Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #16
Danny K
DIS Veteran

Tutto all the way!!!

Tutto All the Way

Last edited by Danny K; 11-08-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Danny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I have not been to Tutto Italia, but have friends that have been to Tutto, and they said it was very romantic, and such good food. I have been to Il Mulino, and it was a very bad experience. I haven't been since last year, may be it changed, but some friends also been to IM 2 weeks ago, and didn't like it either. First of all, when I arrived one of the waiters was a lier. The waiter said that we could get a free appetizer, if we got an entree and a dessert, so we got an appetizer, and the waiter said that he was just joking with us. THAT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. We asked to speak to the manager, and he said he would give us a free appetizer, because the waiter said so, and the waiter got fired. Another thing is that the food isn't that great. I had the cannelloni, and it was just too small for one thing, and it tasted just like strong cream. The tomato sauce had no taste. I experienced very very small portions. I am considering trying Il Mulino again next year but afraid, because some friends said they didn't like the food. I think it might of improved since the waiter that served us got fired, but cannot be sure. On the other hand though I have heard very good reports about tutto, and it seems their portions are huge, especially if you get pasta they fill up a whole large bowl of pasta. So if I had to decide I would PROBABLY choose Tutto. If anybody else had bad experiences recently with Il Mulino recently please let me know.
He actually got FIRED??? All because of an appetizer?? WOW.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #18
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
I have been to Il Mulino, and it was a very bad experience. I haven't been since last year, may be it changed, but some friends also been to IM 2 weeks ago, and didn't like it either.
This seems a bit odd in light of this post:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ghlight=mulino

Why wouldn't you have simply said that you weren't considering going there because you had been and didn't like it, as opposed to saying that you weren't considering it because it wasn't on the DP? The earlier post does not read as if it was penned by someone who had actually been to Il Mulino, and the whole "waiter got fired" story seems to be a stretch.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
This seems a bit odd in light of this post:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ghlight=mulino

Why wouldn't you have simply said that you weren't considering going there because you had been and didn't like it, as opposed to saying that you weren't considering it because it wasn't on the DP? The earlier post does not read as if it was penned by someone who had actually been to Il Mulino, and the whole "waiter got fired" story seems to be a stretch.
Great minds thinks allike. I just posted the same thing on the other thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ghlight=mulino

I honestly cant believe someone would be fired because of the appetizer. Guess its not impossible but its a bit of stretch for sure.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 10-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #20
Danny K
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=goofyintoronto;46544410]Great minds thinks allike. I just posted the same thing on the other thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ghlight=mulino

Last edited by Danny K; 11-08-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
They were fired because they lied about an appetizer. It seems really unacceptable to me. But this is why I am asking on another thread, because since the waiter got fired it might be better now, they also had renovations since then.
I dont see how the quality of food would improve based on the dismissal of a waiter. Unless he was purposely sabotaging the meals, i cant see how the two are related at all.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #22
Danny K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I dont see how the quality of food would improve based on the dismissal of a waiter. Unless he was purposely sabotaging the meals, i cant see how the two are related at all.
There was also renovations.

Last edited by Danny K; 11-08-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #23
katclicks
Mouseketeer

I agree that the op question seems a bit strange. For just having visited wdw last year, you have many questions that you you should know having experienced it firsthand already. Thinking of the "how do things work at Disney thread." Confused.
katclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #24
Danny K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katclicks View Post
I agree that the op question seems a bit strange. For just having visited wdw last year, you have many questions that you you should know having experienced it firsthand already. Thinking of the "how do things work at Disney thread." Confused.
I stayed off site last year, so I really don't know much.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #25
TPR
Earning My Ears

I understand that Tutto Italia have just changed their menu recently. Have a look before you go in case you might be getting outdated information.
TPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #26
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPR
I understand that Tutto Italia have just changed their menu recently. Have a look before you go in case you might be getting outdated information.
I've eaten there after the renovations and the food was simply fantastic!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #27
coup2516
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coup2516 View Post
Have never eaten at Tutto but I find it hard to believe it is close to on par with Il Mulino. It was absolutely outstanding.
We've now eaten at Tutto Italia, so I can definitively say that Il Mulino is so much better. I had spaghetti and meatballs at Tutto, and it was some of the worse I've ever had. My homemade meatballs and Prego sauce are more delicious than that dish was.

AKV-K/BWV 08/10
SSR/BLT/AKV-J 11/11
BCV/SSR 11/12
coup2516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #28
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

I have been to both Il Mulino and Tutto Italia twice each and absolutely love both of the restaurants atmosphere, service, and food. I would highly recommend both restaurants. But with that said, I give Il mulino the slight edge between the two.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #29
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

I know this is a minority opinion,but I thought Il Mulino was terrible when I went there during the 1st week of November.

We had caesar salad that was so salty, it was inedible. My kids (who LOVE caesar salad) wouldn't eat it and said it was gross.

Calamari ws soggy and some of the pieces had a strong old-fish smell.

Veal parm was soggy and tough.

Waiter took about 25 minutes to first offer us drinks.

I've been to Il Mulino in NYC and in Miami -- both were much much better than this. I would not go back.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: