirategirl65!

I am so glad to see our little group growing!

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #124
Florida Mel
Ready to sail on Disney Magic with Mickey

Talking Welcome onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirategirl65 View Post
Hi Everyone, First post
just found this site,
Me and my two kids are booked for The Disney Magic for the Aug 31 2013

This is our first cruise and our first trip out of the country were so excited!!
Were Hoping and up for all meet and greets before or during The Cruise.

Going on this Adventure is three of us
Myself - Dottie 47, my son - Ryan 25 And my daughter - Miranda 19

we'll be arriving in Barcelona Spain, the 28th to check out things before the cruise, thinking about doing the aquarium and the zoo there. also Gothic Quarters..

Anything else you could suggest?

Also any advice on cruising / the flight etc.
would be greatly appreciated.

And what are Fish Extenders and Tastings lol??
Hello and welcome onboard I've added you all to the role call

You are going to have a ball Parc Guell is a must see when visiting Barcelona, the architecture it like nothing else: Parc Guell

The cocktail tasting sessions is sounding like a popular choice so far, I'll post details closer to the cruise (probably May time)

We have a Facebook page too if you fancying joining that too: Facebook Group

Oct 2000 - 2 Weeks Villa Sunset lakes Jun 2002 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Hotel Oct 2003 - 2 Weeks Villa Formosa Gardens Oct 2004 - 4 days Condo @ Clearwater 10 days villa @ Formosa Gardens Oct 2007 - 4 days Cocoa Beach & 12 days Villa Sunset Lakes July 2009 - St Augustine & WDW Yacht Club Feb 2010 - DLRP Newport Bay Hotel July 2010 - Our 1st Disney Cruise - Dover to Barcelona on Disney Magic August 2011 - Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 7 night Med on the Magic August 2012 - DLP 3 nights Dream Castle August 2013 - Jumped ship and we are Florida bound February 2014 - Back to WDW for mums BIG 60th September 2014 - WBTA and the BIG WEDDING - COMING UP
Florida Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #125
Florida Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post

I am so glad to see our little group growing!

Oct 2000 - 2 Weeks Villa Sunset lakes Jun 2002 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Hotel Oct 2003 - 2 Weeks Villa Formosa Gardens Oct 2004 - 4 days Condo @ Clearwater 10 days villa @ Formosa Gardens Oct 2007 - 4 days Cocoa Beach & 12 days Villa Sunset Lakes July 2009 - St Augustine & WDW Yacht Club Feb 2010 - DLRP Newport Bay Hotel July 2010 - Our 1st Disney Cruise - Dover to Barcelona on Disney Magic August 2011 - Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 7 night Med on the Magic August 2012 - DLP 3 nights Dream Castle August 2013 - Jumped ship and we are Florida bound February 2014 - Back to WDW for mums BIG 60th September 2014 - WBTA and the BIG WEDDING - COMING UP
Old 10-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #126
roblab
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntclark View Post
So i am remarkably shocked that i went in yesterday to try and coordinate flights now that they have been released for the return, and the aircanada one we wanted is sold out!!! Seriously!! Im in shock! Ok, so next question... usair? Love em hate em? embrace them, avoid them? Its the only airline for a reasonable price and one stop that will get us all together on the flight into bcn.
US Air is a pretty standard US mainline legacy airline. Nothing special good or bad.

They should get you to where you need to go.
roblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #127
cntclark
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblab View Post
US Air is a pretty standard US mainline legacy airline. Nothing special good or bad.

They should get you to where you need to go.
Thanks! We went ahead and booked... big dent on my cc but glad to have it off my mind Anyone else book hotels in Barcelona? What's reputable yet affordable??
cntclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #128
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntclark View Post
Thanks! We went ahead and booked... big dent on my cc but glad to have it off my mind Anyone else book hotels in Barcelona? What's reputable yet affordable??
I booked Hotel Continental balcony room. It gets mixed reviews, but it is very centrally located and has a 24 hours snack and drinks bar. It is not like an American hotel, by any stretch, but we think it will be fun, adventurous and oh so European

Old 10-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #129
Florida Mel

Bad news :-(

Bad news, It looks like we will be jumping ship! We have been torn between the cruise and a trip to Florida and it appears the later has won the fight. I'll keep an eye on the Dis page and keep updating. Happy cruising everyone, have a sunken treasure for me

Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #130
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Mel
Bad news, It looks like we will be jumping ship! We have been torn between the cruise and a trip to Florida and it appears the later has won the fight. I'll keep an eye on the Dis page and keep updating. Happy cruising everyone, have a sunken treasure for me
Don't make be "booooooo" a second time!
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #131
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Mel View Post
oh no - the chief organiser has gone!! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time in Florida - I know alot of people are struggling with the same battle, so can totally understand!! Have a great time

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #132
Florida Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Don't make be "booooooo" a second time!
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystevekai≎46583878
oh no - the chief organiser has gone!! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time in Florida - I know alot of people are struggling with the same battle, so can totally understand!! Have a great time
Thank you Amy yep Florida won Have a fun time

Old 11-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #133
MissMorningStar
Mouseketeer

Hi guys

We will be joining you on this cruise I did originally say hello in February (on the old thread) but not really began planning for this cruise until now, so it's great to see the group has really grown!

For the roll call there will be me (Amanda), my partner (Paul) and our daughter Cameron-Jayne (14)

This will be our second cruise as we were lucky enough to cruise with Mickey on the Wonder on the Mexican Riviera Valentines cruise in Feb this year.

Nice to 'meet' you all...off to catch up with reading what I've missed on the thread
The Fantasy Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise 2014
The Magic Dover to Barcelona August 3-10, 2015
MissMorningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #134
MissMorningStar
Mouseketeer

P.s. We've booked our flights to Barcelona (BCN) and will be arriving on Wed 28th Aug. Just need to check out pre cruise accommodation next as we want to explore a little before the cruise.

One thing I've found out, which may help others, is Barcelona has one airport Barcelona (BCN), some airlines fly into Girona or Reus (and may put Barcelona also in with this name ie 'Reus Barcelona'), however Girona is approx 106km northeast of Barcelona and Reus is approx 103km south west of Barcelona which will make transfers into Barcelona a good 1hr-1.30hrs. I nearly booked the cheaper option of Girona airport until I realised the transfer cost and time for my family wasn't worth the saving for us.

We are definitely up for participating in the FE! Love it! Also, I would be happy to organise this if required :-)

We possibly could make the pre cruise meet too (especially if it were at Hard Rock Cafe ) depending on the time etc

The Fantasy Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise 2014
The Magic Dover to Barcelona August 3-10, 2015
MissMorningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #135
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Hello Miss MorningStar and welcome back!

Thanks for volunteering to help organize FE! I also want to help with something, but fear that my Google Doc skills are severely lacking.

You are the second or third cruiser, I think, who has mentioned liking the idea of a pre cruise meet up at Hard Rock? I am ok with that. I would like to hear what other people think, as well. Maybe that is something I could help with?

Barcelona has so many wonderful things to see, but the funny thing is that I am making a point of finding where there is a Disney Store, because there are none here in Greece so I am making visiting one a priority My family will just have to bear with me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: