Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #31
Mel2421
Mouseketeer

More please!!!! Sailing Dec. 1st.
AS Sports/Movies Sept 2008
Pop June 2010
Disney Magic Dec. 2012
Disney Wonder Dec. 2013
Pop Aug 2014
Mel2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #32
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Oh my goodness .. meats, cheese, veal, tiramisu and Kir Royales, that sounds like my idea of heaven

What a great start to the day Jenny

p.s. great to see a start on the cocktail count

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #33
shaned
Mouseketeer

Jenny - couldn't agree with your more Suzanna was fabulous. We tried the Margarita pizza, it was so yummy. I had the chicken parm.
Dena

shaned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #34
patman2011
Mouseketeer

subbing along, great trip report! We really had a great time, and enjoyed the cruise, I hope to maybe go on another cruise soon!
patman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #35
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Sun...at sea...cont...

DH took a few sunset pics from the balcony while we all got ready for Formal night.

I forced the family to take these pics before we headed out.

We were in Lumieres...I had forgotten how beautiful it was...

Cocktail of the evening was the Golden Slipper...and it was very yummy!! They evaporate quickly though ....I had to order a second one!

I had the Slow Roasted Duck & Cheese Quesadilla, Coronation of Mixed Leaves salad, Rosemary Scented Medallions of Lamb and Cinderalla's Lemon Cheesecake.

Quesadilla…

Salad…

Lamb

Cheesecake…

Close up of the chocolate pieces…so cute!

Scott had Princess Madeleine Salmon Royal, Radiccio and Endive Caesar Salad, Rosemary Scented Medallions of Lamb and a brandy (in place of dessert) ....who doesn't eat dessert??

Salmon…

Caesar Salad…

Lamb…again…lol

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #36
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Still more....

After dinner DH & I decided to go to Rockin Bar D. Mum and Mo decided to call it a night. We went back to the room to change...towel animal of the night…

Off we went to Rockin Bar D to see Steve Carte who was the comedian/juggler doing the Adult Cabaret Show and then Match Your Mate. Rockin’ Bar D was packed when we arrived. Steve Carte was funny, not rip your sides laughing funny, but entertaining enough. A fellow DISer was picked for the newly wed couple….we always think Match Your Mate is funny…but would never volunteer ourselves!! LOL

We stayed and danced off some calories for a while – we were on the only ones on the dance floor, but the mojitos and the Stella Artois helped with that. I also will admit that the comedian came up to me and was talking about his act....part of it involves a dance & I told him that he needed to use a two step or polka given that most of the passengers are from the south....I then proceeded to teach him a two step ....and realized the next morning that I had in FACT taught him a POLKA. So if anyone is on the Magic and the comedian tells you he's two stepping, when he's actually doing the polka...you know who to blame! I guess my cocktail count had increased significantly by this point.

We decided that the dance floor had seen enough of the Scott & Jenny show but we were wide awake so we headed back to the room to grab Scott’s camera and we walked around Deck 10 to take photographs while the ship was almost empty.

The doors to Palo were wide open...so who wouldn't go in an nose around...right???

The guest book...I didn't even know they had one of these until the tour...

We grabbed a cup of decaf coffee from the drink station and wandered up to the front of the ship. The stars were fantastic...they seemed to stretch forever and it was definitely the best place that we found to look at them. We finally hit the bed about 2 am!!!

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
Old 10-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #37
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Monday - At Sea Day

Amazingly we got up late! LOL I also don’t have very many photos from today…I apologize for that up front! LOL This post will be fairly boring and just text….so you can skip it if you only do the photos! ! I do have a review of the spa though...just to try and suck a few of you in.....

We got up just before 10 am and dashed up to Topsiders before it closed for breakfast. Mum and Mo had already been up…given that they HADN’T been dirty stop outs the night before…and they had been to Topsiders already. After breakfast we met them up at Quiet Cove for a few hours reading and watching the sea. We grabbed a quick turkey sandwich and fruit from Goofy’s around 1 pm and waited to go to the spa for our Couples Choice treatment in the spa at 2:30 pm. We walked in a little before 2:30 pm, it didn’t seem very crowded in there and we filled out the survey before they took us back to the locker rooms to change. I had a very hard time finding a locker that was both empty and had a lock that worked. There were a lot that were broken. We were taken to our treatment room…I was worried that after the Dream and Fantasy that we would be disappointed with the spa on the Magic, but we weren’t at all, in fact, we preferred the Jacuzzi tub over the ones they have on the Dream and Fantasy. We both elected to have a hot stone massage. I told them while they were discussing the treatment options that we had recently been on the Fantasy and so were not interested in any products…it seemed to work.

We were offered two different types of treatment for the water in the hot tub, which we haven’t been offered on either the Dream or the Fantasy, we elected to mix both, one was the Elemis Muscle Ease, and I forget what the other one was. They also offered us our choice of tea for after the treatment, and we could choose a different tea each. On the Dream & Fantasy we were given a tea, there wasn't a choice or individual teas available to us, so that was a nice suprise. I chose chamomile, Scott chose green tea. After the foot washing ritual we got into the hot tub, we had had enough and just got out when they knocked to say our time was coming to an end, so it was good timing. The hot stone massage was wonderful. The therapist knocked my eye cover off while she was massaging my scalp, which was a “bright light” moment but nothing that spoiled it. We finished up with relaxing on the lounger outside while drinking our tea and eating the fruit. There was a beautiful rainbow, but it was really different and was way up in the clouds…and…of course…we didn’t have our camera… but it was like a rainbow shimmer in the cloud and was beautiful….but you will have to take my word for it. We finished and got changed and headed out to get a small snack as we still had several hours before dinner.

We ran into Mum & Maureen, who had just got back from watching Brave in the Buena Vista Theatre , while we were at Goofy’s. I got a taco and Scott got a hamburger…the taco was OK..the hamburger looked good. Although I didn't write it down...I'm pretty sure I also got a a Drink of the Day.... which was a Bahama Breezer...

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #38
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Animators Palate Show

We headed back to the room to shower and we sat on the balcony and watched the sunset. It was a really beautiful sunset that night.

The Navigator had the Twice Charmed Show for tonight seeing as it had been cancelled last night. It was interesting to me because I'd always assumed the Navigators were printed ahead of time...of course with hindsight I should have realized they have the weather ...anyway - we skipped the show and elected to watch the waves instead.

Dinner was in Animator’s Palate.

I had Wild Mushroom Risotto with Porcini Twist, Baked Potato Soup, Penne Pasta and Buckled Warm Apple Crumble.

Risotto…not a great pic…

Soup…

Pasta….OK, so the pasta description on the menu is this… In Parmesan Cream, topped with Julienne of Turkey Breast and Prosciutto….let me tell you…it was not good at all…. I should have asked them for something else, but I honestly didn’t need to eat any more anyway!

Apple Crumble with the BEST vanilla bean ice cream…

Scott had Ahi Tuna Tartare, Confetti Tomato Salad, Animator’s Grilled Veal Chop and the Buckled Warm Apple Crumble.

Tuna…

No pic of the salad....epic fail on the part of DH ….but here's a pic of us and you can see the salad in it.... You can also see evidence of my cocktail which I think was Artist's Impression - Absolut Vanilla, Frangelico, Passion Fruit Purée and Orange Juice

Another Apple Crumble….

This was our first time back in the “old version” of AP having seen the new version on the Dream and the Fantasy.

I have to say that I really loved it, and I really hope they don’t change it to match what the Dream class ships have. I know I’m in the minority, but that’s just me …it reminded me of our first sailing …and I love that Sorcerer Mickey makes an appearance…although he moves FAST…you have a hard time catching a photo!

After dinner we strolled down through Shutters and over toward the Atrium…there were a ton of characters around…Belle passed us by while she was giving autographs…

Then she gathered a small group of children and sat them by the elevators to read them a story…so cute!!

Donald was down in the Atrium…

We headed to bed fairly early as the 2 am photoshoot was beginning to catch up with us.

This is an elephant…in case it isn’t showing up too well…

Jenny & Scott

Last edited by ukintheus; 10-26-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #39
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Joining in and loving it. I did the maiden voyage out of Galveston, so I love comparing. There is a lot the same and a lot different.

We heard you could board with the lowest boarding number in your group too and we did. Most of us had 8' and I think 1 had a 12, but one had a 2 and we all boarded with her.
No one ever even looked at the numbers.
I heard someone else also say the security was strict. I think it might depend which line you go through because we breezed through easily.

I can't wait to read more.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #40
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Joining in and loving it. I did the maiden voyage out of Galveston, so I love comparing. There is a lot the same and a lot different.

We heard you could board with the lowest boarding number in your group too and we did. Most of us had 8' and I think 1 had a 12, but one had a 2 and we all boarded with her.
No one ever even looked at the numbers.
I heard someone else also say the security was strict. I think it might depend which line you go through because we breezed through easily.

I can't wait to read more.
I tried telling them that I knew that others had been allowed to do it but she wasn't having any part of it...

I'm following your trip report too You have a ton of great photos... I'm bad about forgetting to take photos of stuff....it's given me something to aim for next time.

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #41
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Joining in! It sounds like a wonderful cruise so far! I hear you on AP...while I really enjoyed our dinner on the Dream a few weeks back, there is something about the original version on the classic ships. (And I truly miss PC, which is my favorite dining room on the classic ships.) The Fantasy is next up for us, but I'm aching to get back on the Magic soon!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #42
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Tuesday - Grand Cayman

We had set up a Mickey wake up call for 6:15 am. W needed to be on one of the first tenders off the ship as we had booked an Island Tour followed by a Stingray City and snorkel stop with Captain Marvins. We've used them before and they were great.

We were up before the wake up call went off. We also set up for room service at 6:30 am and had breakfast cereal, toast, English muffin and juice and coffee. They called at about 6:15 am to say they were on their way.

The personal navigator had told us the night before that we needed to consult our tender letter, which hadn’t arrived by the time we went to bed. I guessed that first tender would be about 7:30 am. The tender letter was in our fish early that morning and showed the tenders as starting at 7:30 am, and everyone that was NOT on a DCL excursion needed to go the Buena Vista Theatre to get a tender ticket.

Due to “inclement weather”....which we could only guess was related to the tide because the weather was beautiful...they weren’t tendering into Georgetown but were going to Spott’s Bay (which I had no clue where it was).

We watched the first tenders line up while we were waiting...

And took these from our verandah...

We got down to BVT before 7:30 am and got our tender tickets. Each person had to get one. They were also handing out shuttle tickets, one per person each way, so two per person. Having never been to Spott’s Bay, we didn’t realize that it is a bus ride from the pier into town. We were on the first tender quickly and off over to the Island.

We got on a bus...it was a little more chaotic with various excursions going in different directions to various buses...you could tell there were already some frazzled people........but we found our bus and it was filled up quickly. The first few minutes we zipped along........then ran into traffic.... a LOT of traffic!!! It took us over 45 mins to get from the pier into downtown. We found out later there had been a fatal traffic accident on the island that morning.

I thought we were going to miss check in at Captain Marvin’s...the bus dropped us off close to the center of town, so we then had to walk back past the Georgetown pier.... but we made it with 2 minutes to spare. It was close to a 10 minute walk I think. Because of the huge mess with traffic Capt Marvins were also having problems. Their 8:30 snorkle tour was running late and so they put us on that, it all worked out, and we didn’t really care which we did first. We headed out to the other side of the island where Capt Marvins run their boats. The traffic had eased up, but I think we were on the opposite side of where the accident had been.

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #43
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Stingray City & Snorkle Excursion

Captain Marvins is run out of a large home in a very affluent subdivision where all the homes sit on the water. As soon as we got there, they loaded us up and we were on our way. There are iguanas everywhere.

The boat was smaller than the one we had been on last time, and was fairly full. The weather was beautiful, and the water was like a swimming pool.

There were only three other boats when we got to Stingray City....and the one large one was almost finished with their excursion....

The guide started feeding the stingrays squid...

Most people got in...there were a few that stayed on the boat...Mum being one of them! I think Scott was the first one in....go figure....

Soon had a lot swimming around us.

The guide showed us the barb, and told us some things about the stingrays in general...

Last time we were here in 2010 I was too chicken to stay in, but this time we all fed the stingrays and even had photographs taken picking them up, kissing them and with them on our back.

Because the tour wasn't full, they said that they had enough time to do an additional stop so we all loaded back onto the boat and headed to Coral Gardens to do some snorkeling.

We saw a few fish, but it wasnt anything fantastic.

Next we headed to Barrier Reef and they had more squid to feed the fish. There were a lot of fish and we got some great pictures...we also took video...but I don't know how to post it...

The guide told us there was a moray eel in the crevice of this rock....I never could see it...

After 20 mins there, we began to head back in...right as we pulled away the guide pulled out some starfish for us to photograph...

The water there is absolutely beautiful...

We docked back at Capt Marvins. They already had a bus waiting for us to take us on the island tour.

Jenny & Scott

Last edited by ukintheus; 10-28-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #44
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Captain Marvins Island Tour

Our tour guide, Dennis, was ready to go and because of all the chaos during the earlier excursions we had the bus to ourselves! A personal island tour we were thrilled!

We started by stopping outside the Governors House...

Dennis explained some of the political background of how the Governor is appointed by the Queen of England, and the rest of the officials are elected.

We passed by Seven Mile Beach, the water looked beautiful...

Dennis stopped to tell us a bit about The Old Homestead and the preservation and restoration that has been done on it despite many hurricanes..

My Mum had been looking forward to sending lots of postcards back to her friends in England at her church to say shed been to Hell.

Dennis took us back and showed us the rock formation....

We took a few photos back here and all posed in the corny cut out...

Next stop was the gift shop....we had prepared address labels ahead of time as she wanted to send about 15 cards. The people running the gift shop next to the post office knew our tour guide and were very friendly and helpful, but we were the only people there, so we had plenty of time to get them all quickly written. All of them said the same thing Having a Hell of a Time. Still alive!! It had to be short and sweet as we needed to get them written and over to the post office to get them in the mail. The postage on 16 postcards to the United Kingdom and 5 to the United States was about $5.00, a total bargain!!

Next stop was the Turtle Farm.

We werent that interested in spending a lot of time there, but it was included in the cost of the excursion and Dennis was good at steering us around there with the highlights. We all held a turtle....

Mum wasn't keen at all....

We had our photo taken...

....and were in and out in about 20-30 minutes. We saw other people with Disney excursion stickers on there, so we werent quite as worried about getting back to the ship on time. Dennis knew we were concerned about the shuttle back to the pier to tender so once we were back in the bus we headed straight back into town and he dropped us off right where the shuttles were loading. We contemplated trying to find a good cup of English tea for Mum and my sister, but by this time we were tired, hungry and ready to get back to the ship.

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #45
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Leaving Grand Cayman

There was a DCL representative at the bus stop who was helping to coordinate the buses back and make sure things were going smoothly. Another small detail that just makes Disney first class.

We got on the next bus, they were loading very quickly, and we were off back to the ship. The journey that took us 45 minutes that morning took us 11 minutes in the afternoon!

We snapped some photos of the Magic before we headed down to the tender...

The weather looked like it was going to get bad...but it never made in inland...

They had iced water and lemonade at the pier...I grabbed a lemonade, and we got straight onto a tender...no waiting at all...

We were back to the ship at 2:30 pm....incredible given how much we had managed to pack into the day... we headed up to Deck 9 to grab some lunch. Scott and I both had chicken tenders and fries and they were great....LOVE the chicken tenders.

Scott took a few photos of the island while we were up there...

We went back to sit on the balcony and watched the final tenders bringing people back from the pier.

The ship turned around while the last few tenders were loading and unloading, so we figured they weren’t planning on being late! We pulled away at 4:30 pm and got underway in a hurry.

Jenny & Scott

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: