Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
disfan07
DIS Veteran

1900 PF breakfast with allergies?

We haven't done a TS breakfast since I was diagnosed with an egg allergy 4 1/2 years ago.

We kind of want to do a TS breakfast on the day we will be touring resorts to see the decorations. I reserved 1900 PF for a late breakfast that day.

I'm concerned because it seems like most things will be off limits for me.

I cannot eat eggs, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, broccoli, wheat, oats. I also have oral allergy syndrome so many raw fruits and vegetables are not okay as well. Right now I am also having issues with dairy (yogurt, milk, cheese, etc....I'm okay if it's in baked products )

I know my parents will enjoy the buffet but I don't know if it's worth almost $30 for me.

I would love to hear about allergy experiences theose allergic to eggs, dairy, wheat and/or oats.

Thanks!
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
DaymanX
Mouseketeer

For dinner, Chef TJ at 1900 Park Fare is great with special dietary requests. I don't know if he ever works the breakfast shift though, but he just made us a vegan dinner tonight. You might want to call or visit the restaurant in advance and see if he is working when your reservation is.

I know that all restaurants have a Bob's Red Mill waffle mix that is dairy (and possibly gluten) free and they use applesauce instead of eggs or milk.

1900 Park Fare also has tofu in the kitchen, so I'd bet that you can ask for a tofu scramble, made similar to eggs or an omelette--just with tofu and veggies.

I was also told today that most of the country potatoes are just potatoes, canola oil, and Lowry's seasoning salt.

Good luck!
DaymanX is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
disfan07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaymanX View Post
For dinner, Chef TJ at 1900 Park Fare is great with special dietary requests. I don't know if he ever works the breakfast shift though, but he just made us a vegan dinner tonight. You might want to call or visit the restaurant in advance and see if he is working when your reservation is.

I know that all restaurants have a Bob's Red Mill waffle mix that is dairy (and possibly gluten) free and they use applesauce instead of eggs or milk.

1900 Park Fare also has tofu in the kitchen, so I'd bet that you can ask for a tofu scramble, made similar to eggs or an omelette--just with tofu and veggies.

I was also told today that most of the country potatoes are just potatoes, canola oil, and Lowry's seasoning salt.

Good luck!
Thanks. Unfortuately Bobs Red Mill mixes are off limits for me because they are made onthe same line as tree nuts (almond flour) and coconut flour so I cant eat them

Yeah we are going there for dinner one night just because Chef TJ is there so I'm excited about that. I just wasnt sure if breakfast would really be worth it....

I think we might just stick with QS and I can have my gluten free cream cheese and jelly sandiwich (awesome gluten free bread form home!) and a side of sausage and/or potatoes.
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
Old 10-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Chef TJ I'm pretty sure only works dinner, not breakfast.

I'm trying to think of what my kids had the last time we ate there for breakfast which would have been February 2010.

There were a few different meats that they ate a lot of. If I remember correctly they had some kind of salted pork which is a breakfast meat you don't get elsewhere (it may have been some other ham or pork based meat but it was definitely safe for both of my kids and it was something I didn't see anywhere else). They also got plenty of bacon and sausage.

My kids do alway eat a lot of fruits at breakfasts which is obviously a problem for you.

I honestly can't remember which brand of mix they used for the waffles or pancakes. Hopefully Special Diets can get you an answer on that.

For some reason I'm thinking that the strawberry soup was safe but I honestly can't remember. I was being really bad that trip and not following my diet so when I remember trying it that doesn't mean that my kids could.

We don't do many breakfasts because of how limited we are with breakfast foods and you're more limited than we are as my kids can have the waffles and some of the fruits (they could happily live on pineapple and grapes but can't have most of the other fruits offered at most restaurants). I don't know that I'd book this one in your position unless you'll be happy pigging out on breakfast meats and potatoes and consider it a bonus to get anything else. I would think that the chef could do up some kind of sautee using veggies, meats and potatoes as something a little different but not all chefs are interested in getting creative even when you try to tell them that you're open to trying just about anything as long as it's safe.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

We have eaten here and I'm allergic to all nuts, soy, wheat, eggs, coconut, skim milk, barley, malt, corn and the list goes on. WDW is amazing with allergies and they will find you something you can eat. note it on your reservation and upon arrival, a chef will come out and speak with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
We haven't done a TS breakfast since I was diagnosed with an egg allergy 4 1/2 years ago.

We kind of want to do a TS breakfast on the day we will be touring resorts to see the decorations. I reserved 1900 PF for a late breakfast that day.

I'm concerned because it seems like most things will be off limits for me.

I cannot eat eggs, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, broccoli, wheat, oats. I also have oral allergy syndrome so many raw fruits and vegetables are not okay as well. Right now I am also having issues with dairy (yogurt, milk, cheese, etc....I'm okay if it's in baked products )

I know my parents will enjoy the buffet but I don't know if it's worth almost $30 for me.

I would love to hear about allergy experiences theose allergic to eggs, dairy, wheat and/or oats.

Thanks!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
disfan07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
We have eaten here and I'm allergic to all nuts, soy, wheat, eggs, coconut, skim milk, barley, malt, corn and the list goes on. WDW is amazing with allergies and they will find you something you can eat. note it on your reservation and upon arrival, a chef will come out and speak with you
My concern is that it just wouldn't be worth the cost. We already have 5 or 6 other TS reservations for lunch and dinner and my allergy experiences during those meals has always been wonderful. But I think that considering the cost, we are probably going to skip breakfasts.

I'm used to limited breakfasts even at home so I'll manage.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
Ali
DIS Veteran

I love your attitude and your solution but I am curious about what you can eat. Do you mind sharing what you typically eat? I've just gone gluten free and dairy free and I'm getting ready for my first trip to Disney with these restrictions. I've been eating at home all the time to avoid anything "bad"
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
My concern is that it just wouldn't be worth the cost. We already have 5 or 6 other TS reservations for lunch and dinner and my allergy experiences during those meals has always been wonderful. But I think that considering the cost, we are probably going to skip breakfasts.

I'm used to limited breakfasts even at home so I'll manage.
I'm exactly the same way! Breakfast seems to be quite a difficult meal as nearly all the foods have something I'm allergic to. For me the corn, wheat, barley, malt and nuts are the worst allergies to have as they are almost every breakfast food imaginable. I've even checked out the "special diet" sections of supermarkets and special shops and they still have at least one of those things in every single thing.

Breakfast is a difficult thing, WDW does try and accommodate. If you're worried, I'd stick with lunch and dinner. Good luck!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
disfan07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I love your attitude and your solution but I am curious about what you can eat. Do you mind sharing what you typically eat? I've just gone gluten free and dairy free and I'm getting ready for my first trip to Disney with these restrictions. I've been eating at home all the time to avoid anything "bad"
I typically eat a lot of beef, chicken and fish. I eat roasted and sautéed veggies. Canned veggies. Cooked and canned fruit.

For baked goods, I have 4 options basically. I have a bakery near me that is gluten, egg, soy, dairy, nut free (and vegan) and they make an amazing white bread, pizza dough and hot dog buns so that helps immensely.

To bake at home, I usually use king Arthur mixes ( free of the top 8 allergens) and 1-2-3 gluten free mixes (free of the top 8 allergens)

I also bake from scratch sometime but I don't usually have enough time to do that anymore.

I also eat enjoy life crunchy cookies (the soft cookies and chewy bars have sunflower butter and I am sensitive to sunflower). I eat avocado oil chips.

There's also a brand called Jo-Sef cookies and they have gluten free, egg free, dairy free cookies that taste exactly like Oreos. They do have soy though so I'm avoiding them right now because I am having some soy sensitivity issues.

At home for breakfast, I usually have pancakes or muffins made with the king Arthur mixes or biscuit (made from the 1-2-3 gluten free mix) with cream cheese and jelly. I usually have some type of protein with it (ham, turkey, sausage, bacon, etc) and maybe a little fruit.

I also love erowhen cereals. They have gluten free corn flakes and gluten free rice cereal (regular, cocoa, berries, etc)

But I've learned very quickly that breakfast does not need to be breakfast foods. I frequently have left overs for breakfast.

Let me put it this way....It's not easy. I had to suddenly give up most of my favorite foods. This was not just one or two allergies that changed my diet. Overnight, I had to give up gluten, oats, sesame, sunflower seeds and coconut. I also had to give up some other favorites because I am cross contamination allergic to tree nuts now so no "made on the same line or same facility" foods. In addition, a few weeks later, I had to give up most raw fruits and vegetables because of how severe my OAS is. And over the past month or so, we have been limiting soy and eliminating straight dairy....both skin and blood tests came back negative but I would have mild symptoms while eating it so we are being careful. A lot of this is made even worse by the fact that I am in college and we have a Quiznos , Wendy's and subway on campus that I walk by everyday. Some days I really hate eating because I do end up ending the same things over and over again but it is what it is. I can't change it.

It's an adjustment and it's not easy but For me, eating these things could kill me and I kind of like living

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: