Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
dcibrando
DIS Veteran

Warning: Art of Animation thermostat WILL NOT go below 68!

I've read through a lot of posts with override possibilities and none work (likely a newer or different model). Here is what is bad....we called the front desk and maintenance twice today and both times we were told it can't be changed or overridden and that "68 should be cold enough"

We've woke up sweating both nights we've been here so far. We have a balloon in front of the sensor in case that would help anything and they need to understand 68 with humidity is warmer than some people like at night and for Disney to have NO WAY to lower or bypass this for the comfort of guest is unreal to me.

I COMPLETELY understand the sensor and saving energy during the day, but when every other resort can get around this and they are more interested in saving a buck vs the comfort of their guests something is wrong and not the Disney I'm use to (vacating multiple times per year and a DVC member)

Does anyone know what could be done if anything at this point (how to bypass 68 low limit at night, etc?)
dcibrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
chanty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcibrando

I've read through a lot of posts with override possibilities and none work (likely a newer or different model). Here is what is bad....we called the front desk and maintenance twice today and both times we were told it can't be changed or overridden and that "68 should be cold enough"

We've woke up sweating both nights we've been here so far. We have a balloon in front of the sensor in case that would help anything and they need to understand 68 with humidity is warmer than some people like at night and for Disney to have NO WAY to lower or bypass this for the comfort of guest is unreal to me.

I COMPLETELY understand the sensor and saving energy during the day, but when every other resort can get around this and they are more interested in saving a buck vs the comfort of their guests something is wrong and not the Disney I'm use to (vacating multiple times per year and a DVC member)

Does anyone know what could be done if anything at this point (how to bypass 68 low limit at night, etc?)
Not great...we also love our rooms to be really cool

Chantal

Oct 2003 - Dolphin (engagement year) Oct 2005 - POR - Honeymoon
Oct 2006 - BCV - 1st anniversary Jan 2008 - Pop Century resort
Oct 2010 - BCV & AKV - 5th Anniversary!
Nov 2011 - Pop Century - Biz trip!
Oct 2012 - AoA - Family Vacation!

"Disney. For those that get it, no explanation necessary. For those that don't, no explanation possible."
chanty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
dcibrando
DIS Veteran

same here....and even when I turn the fan on medium or high (instead of auto) it eventually shuts off. Unbelievable - I can tell I will not be staying here again because of this and if they do this to our DVC home resort I will not be happy
dcibrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
kandb
DIS Veteran

I would be really mad if I was staying there. We like the temp at around 65 degrees. That is ridiculous. When you pay almost $200 a night for a room, they can let you run the a/c in a 300 sf. room.
kandb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

Wow, guess its just me but that seems pretty cool.
Jillianv29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
sunshinecruise
Mouseketeer

I live in South Fl and we keep the a/c in our house set on 78. When we stay at Disney the lowest we set the a/c is 74. If it is any lower than that I am freezing!
sunshinecruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
HappyMomma
Mouseketeer

Wow. You all like it cold! I never have my air set lower than 74.

HappyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
pugs05
Earning My Ears

Would love to know as well if anyone finds a way to bypass. I am fine with 68 except it shuts off in the middle of the night when no movement so I have woken up every night since we got here sweating and have to up and dance in front of the thermostat for it to come back on.
pugs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #9
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs05 View Post
Would love to know as well if anyone finds a way to bypass. I am fine with 68 except it shuts off in the middle of the night when no movement so I have woken up every night since we got here sweating and have to up and dance in front of the thermostat for it to come back on.
With the motion sensor - you can tie a balloon so that it is in the air flow above the sensor so that it keeps it from shutting off and thinking no one is in the room.

Not really a bypass - but I don't think there is a way to get around the motion sensor.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
padawans
DIS Veteran

I live in AZ and I keep mine at 79 daytime and 74 at night, but it's 110 outside in the summer so it feels cool. At Disney I like to crank it down to about 64 at night. I wish I could afford to do that at home. I figure since I'm paying 300-400 a night at Disney I'm not going to worry about Disney's electric bill. 68 would be a bummer.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcibrando

I'm with you... 68 is not OK for me while in Florida. I am from New England, and when you add the humidity... Ugh just can't take it. Plus if I am spending that much money to stay somewhere, I would expect that at least the a/c would stay on all night.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #12
nanalisa
DIS Veteran

68 Sounds low enough most of the time but if I want it lower, then I want it lower. If you get chilly you can always throw on another blanket but being hot while you are trying to sleep is miserable. I'm bummed but I don't think I could stay there now.

91 off prop; 92 CBR; 93 DL; 95 DL & WL; 96 WL; 97 CSR & WL; 98 (Nov) DL; 99 CBR, Poly & BC; 01 AKL & Contemp; 02 (Jan) WL; 02 POR & Poly; 03 AKL; 05 POFQ, WL & SSR; 06 (July) Boardwalk & Contemporary; 07 (Oct) AKL; 09 (August) ASMU & WL; 10 (Oct) POR; 11 (Dec) POR; 13 (Jan) POR; 14 (July) CSR
nanalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #13
Mickeyrella
Mouseketeer

Oh wow I live in Fl and no way I'd ever have the A/C lower than 74, lol we mostly keep it at 75... When we go to Disney we keep it between 70 and 72 while we are not there to keep the room cool but once we get there it goes back to 75.
Mickeyrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #14
D&R love Disney
DIS Veteran

I'd be frozen at 68, I like it warm.Even when we visit in August, I hardly have the a/c on.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:28 AM   #15
tianna26
Mouseketeer

I would die i like it to be super cold when i sleep makes it easier to breath w/ my asthma

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: