Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
GaDisneyFreak
Earning My Ears

Was 25% off really 15% off in reality?

With Disney offering their passengers that went through Sandy last night 25% off of their next cruise or WDW vacation, is'nt it really just an extra 15% (pertaining to a future cruise) since they could get 10% even if it was smooth sailing? And did this extra 25% apply to ABD and if not, I wonder why? I think they should have given them a 25% refund of their cruise fare in cash!!
GaDisneyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDisneyFreak View Post
With Disney offering their passengers that went through Sandy last night 25% off of their next cruise or WDW vacation, is'nt it really just an extra 15% (pertaining to a future cruise) since they could get 10% even if it was smooth sailing? And did this extra 25% apply to ABD and if not, I wonder why? I think they should have given them a 25% refund of their cruise fare in cash!!

I don't think DCL should have given them anything! They got back safe and sound. Yes seas were rough...that is what happens when you sail and sail during hurricane season. DCL didn't have to give them anything. And for those that didn't book on board, yes it is a full 25% off. Why should the offer it on ABD? I think they were overly generous in offering it at all.
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

You only get 10% off if you re-book on board. Given the odds of everyone having done that, it's likely more 25% than "15%."

I don't know the terms of the offer by Disney regarding the 25% but the easiest answer, if ABD is not eligible, is because that's what Disney wants. They don't have to offer any kind of discount at all so they are being generous in doing so. As such, they may place whatever terms on it they wish.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

If this was the offer, I'm guessing that DCL would include fares normally excluded from the 10% discount. Meaning that this discount would also apply to suite guests on the cruise in question who would be booking a future suite? Or the old Cat 12 (are those still not included in the 10% OBB? Haven't kept up very well with the category changes).
Old 10-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Quote:
Why? Didn't they complete the cruise? Can't control mother nature and it sounds like they did a good job getting everyone home safely, even though it may have been a bit of a scary ride for the passengers.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas
May 2013 Disney Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
hawaiian mickey
hawaiian flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacaryn View Post
Why? Didn't they complete the cruise? Can't control mother nature and it sounds like they did a good job getting everyone home safely, even though it may have been a bit of a scary ride for the passengers.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Hey, maybe DCL should have charged them more since they turned it into an E-Ticket Ride!
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
madscrapper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post
I don't think DCL should have given them anything! They got back safe and sound. Yes seas were rough...that is what happens when you sail and sail during hurricane season. DCL didn't have to give them anything. And for those that didn't book on board, yes it is a full 25% off. Why should the offer it on ABD? I think they were overly generous in offering it at all.
Couldn't agree more! Why do people expect more when they are lucky to have received anything at all.

While on our Med 2010 cruise, we lost power in a storm, rocked and rolled horribly, items flew out of our closet doors that were slamming open and shut and 3 of us were sea sick. It never occurred to me to expect anything other than safe passage!
madscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
mom2brooke76
Proud Redhead who doesn't think that Universal is the most wonderful place on earth!

Quote:
Fairly certain that when they offer a 25% discount, it is in addition to other discounts, so if someone booked onboard they would get the 10% discount and then 25% off that balance.

The internet: A system of computers linked together to send garbage back and forth and spread rumors.
mom2brooke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #10
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2brooke76 View Post
Fairly certain that when they offer a 25% discount, it is in addition to other discounts, so if someone booked onboard they would get the 10% discount and then 25% off that balance.
When my parents were on the Magic in 2010 when it was stranded overnight at CC, they were given a 10% discount. It could not be combined with the OBB discount.

This time on the Fantasy, they were never able to complete their OBB because their quote was only delivered late last night. The 25% will be a nice discount, but given that they seem to be jinxed when sailing from PC, they may not have the opportunity to use it. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
over50visits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
When my parents were on the Magic in 2010 when it was stranded overnight at CC.......
Throw me in the briar patch! Please! Oh, to be stranded overnight at CC. In my dreams.
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #12
mom2brooke76
Proud Redhead who doesn't think that Universal is the most wonderful place on earth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
When my parents were on the Magic in 2010 when it was stranded overnight at CC, they were given a 10% discount. It could not be combined with the OBB discount.

This time on the Fantasy, they were never able to complete their OBB because their quote was only delivered late last night. The 25% will be a nice discount, but given that they seem to be jinxed when sailing from PC, they may not have the opportunity to use it. -- Suzanne
Maybe things have changed. I know for a fact that back in 2008, the 25% discount was on top of the OBB discount.

It makes good business sense for DCL to give out these discounts when things happen which could significantly effect peoples decision to book another cruise. Having a customer who pays 75% of the next cruise fare and potentially books more cruises after that at 100% is far better than risking losing a customer. Going a little overboard the ensure customer satisfaction is one of the things that sets Disney apart from the competition.

The internet: A system of computers linked together to send garbage back and forth and spread rumors.
mom2brooke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #13
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2brooke76 View Post
Maybe things have changed. I know for a fact that back in 2008, the 25% discount was on top of the OBB discount.

It makes good business sense for DCL to give out these discounts when things happen which could significantly effect peoples decision to book another cruise. Having a customer who pays 75% of the next cruise fare and potentially books more cruises after that at 100% is far better than risking losing a customer. Going a little overboard the ensure customer satisfaction is one of the things that sets Disney apart from the competition.
It is also possible my parents were not given correct information when they tried to combine the discounts in 2010. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
jsolar
Mouseketeer

What is ABD?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disney Cruise: Fantasy,6/27/15, Fantasy, 6/29/13, Fantasy, 6/23/12, Fantasy, 7/5/11, Dream, 8/17/10, Wonder, 8/22/09, Magic
Disney World: Disney's Beach Club, 06/27/14, Pop Century Resort, 6/24/05, All Star Sports Resort, 01/05/96, Polynesian Resort, 09/08/87
jsolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
that's ridiculous....they have no control over the weather and though there were some scary moments, the cruise was completed and everyone returned safely...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: