Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #781
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

Going January 9-16 for my husband's and I 36th Anniversary. First time going by ourselves. Can't wait.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #782
spacepoints
Earning My Ears

Heading down for marathon weekend. Jan 10-17. Me DW DS6 DS18 mo

spacepoints is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #783
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Just crossed the 3-months-to-go mark yesterday!!

In celebration, I've started a Pre-Trip Report for our trip in late January.

Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #784
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

2 random questions:

What sorts of gas stations are in the area? I'd like to ask for gas cards for Christmas, but they won't do much good if there's no gas station that accepts them near WDW

Also - my mom is thinking of getting the girls Pirates League makeovers for Christmas presents. Timing wise I'm thinking of booking it for right after our CRT breakfast on DD's birthday. Our CRT ressie is 8:10. If I book PL for 9:30 is that too early? Should I go 9:45? 10? I don't want to lose too much of the day on the makeover but I don't want to rush our CRT experience either.

Thanks oh helpful ones

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #785
Lisally3
Earning My Ears

So, our 5 night trip for our family of 4 in January has turned into a 5 night trip for our family of 10!! We told our parents and they are now coming along with my DH's brother and our nephew! We booked the inlaws a Lion King Suite at AoA where we're staying in the LM room. My parents are staying at Caribbean Beach. I was able to change most of our dining reservations from 4 to 10 people for the same times except a few...Here's an updated list:

Saturday, dinner - Whispering Canyon Cafe
Sunday, bkfst - Rainforest Cafe, AK
Sunday, dinner - Hoop Dee Doo
Monday, lunch - Mama Melrose Fantasmic package
Monday, dinner - Sci-Fi Diner
Tuesday, bksft - Chef Mickey's
Tuesday, dinner - O'Hana's

We were here in Feb, just the four of us, and we did every princess thing available I think along with Crystal Palace and 50's Prime Time. The only place we're doing again is Rainforest Cafe. My DD got strep throat last time we were here and she and DH missed Chef Mickey's and Hoop Dee Doo, so we thought we have to do those. Everythng else will be new experiences and we're so excited!!

Feb 2012-Pop Century, 1st trip!

Lisally3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #786
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Also - my mom is thinking of getting the girls Pirates League makeovers for Christmas presents. Timing wise I'm thinking of booking it for right after our CRT breakfast on DD's birthday. Our CRT ressie is 8:10. If I book PL for 9:30 is that too early? Should I go 9:45? 10? I don't want to lose too much of the day on the makeover but I don't want to rush our CRT experience either.

Thanks oh helpful ones
You should be fine with a 9:30am ressie but if you want to be safe 9:45am would be more than enough. CRT usually takes about an hour or less. We had a 8:10am ADR on our last trip and we were done by 8:45am - we were seated actually at 8:05am. We were one of the very first families to check in and get seated so we were able to get through the princesses very fast.

Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 10-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #787
OhStuffandFluff
Mouseketeer

Question

I was wondering what others would suggest . . . We will be visiting MK on Thursday Jan 31st. There are EMH that am. We plan to eat at 1900s Park Fare for breakfast with the characters and also for my DS and DD to have pirate makeovers at Pirates League. Would it be better to have breakfast first or do the makeover first? We currently have ADRs for 1900s PF at 10:15 and then PL at 11:50. I am wondering if we will miss out on some things if we do the makeovers at that time. What do you all think? Thanks!!

DH Myself DS DD
OhStuffandFluff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #788
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhStuffandFluff View Post
I was wondering what others would suggest . . . We will be visiting MK on Thursday Jan 31st. There are EMH that am. We plan to eat at 1900s Park Fare for breakfast with the characters and also for my DS and DD to have pirate makeovers at Pirates League. Would it be better to have breakfast first or do the makeover first? We currently have ADRs for 1900s PF at 10:15 and then PL at 11:50. I am wondering if we will miss out on some things if we do the makeovers at that time. What do you all think? Thanks!!
I don't know if you were planning on being at MK for EMH AM and touring the park before breakfast. If you were, then I think the best approach is to tour MK as much as you can between 8-10am or even 8-11am which will have the relatively lowest crowd level for the entire day and will only steadily increase afterwards especially on a EMH day. So it might work out better if you plan both your 1900 PF breakfast and PL after those prime touring hours.

Maybe you could consider getting an ADR for 1900 PF between 11:00-11:30am and a ressie for PL in the afternoon? Don't forget to build in travel time to the Grand Floridian from MK for your 1900 PF ADR. Hope that helps!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #789
OhStuffandFluff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
I don't know if you were planning on being at MK for EMH AM and touring the park before breakfast. If you were, then I think the best approach is to tour MK as much as you can between 8-10am or even 8-11am which will have the relatively lowest crowd level for the entire day and will only steadily increase afterwards especially on a EMH day. So it might work out better if you plan both your 1900 PF breakfast and PL after those prime touring hours.

Maybe you could consider getting an ADR for 1900 PF between 11:00-11:30am and a ressie for PL in the afternoon? Don't forget to build in travel time to the Grand Floridian from MK for your 1900 PF ADR. Hope that helps!
Thanks!! This makes sense and does help!! Much appreciated!

DH Myself DS DD
OhStuffandFluff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #790
LaLinda
Earning My Ears

DH, DD, DGD (18) & I will be there Jan 3-10 staying in our RV at Fort
Wilderness. We have been to WDW several times over 40 years & have only NOT stayed at FW twice.

DD is making our ADRs for the dining plan. Love that dining plan, so much fun to decide where to eat!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Linda
LaLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #791
Keegansmommy
Mouseketeer

We're going Jan 1 - Jan 8 at POFQ! We're surprising our boys (ages 3 and 5) on Christmas morning!

So much fun we're going AGAIN!

1985 - offsite 2004 - All Star Music (honeymoon)
1991 - offsite 2006 - All Star Sports
1998 - offsite 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Pop Century
2010 - Pop Century
2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 - Leaving New Year's Day! Surprise Christmas present for our boys. - Port Orleans French Quarter
Keegansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #792
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
You should be fine with a 9:30am ressie but if you want to be safe 9:45am would be more than enough. CRT usually takes about an hour or less. We had a 8:10am ADR on our last trip and we were done by 8:45am - we were seated actually at 8:05am. We were one of the very first families to check in and get seated so we were able to get through the princesses very fast.
Thank you! That's what I was hoping

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #793
Babka
Czeching out the DIS boards!

Please add my name to your page 1 list...

January 23-30 staying at CSR

Babka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #794
RedPanda
Mouseketeer

We'll be going Jan. 27-Feb. 1. We're going with extended family and staying at SOG. We just finalized dates about a week ago, and my FIL just booked the rooms -- so I'm just starting my planning.

I have a grand total of one meal booked: breakfast at Akershus for all 16 of us! That number's why I haven't booked more meals -- I keep thinking, "Well, we could do CP for the Winnie the Pooh characters...but MIL and FIL wouldn't want to miss that...and BIL & SIL + their kids are going for the first time, I don't want to leave them out... and they might be bringing her mother... and we don't want to leave out..." I think we're going to be doing mostly CS meals, I'm thinking! My only concern is that my DD3 has a peanut allergy, discovered since our last trip, so I'm trying to read up everything I can as far as what she can/can't have to eat in the parks. Whew! All that said, I'm so excited and grateful to be going with the family group -- it's going to be great.

RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #795
Chocolab23
Disney Dreaming

We're going January 26- February 2 for my birthday! And we're staying at POR
2013-Going to celebrate my birthday the best way!-PORLet your Hart be your guide/January 2013 PTR
2013-Alex's Unbirthday trip-POR"A Very Merry Unbirthday!" DEC 2013 PTR
Chocolab23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: