Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #91
chimpwars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepton View Post
Anyone know which nights are designated for pirates and formal on our cruise? Does DCL only have one formal night?
I think there's a formal night and a semi-formal night. No idea when they are!

Magic Cruise 1/13
chimpwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #92
riofriotex
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Anyone know which nights are designated for pirates and formal on our cruise? Does DCL only have one formal night?
Someone posted about this on another thread - although it may have been on Cruise Critics. Said they called DCL and were told night 2 (Saturday, January 5, at sea) is formal, night 6 (Wednesday, January 9, Costa Maya) is pirates, and night 7 (Thursday, January 10, Cozumel) is semi-formal.
riofriotex is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #93
riofriotex
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgundyfire View Post
Seeing how you went on a cruise last January... How was the weather? Trying to figure out how to pack.
Quote:
Yeah, I'm wondering what Galveston will be like in January (aside from the aforementioned fog). I'm assuming it will be hit-or-miss weather, like much of the gulf coast.
Sorry, I didn't see this until today! Yes, January can be hit-or-miss in Galveston. Last year we were there January 6-8 and the temps ranged from 60 to 75. When we returned on the 15th, the low was 49 (about the time we docked), but even that day, the temperature got to a high of 67 by noon. There was fog on January 8 but not on the 15th.

I also remember wearing my light jacket a couple nights on the cruise while walking outside. But in our ports (Jamaica, Caymen, Cozumel) it was mostly sunny, highs in the 80s. We did get a brief rain shower in Cozumel. I think I wore capris and shirts with 3/4 sleeves for most of the cruise and was quite comfortable.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #94
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riofriotex View Post
Someone posted about this on another thread - although it may have been on Cruise Critics. Said they called DCL and were told night 2 (Saturday, January 5, at sea) is formal, night 6 (Wednesday, January 9, Costa Maya) is pirates, and night 7 (Thursday, January 10, Cozumel) is semi-formal.
Thanks for the info! Good to know!
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #95
CAJUNS IN CANADA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Good to know!
Just received my itinerary from Disney and it says the Pirate Deck Party is Day 5, Tuesday, Jan 8th, from 9:45 to 10:30. It does not identify the nights for the formal or semi-formal.

Corey, Armida, Christopher (15), Matthew (7)
(Dad) (Mom)

Past Cruises:
Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 02/02/08 - 02/09/08
Disney Magic Western Caribbean 02/05/11 - 02/12/11
Disney Dream Bahamas (4-day) 01/29/12 - 02/02/12
Disney Magic Caribbean (8-night)1/4/13 - 1/12/13

Upcoming Cruises:

Disney Fantasy Caribbean 12/28/13 - 01/04/14
Disney Magic Bahamas 03/07/14 - 03/10/14
Disney Magic Bahamas 03/10/14 - 03/14/14
CAJUNS IN CANADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #96
chimpwars
Earning My Ears

So who is actually dressing up pirate style for the party?
thinking I'll look for costumes after Halloween

Magic Cruise 1/13
chimpwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #97
CAJUNS IN CANADA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpwars View Post
So who is actually dressing up pirate style for the party?
thinking I'll look for costumes after Halloween
We will all be dressing up for the Pirates "IN" the Caribbean party. This has been the highlight of our past three sailings!

Corey, Armida, Christopher (15), Matthew (7)
(Dad) (Mom)

Past Cruises:
Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 02/02/08 - 02/09/08
Disney Magic Western Caribbean 02/05/11 - 02/12/11
Disney Dream Bahamas (4-day) 01/29/12 - 02/02/12
Disney Magic Caribbean (8-night)1/4/13 - 1/12/13

Upcoming Cruises:

Disney Fantasy Caribbean 12/28/13 - 01/04/14
Disney Magic Bahamas 03/07/14 - 03/10/14
Disney Magic Bahamas 03/10/14 - 03/14/14
CAJUNS IN CANADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #98
lonestardisney
Earning My Ears

See y'all in January

Hello, fellow cruisers! Austin family of 4 here, will be seeing you in January (DH 42, DW 39, DS 9, DD 6). Will send request to join FB group!
lonestardisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #99
DisneyFan907
Earning My Ears

My boyfriend tends to be a quiet reserved kind of guy, I am thinking of bringing pirate stuff along and not telling him and trying to get him to wear it. I know that he won't if he only sees kids dressing up though, do adults without kids look crazy dressing up like pirates? Or is that pretty normal? I also wanted to do FE, but realized that was more of a family/kid centered activity so decided not to.
DisneyFan907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #100
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan907 View Post
My boyfriend tends to be a quiet reserved kind of guy, I am thinking of bringing pirate stuff along and not telling him and trying to get him to wear it. I know that he won't if he only sees kids dressing up though, do adults without kids look crazy dressing up like pirates? Or is that pretty normal? I also wanted to do FE, but realized that was more of a family/kid centered activity so decided not to.
Well DH and I are leaving next Sunday for an adult only cruise and we are totally dressing up for pirate night, and we are doing the FE. In fact there are 4 other adult only couples doing the FE on that trip
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #101
DisneyFan907
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
Well DH and I are leaving next Sunday for an adult only cruise and we are totally dressing up for pirate night, and we are doing the FE. In fact there are 4 other adult only couples doing the FE on that trip
Oh really? Well then we will definitely be doing the FE! How do I sign up?
DisneyFan907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #102
riofriotex
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUNS IN CANADA View Post
Just received my itinerary from Disney and it says the Pirate Deck Party is Day 5, Tuesday, Jan 8th, from 9:45 to 10:30. It does not identify the nights for the formal or semi-formal.
I would trust your itinerary from Disney over the info I got! I think it makes sense that a formal night would be an at-sea day; I think most cruise lines try NOT to have them on port days. But, I guess that means it could be either Day 2 or Day 4 (Day 11 is also at sea, but I know that cruise lines also don't have formal night the evening before disembarkation!). I think I will try to call them tomorrow and find out for sure on the formal night.

Out of curiosity, when did you get your itinerary? Was it a certain number of days after making your final payment? Wondering when we'll get ours - final payment was made 10 days ago.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:18 AM   #103
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan907 View Post
We are all (including DW and I) planning on dressing up for pirate night... assuming we can find some cheap costumes in after Halloween clearance.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #104
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riofriotex View Post
I would trust your itinerary from Disney over the info I got! I think it makes sense that a formal night would be an at-sea day; I think most cruise lines try NOT to have them on port days. But, I guess that means it could be either Day 2 or Day 4 (Day 11 is also at sea, but I know that cruise lines also don't have formal night the evening before disembarkation!). I think I will try to call them tomorrow and find out for sure on the formal night.

Out of curiosity, when did you get your itinerary? Was it a certain number of days after making your final payment? Wondering when we'll get ours - final payment was made 10 days ago.
Just tonight I was on the DCL site and looking at my reservation. The Pirate Party showed up as a shipboard activity on the 5th day. So I guess that's the night.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #105
riofriotex
Earning My Ears

***Per Disney Cruise Agent George: Formal Night #2 Saturday, Pirate Night #5 Tuesday, and Semi Formal #7 Thursday. All other night Cruise Casual (no short pants).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: