Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #121
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzandmeplus3 View Post
When I planned my first Disney Cruise I had no idea where to start. I purchased the book PassPorters for Disney Cruise Line and it's Ports of Call. It was so helpful and informative for the Type A kind of girl I am. It's new edition is the 10th edition available on Amazon.com for pre-order (November 13 is the publish date) or you can also visit their website http://www.passporter.com/disney-cruises/home.html

I can't imagine any Disney-related trip without a Passporter... it makes me feel like the most organized person on earth! Lol. Love that thing!! I have had the deluxe binder version for probably 10 years, and it's so convenient to just remove whatever pages don't apply and keep the pertinent stuff in. Love the Passporter!!!

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm not sure why Amazon still has it only for pre-order, but if you get it straight from the Passporter site it's in stock and available. Plus, if you're registered on the message boards there, you get 30%off! I always order direct from them.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)

Last edited by Gina; 10-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #122
samily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Thank you for posting this...where did you find Pirate night listed? I can't find it anywhere on the website. Is it because I'm not paid in full yet?
It is listed under "My Cruise Activities" - I think this opens up after you are paid in full and when your booking window opens. It is listed as a "Ship Activity" on Day 6.
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #123
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samily View Post
It is listed under "My Cruise Activities" - I think this opens up after you are paid in full and when your booking window opens. It is listed as a "Ship Activity" on Day 6.
OK, thank you. I'm not paid in full yet, so I can't see it yet. I will be next week though.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #124
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I am looking forward to the new Test Track too. Can’t wait to see what busses are left on the 17th of November.

Dismom73 – Glad to see that your husband will not have you jumping ship.

FEE- I sent PM’s to those that I have down for participating in the FEE. The PM had a link to the Google doc sheet I set up with the information I had collected. Thank you Gina for suggesting that. Everyone should be able to update their information there if I made any mistakes or if any changes happen. Plus, you will now have the list of those that are participating. We are at 10 cabins (8 families) right now. If anyone else would like to join in the fun, send me a PM and I will add you to the list and get you the link.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #125
the great cornholeo
Hooked!

okay so we caved last night and told our son.. He is so excited. His first question was "are my cousins Ashley, Bailey, and Riley coming". We have so much fun cruising with dismom and her family. No we can start making magnets for the doors, and working on our fish extender gifts. So much to do so little time.

DM DH: : DS 10

Disney Magic 10/3/09
Disney Dream B2B 10/2/11 & 10/6/11
Disney Magic 2/15/13
the great cornholeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #126
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Ah! That is so sweet Laura. My kids are also close to their cousins, but I am yet to get them on a cruise with us.

I think I have my Fish Extender gifts all planned out now and hope to get busy on them this weekend.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #127
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

The girls are so excited too (especially Bailey). I started looking at magnets yesterday. Bailey found her cheerleader Minnie Mouse one from the last cruise and it got her even more excited.

My oldest DD just left this morning for her very first solo Disney trip. She is flying down to Long Beach to stay with a friend for the weekend in the dorms and they will be going to DL from opening to closing tomorrow and then she is flying home Sunday morning. I guess I passed on my love/obsession for Disney.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #128
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
Ah! That is so sweet Laura. My kids are also close to their cousins, but I am yet to get them on a cruise with us.

I think I have my Fish Extender gifts all planned out now and hope to get busy on them this weekend.
I think my brother and Laura thought we were crazy (you know you did Laura ) doing all these Disney cruises, then we got them on one and haven't been able to shake them since...totally kidding, but they are well on their way to becoming Gold(only one more after this one). I'm not sure who has more fun, the cousins or the adults.

Thank you so much for all your work on the spreadsheet for the FE! It is much appreciated.

Last edited by dismom73; 10-26-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: add
dismom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #129
the great cornholeo
Hooked!

Quote:
The girls are so excited too (especially Bailey). I started looking at magnets yesterday. Bailey found her cheerleader Minnie Mouse one from the last cruise and it got her even more excited.

My oldest DD just left this morning for her very first solo Disney trip. She is flying down to Long Beach to stay with a friend for the weekend in the dorms and they will be going to DL from opening to closing tomorrow and then she is flying home Sunday morning. I guess I passed on my love/obsession for Disney.
Is this her first time flying by herself? How is mom doing with this?

DM DH: : DS 10

Disney Magic 10/3/09
Disney Dream B2B 10/2/11 & 10/6/11
Disney Magic 2/15/13
the great cornholeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #130
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great cornholeo View Post
Is this her first time flying by herself? How is mom doing with this?
Yes it is/was. She made it down yesterday. They are spending all day today in DL and she will try for the 10am flight tomorrow morning. I'm ok, since she made it. She knows her way around DL better than she does Vacaville. I'm not sure how I will be tomorrow, since she is flying stand by and I will not be near a computer if she gets stuck. So, say a prayer she gets on the flight.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #131
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo71 View Post
Asking again.....
Once more........

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #132
Belle1967
Earning My Ears

11 year old!

We just booked this as our first Disney cruise last weekend! My DD is 11. She is outgoing and is looking forward to the kids clubs. DS is 6.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #133
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1967 View Post
We just booked this as our first Disney cruise last weekend! My DD is 11. She is outgoing and is looking forward to the kids clubs. DS is 6.
Oh, good! This is great news!

Old 10-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #134
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1967 View Post
We also have a 5 YO DS, & a 6 YO DD.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #135
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Welcome ...We will be flying out of SFO as well. We will either be flying late Wednesday or early Thursday, not sure yet. Where in the Bay Area are you? We are in Vacaville, it would be closer to for us to fly out of Sacramento, but I work for United and get free parking at SFO, plus all of our direct flights to IAH are out of SFO.
Hi Dismom73,

We are from San Jose. We try to avoid SFO, but wanted a direct flight. We'll be flying United out of SFO. I also signed-up for the United Visa to get two free checked bags and priority boarding. We're on the 12:55pm flight on Thursday. That is really nice that you get free parking!
duck_widow is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: