Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #1951
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamfan14 View Post
My grandfather (who is in charge of the major planning and funding of the trip) broke the news that we may not be staying in Cars after all...I assumed he told them our Cars preference when booking, but it looks like a 50/50 chance between Cars and LK...

Can someone reassure me that LK will not be all that bad? It looks the least appealing to me out of all four themes...
If we stayed in a suite (we were in LM), I would prefer Cars over any other area of the resort. I thought LK was the least appealing (but I'm not a big LK fan anyway), however, it's a short walk to anywhere else you want to go. The LM pool is right around the corner (and better than the Cars pool to me) and the Big Blue Pool is close as well. I think the only major difference to me was that there is no pool in LK. I don't think it's a bad area, but like I said, we just don't like Lion King. All you need to do is take a short walk to go to another area of the resort. I am not sure what it looks like as far as rooms go, just the outside.

I found the Cars area to be the quietest are of the entire resort, but I have no idea if it's always that way.

No matter where you stay, you will have a fabulous time!!

Last edited by sixkristy6; 10-27-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #1952
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Question for those that have shipped to Resort Prior to arrival?

Our vacation is fast approaching and we are bursting at the seams with anticipation for November 28th to arrive.
In the mean time we are planning on shipping some needed items to AoA to have waiting for us for our arrival.
We wanted to know which carriers have been used to ship there?
We would like to use FedEx or UPS but would like to know who others have used with good results?
Also would like to know the address you used to ship your items to and how far in advance did you ship?

Thanks for the help

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #1953
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkandPooh View Post
Our vacation is fast approaching and we are bursting at the seams with anticipation for November 28th to arrive.
In the mean time we are planning on shipping some needed items to AoA to have waiting for us for our arrival.
We wanted to know which carriers have been used to ship there?
We would like to use FedEx or UPS but would like to know who others have used with good results?
Also would like to know the address you used to ship your items to and how far in advance did you ship?

Thanks for the help
I had a case of water shipped to AoA which arrived earlier in the day that we checked in. I called the next day and was transferred from the front desk to bell services. They couldn't find my shipment. Eventually it was found at the front desk and I was told that they would deliver it while I was at one of the parks. We came back late at night and it wasn't there. I called again the next morning and was told they didn't have it. I explained that I was told that they did and it would be delivered but it wasn't. Eventually after being on hold and transferred to a couple people, it was found and they delivered it. BTW, it was shipped via FedEx. I don't know if there's usually problems like this but here's the address:
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Along with your address and c/o your name, you should put the date of check-in on the package. Ordering through Walmart, I wasn't able to enter my check-in date, there wasn't room to enter it. I've read on this forum that you should not put your confirmation number on your package.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 10-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #1954
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
I had a case of water shipped to AoA which arrived earlier in the day that we checked in. I called the next day and was transferred from the front desk to bell services. They couldn't find my shipment. Eventually it was found at the front desk and I was told that they would deliver it while I was at one of the parks. We came back late at night and it wasn't there. I called again the next morning and was told they didn't have it. I explained that I was told that they did and it would be delivered but it wasn't. Eventually after being on hold and transferred to a couple people, it was found and they delivered it. BTW, it was shipped via FedEx. I don't know if there's usually problems like this but here's the address:
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Along with your address and c/o your name, you should put the date of check-in on the package. Ordering through Walmart, I wasn't able to enter my check-in date, there wasn't room to enter it. I've read on this forum that you should not put your confirmation number on your package.
Thanks for the info. I wonder why you should not put the conformation number on the box?

Anyone else have an idea?

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Old 10-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #1955
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Having just stayed at AoA for a night 2 weeks ago, I'd have to say the resort is adorable, very well themed. I found the food court to be chaotic but the food was good.

I think the Cars section is the best themed of them all. We stayed in a Nemo suite and again, it was decorated so well.

The kids swam around 8 pm and found the water very cold. We live in Utah so they're used to the cold.

This was a one night stay pre DVC and while I missed the DVC amenities, I'm glad we stayed a night to check it out. The Drop Off makes a nice drink too. Staff was friendly for sure.

There is no way our family of 5 could stay there for more than a day or so in such small quarters. We love our breaks and resort time. AoA did not give a vibe of relaxation but it sure is fun.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 10-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #1956
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkandPooh View Post
Thanks for the info. I wonder why you should not put the conformation number on the box?

Anyone else have an idea?
I remember reading someone saying that a CM told them to not put the confirmation number on their package. I'm guessing that someone could get personal information from that number but I would only think they would be able to if they had access to Disney's computer system.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 10-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #1957
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

CareHeartsDisney! Does AOA has extra magic hour?
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
Old 10-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #1958
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
I think you're confused. Extra Magic Hours are only for the parks and only on certain days.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
Old 10-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #1959
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
I think you're confused. Extra Magic Hours are only for the parks and only on certain days.
Yes, jeanylaser, you're confused. Extra Magic Hours are for all resort guests. Basically, certain days of the week, at least one park is open either earlier or later than usual.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #1960
deedee2177
Disney Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6

We did the pick a pearl. What are the Cinderella Carriage necklaces?

We stayed in building 9, room 9828, top floor. We were looking at part of the parking lot, and we had a perfect view.
They are silver Cinderella Carriage charms that you can have your pearl put into. You can order them off of ebay for about $7 and bring it with you to Pick a Pearl and they will place the pearl inside the carriage charm for you.

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062
Old 10-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #1961
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamfan14
My grandfather (who is in charge of the major planning and funding of the trip) broke the news that we may not be staying in Cars after all...I assumed he told them our Cars preference when booking, but it looks like a 50/50 chance between Cars and LK...

Can someone reassure me that LK will not be all that bad? It looks the least appealing to me out of all four themes...
We stayed in a Lion King suite and really liked it. The room is decor is really cute and our room was very quiet.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 10-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #1962
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
They are silver Cinderella Carriage charms that you can have your pearl put into. You can order them off of ebay for about $7 and bring it with you to Pick a Pearl and they will place the pearl inside the carriage charm for you.
I saw a whole thread on it here last night (after searching), thanks. I was thinking of buying one now and putting the pearl DD picked in it for a Xmas gift, but I wonder if the color of the charm will change quickly since it is so inexpensive. I assume the chain would change color but I would buy a different one anyway.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #1963
JessiBelle22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

They have a salt water filtration sytem, but are not salt water pools.
By this, means what? Is the water salty when you get in, like say if you were at a beach? And are all the pools at AoA like this?

September 2013 WDW! :-)

Old 10-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #1964
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiBelle22

By this, means what? Is the water salty when you get in, like say if you were at a beach? And are all the pools at AoA like this?

September 2013 WDW! :-)
No the water is not salty!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #1965
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

thank you CareHeartsDisney for the info! I can't wait to stay in the Cars wing at AOA for Dec 2012!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: