Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #346
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Do you have any idea how totally awesome it is to get lost in your tour of the Magic today? What an awesome way to spend my first dow time in weeks.

I share the same sleep issues when I'm on vacation. I always have trouble sleeping at home, but have routines set up to get me back to sleep..... like turning on the TV. But it's hard to do that with other people in close quarters.

You sure you won't be missing that Texas head when your cold front hits tomorrow?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #347
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up on the lunch photos. I braced myself for hunger pangs............

I'm so sorry I won't get to see show pictures from this cruise. It would totally drive me nuts to watch and not get to capture those gorgeous costumes on camera.......

Isn't it amazing just how blue that water got?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #348
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Yes, definitely. We will head to WDW after the cruise so I won't get going on the trip report until early December.

Corinna
No problem. Just give me a heads up if you think of it. I wil lbe gone for 2 weeks in Nov myself and starting my next TR, so I have a lot coming up too. I haven't even had a chance to look and see if there are any other Galveston TR's going on too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
LOL! I could totally see myself saying just that.

I'm that way with red velvet cake. I've never tried it. What if I like it? Then there's just one more thing on the face of the earth I have to use my willpower to avoid!

I had no idea they had such extensive spas on these ships. Not sure what I'd think of it......... never have tried. I think my problem is that I'm not good at sitting still.
She's BACK!!!!! I just read your email! So glad you have a few days to catch a breath!
They do have some nice spas. I am not really a spa or gym kind of person, so I don't get all excited as much as others. If I had a bigger wallet, maybe I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Food, food & more food! I can see why a co-worker gained 12 lbs on her cruise last year. She must have not walked the deck!

I think it would be so relaxing to sit and watch the water go by for a while. I'd probably fall asleep and burn to a crisp.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
It is so easy to over eat. So much food and so little time.
Yes, we did see a few crispies here and there.

Quote:
Do you have any idea how totally awesome it is to get lost in your tour of the Magic today? What an awesome way to spend my first dow time in weeks.

I share the same sleep issues when I'm on vacation. I always have trouble sleeping at home, but have routines set up to get me back to sleep..... like turning on the TV. But it's hard to do that with other people in close quarters.

You sure you won't be missing that Texas head when your cold front hits tomorrow?
I am so glad you are back. I was super busy once again today for a few hours. I am taking a break for the rest of the night and plan on getting some work I mean to do today done tomorrow. Not enough hours anymore. And of course I have to take time out and update too!

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on the lunch photos. I braced myself for hunger pangs............

I'm so sorry I won't get to see show pictures from this cruise. It would totally drive me nuts to watch and not get to capture those gorgeous costumes on camera.......

Isn't it amazing just how blue that water got?
The water got so blue. it was just heavenly.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #349
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I know so many people love that. I don't. Too healthy. I guess that is why I am overweight. Donuts win for me.
Never fear, I had the antidote to the healthy breakfast. It was chocolate soft-serve between two chocolate chip cookies from lunch!!!!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #350
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Who were your servers on the Magic for Dinner?

DS had every day for breakfast - a chocolate frosted donut, a hash brown patty, either a waffle or a pancake, sausage or bacon, and chocolate milk. I'd also force a glass of apple juice on him too.

We felt so relaxed on our cruise, nowhere you had to be, except for dinner. My hubby said it was because I couldn't plan shopping trips, and pick out where we were eating, and do too much overplanning!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #351
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Never fear, I had the antidote to the healthy breakfast. It was chocolate soft-serve between two chocolate chip cookies from lunch!!!!
Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Who were your servers on the Magic for Dinner?

DS had every day for breakfast - a chocolate frosted donut, a hash brown patty, either a waffle or a pancake, sausage or bacon, and chocolate milk. I'd also force a glass of apple juice on him too.

We felt so relaxed on our cruise, nowhere you had to be, except for dinner. My hubby said it was because I couldn't plan shopping trips, and pick out where we were eating, and do too much overplanning!
We had Raphael and Luis. They were fabulous too.

Yes, I think thats probably true for me too. On this longer day one I had more time to just not do anything at all and just go with the flow. I did a lot of last minute deciding of what to do for the hour and I actually liked it.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #352
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We made our way back to the room to get changed.

We debated on ordering a snack from room service. I wanted to get the cheese plate and a Mickey bar. Lisa said she wanted one too. And then she asked, whatís a Mickey Bar?Ē LOL! She is not a huge ice cream fan, but she said she would probably enjoy it. We called and asked how long it would take to get delivered and they mustíve been busy, because it was going to be at least 45 minutes to an hour. That would cut it too close to our meet, so we just decided not to get anything for now.

We still had some time to kill though, so we headed out once again.

This bathroom was right down the hall from us.

We stopped and took a look at where were we.

And took a quick walk through the shops to see if there was something we couldnít live without.

We made our way up then and peeked in the arcade.

And all the way up top then. I thought it would be fun to go to the front of the ship.

This was actually kind of scary. The wind at the front is VERY strong and Lisa was worried we would blow off, so she quickly went behind the glass. I braved a few seconds and took a couple of pictures.

We walked down to deck 9 and stood near the front but to the side. This was in the window to the gym. I just found it kind of funny being there.

They had this set up near the adult pool, I assume to advertise their services, along with a few Cast Members.

We still have 15 minutes before the meet.

These were just outside the spa if I remember right.

And we started making our way toward the meet and greet.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #353
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Well after seeing your great photos on the DCL food pics thread, I came across your dream thread, and now I'm stalking this one. If we're being honest here, it was my reading material at work today. (Its okay, I still got some stuff done...!) Its been great to see a lot of the food, the ship, and activities too. Totally OT, but the Blue Lagoon excursion you had on the Dream made me rethink our plans! Looked like so much fun!

I love that you were able to go on the cruise so last minute and with a friend to reconnect and also see cruise friends again and meet new ones. Looks like a fun group! Can't wait to read the rest of the report.
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #354
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
Well after seeing your great photos on the DCL food pics thread, I came across your dream thread, and now I'm stalking this one. If we're being honest here, it was my reading material at work today. (Its okay, I still got some stuff done...!) Its been great to see a lot of the food, the ship, and activities too. Totally OT, but the Blue Lagoon excursion you had on the Dream made me rethink our plans! Looked like so much fun!

I love that you were able to go on the cruise so last minute and with a friend to reconnect and also see cruise friends again and meet new ones. Looks like a fun group! Can't wait to read the rest of the report.
Thanks for joining me!
I'm glad I kept you busy at work!

I have more pictures of the Dream from last Aug when I got to tour her once again. If you are interested, I can pm you the link to the pictures.

I can't wait!!! I will be at the Halloween party 1 week from now and then 2 days till we board her again! I can't remember, are you doing WDW too?
Old 10-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #355
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Man, I was hoping to see a "I'm the King of the World" (ala Titanic) type pose/picture from the front of the ship!

I think that is so neat you can see where you are!

I want a Mickey Bar, now!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #356
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Man, I was hoping to see a "I'm the King of the World" (ala Titanic) type pose/picture from the front of the ship!

I think that is so neat you can see where you are!

I want a Mickey Bar, now!
OK, we both did a really quck version fit. LOL You found us out. I was a little braver at doing it though, because Lisa was scared with the wind so fierce up there.
I am so ready to have 1 too. And lets just say, the one I had on the ship ...eventually, wasn't as wonderful as it should've been. Totally my fault though.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #357
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
OK, we both did a really quck version fit. LOL You found us out. I was a little braver at doing it though, because Lisa was scared with the wind so fierce up there.
I am so ready to have 1 too. And lets just say, the one I had on the ship ...eventually, wasn't as wonderful as it should've been. Totally my fault though.
OK, just what can you do to a Mickey bar to make it not wonderful?

Where are we.......... SIX days???????????

Jen, you have to book a bounceback. I won't recognize your posts without a ticker in your signature!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #358
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
OK, just what can you do to a Mickey bar to make it not wonderful?

Where are we.......... SIX days???????????

Jen, you have to book a bounceback. I won't recognize your posts without a ticker in your signature!
LOL> Well if it can be done...I can do it.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #359
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We made our way towards Sessions.

They handed us glasses of champagne as we walked in. I do like champagne! I am not big on wine, but champagne always tastes so good.

Carolyn and girls hadnt arrived yet, but Brook and Mary were there. Marys friends didnt come to this event.

You could bring a pink feather boa, but I didnt, mostly because I was lacking space and the one I couldve brought that was Claires just sheds something awful.

We sat and chatted a bit. We really didnt move around the room much at all.

I ordered an amaretto sour and Lisa got a bloody Mary. I didnt get a picture of my drink though.

Mine was darn good!

I had thought Brook took my camera and took some random pictures, but I dont have many, so maybe she didnt.

I went up to the bar and ordered a strawberry daiquiri and while I waited for that, I grabbed another glass of champagne &..yeah I was going to get my moneys worth in that hour. LOL

Here is my daiquiri.

And Lisas drink.

They had some sort of Beauties contest.

And some trivia and you would win prizes, which were magnets. I think Lisa got 1, and she gave it to me, but I think I left it there on accident. After 4 drinks I was a bit happy.

They also had a beer drinking contest. Susan went up with a couple of guys. We were laughing so hard.

She didnt even come close to winning, but it was fun and we all had fun cheering her on.

We then went for a group picture. I have no clue how I took this picture of Lisa, because I thought she had my camera, but maybe she has Brooks and then I handed her off mine after I took this.

There is just no way to get a good group shot like this. We all kept talking and moving and being goofy.
I am in the back row towards the left side.

After our hour was up, people started clearing out and many went down to the atrium to get a group shot, but we didnt feel like going there.

I took one last shot before we left. One of the gals had a banner made for the event.

It was really a fun time, but I drank too much. I was actually surprised how well I was doing. I rarely drink anymore and I had had 4 drinks in an hours time. I shouldve been falling over, and at most I was just giggly.

We headed out and I made a stop in the bathroom there in Beat Street. This is a BEAUTIFUL bathroom.

Last edited by jenseib; 10-27-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #360
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the bathroom tour! I really am amazed at how beautiful (and different) they all are!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: