Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
ArielsMommy
DIS Veteran

Dine with an Imagineer

Does this take place year round? If so, how far in advance can you book? Is it about 60 days out like the Wishes Dessert Party? Any help would be appreciated. DD (10) wants to be an Imagineer, so this would be a fantastic birthday present for her. TIA
Old 08-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Kimann
Mouseketeer

I did this in May. I can't answer if it is year round. But I booked mine online. You can go to dining reservations and search for Dining Events. It will pull up Dining with an Imagineer and you can select the venue and the calendar will show you what dates it is offered. I did HBD for lunch. (it was great by the way!)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

1) Yes, year round for the Brown Derby lunch.

2) I am pretty sure it's 180 days.

3) You can book it Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays, They take a total of 10-12 guests so book ASAP. If it's 180 days you only have 4 months until your trip, those spaces may well be gone, so you should check.

4) No age limit, but with children younger than teens you need to ask yourself if your child is up to spending about 2.5 to 3 hours sitting at a table while adults talk. You can't pick the imagineer, they sign up for it on a rotating basis, so there's no telling what area your Imagineer will work in.

5) This event is not on the dining plan.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
goofyshell
DIS Veteran

I just did this two weeks ago. It was amazing. If your dd is fairly mature I would say she'll enjoy it. The food was really delicious but I almost didn't notice because our imagineer was so engaging.
goofyshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
TinkerbellinLouisian
I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

Imagineer Dining

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...o_Florida.html

We LOVED it... all 6 of us...

Have a magical visit !

Mary
1970 - (I was 5...it was just a movie being shown back then...still being built)...1974 - WDW - ?...1976 - DL - On the way to moving from CA to FL...1977 - WDW Lake Buena Vista...1981 - WDW High School Dance Competition...1982 - H.S. Dance Competition.....1983 - H.S. Dance Competition...1985 - Offsite...1991 - Offsite (HJ)..1993 - AS Movies...1994 - Offsite ...1995 - AS Music .....1997 - Offsite...1998 - Offsite...2000 - Offsite...2002 - Polynesian (Got Married!)...2004 - Beach Club...2006 - Beach Club...2008 - Beach Club...2010 May 9-14 BCV Graduation Celebration with DS18...2012 Surprising Family on details May Visit to WDW

TinkerbellinLouisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
ArielsMommy
DIS Veteran

I had been trying since the 180 day mark, but there were never any reservations available. I'll keep trying and see if maybe something opens up for my dates. Thanks for all the help!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

I was just looking into this also. My 13 year old son wants to be an Imagineer. We are going in November and it doesnt show any availability online. I was hoping it was because it was like the dessert party and couldnt be booked that far in advance. I dont suppose you can get Fantasmic passes from this? We already have Brown Derby booked for lunch one day for Fantasmic package.

This time...Port Orleans French Quarter

Ressies at Liberty Tree, Narcoossees, Tusker House Breakfast, Yak&Yeti, 50's Prime Time, HOB Gospel Brunch, Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace Breakfast, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Dine w/ Imagineer Brown Derby, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe,TT Dessert Party
sweeteypie1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I dont suppose you can get Fantasmic passes from this?
No, Dine with an Imagineer and the Fantasmic package are separate things.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

LOL...yeah I figured that. Would be nice if they included those too. I already have BD booked for lunch for Fantasmic and would have to cancel something else I have reserved to do BD again for the Imagineer lunch. I dont really want to eat at BD twice, but I'm really not a fan of Mama Melrose for Fantasmic. I dont know why, but I just never really have a great experience there. The food isnt bad, just not great to me and something about the atmosphere turns me off too. I could never place why though!

This time...Port Orleans French Quarter

Ressies at Liberty Tree, Narcoossees, Tusker House Breakfast, Yak&Yeti, 50's Prime Time, HOB Gospel Brunch, Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace Breakfast, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Dine w/ Imagineer Brown Derby, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe,TT Dessert Party
sweeteypie1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Here are some reviews that give an idea of the variety of work the Imagineers do:

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/s...uct=514&cat=37
Old 09-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
Zim
Meow meow

Well just to give everyone hope, I've been watching the reservations for the week we're there and after a month of watching and only 10 days before we leave, 2 spots opened up for one of the days.

So if you're thinking you missed out just keep plugging in your dates of travel - cancellations happen all the time. In fact, even though I got us reserved, I'll probably have to turn around and cancel it because I really don't think we'll get there in time. Our plane lands at 8:30am - that's just a 3-hour window (if there are no delays) to get to the Magical Express, to the AoA hotel and then to HS!!

Ugh...

UPDATE: I did cancel - I don't know WHAT pixie dust I thought would get me from MCO to HS in 3 hours!! Not gambling $140 on that! So FWIW, if you're in HS on Sept 21st I can tell you at this moment there are at least two seats available at the Dine with an Imagineer for this day (maybe more depending on the size of the party that opened it back up in the first place!)

Last edited by Zim; 09-11-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
twinmom1107
Earning My Ears

Does this mean that they are not taking reservations yet or that it's full?

"This dining event is not currently scheduled to take place on the date selected. However, it may be scheduled to take place on this date in the coming months. Please check back later or select another date."
(this is the reply I got online every time I check for availability, even at the 60 day mark)

Trying to get ressies for Nov., told to call at 60 days by Disney and have not had any luck, those answering the phone seem to be unsure of how to book ? Keep getting put on hold and then told it must not be available. Hoping someone can shed some light, my 15 yr old nephew realllly wants to go!
twinmom1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #13
DisneyGeek1010
WANTtoBEfutureIMAGINEER

This defiantly sounds like something i would want to do when my family goes sometime. I'm probably young for this site (I don't know how old you have to be) but in about 7-10 years I hope to be an Imagineer. I think that it would be so cool to go to WDW or DL with my future kids and show them the attraction that I helped design.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: