Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #151
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Really want to thank you for posting so much detail on the Ron Jon resort. I had a heck of a time researching this place last year and didn't want to chance it. I am very interested in the ocean front units and they're proximity to Jetty Park.

Are all the units the same decor?
Jetty Park's beach is adjacent to Ron Jon Resort's beach. It would take about 8-10 minutes to walk from the oceanside building and into the park area. I believe the decor is the same in all the rooms.

Ron
Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #152
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

You can get in, but you canít get out! (Where have I heard that beforeÖ)

Friday morning dawned warm and grey, and as usual I was up early. I folded some laundry, brewed a pot of coffee, tried to check my email (internet was really slow this morning and I already had a couple hundred email s to go through), and enjoyed a little breakfast.

Exciting, huh? We had planned to get up early and go out to breakfast but everybody was so wiped out from the busy day before Ron and I let them sleep in. At around 8 AM our other phone call from DCL came in but nobody else was awake so I took the call myself!

The view from our balcony. Not the greatest but we would come to love our room location for the view from the front door. More on that still to come!

By the time mid-morning rolled around, the older kids were up and Ron took them out to explore the property. It was very overcast out at this time but it would end up being a bright, sunny HOT day. Perfect to hang out at the awesome pool!

Here is a photo (obviously not mine) showing the whole pool complex. This awesome pool/waterpark is definitely the showcase of this resort!

The Pool chair hogs are already out. We found that Ron Jon has a TON of poolside seating and chair hogging did not impact finding good poolside chairs and lounges later in the day.

Lots of seats

One part of the Lazy River

The Childrenís Water Play area

The very large slide. It is hard to put it in perspective in a photo but this slide is big. You donít really realize how tall it is until you have to climb up there.

Ron and the kids took the 7 or 8 minute walk to the Ron Jon beach access. Iíll get into this in a little more detail later on because we went back out to the beach later in the afternoon. It isnít a bad little walk.

Mine! Mine! Mine!

Jetty Park is literally right here. You can walk right up Ė and into- the park. No entrance fee if you come in this way!

Here is the pier at Jetty Park.

Looking back at the port. You can see Monarch of the Seas in the center of the pic. So far it is the only ship in port this day- although there will be a surprise visit later on!

There was never anybody staffing this little booth. The only rentals we saw were beach chair/umbrellas, but that guy was out on the beach itself.

Looking at the back of the main Ron Jon complex: pool area and Main Buildings from the path (road) to the beach and Ocean Building

The sun is out and there are still lots of seats available!

To be continued... (with more pool pics!)

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #153
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

WOW! What an amazing pool area, looks like a great resort! And I think you had a great view--being from the north I would love to have palm trees outside my window!

Cheryl726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #154
lucas
įoį

Ron Jon looks fantastic and what a great location!

More! Hurry!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #155
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

I'll take one chair and one surfboard please!!!

Ron
Old 10-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #156
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say I have so enjoyed your TR. I love that you are writing and reliving it through your pictures and your DH keeps posting on it. It is great to see great families and great parents and great relationships in full force.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #157
amandaw
DIS Veteran

What a cool pool/waterpark area! And how nice that it was a quick walk to the beach!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #158
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Love it and chiming in for more.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #159
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Friday morning dawned warm and grey, and as usual I was up early. I folded some laundry, brewed a pot of coffee, tried to check my email (internet was really slow this morning and I already had a couple hundred email s to go through), and enjoyed a little breakfast.

That's the breakfast of champions right there!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #160
Mickcruiser
Earning My Ears

enjoying your review.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #161
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

I grew up spending most Sunday afternoons at Jetty Park when we lived in Orlando. Haven't been there in a few years, so it was nice to see pics!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #163
nenner1

You can get in, but you canít get out! (Part 2: The POOL)

Now it was late morning (going on 11:00) so I finally woke Sarah up and we got ready to head downstairs to enjoy the day at the pool.

When we arrived downstairs and entered the pool area behind a huge family group. The pool area is fenced with an iron fence that is common and I didnít think much of it at the time. There were still some premium seats open- shaded and umbrella tables and lounges under cover. We chose a table near the volleyball section of the pool and two loungers next to it.

The volleyball games went all day. It probably wasnít the most relaxing spot to have chosen but it was certainly interesting. We did have to retrieve few balls. OK- a lot of balls!

Shaded seating under the surfboard lattice work, and seats in the sun too.

Surfboard showers- too cute!

A few more views of the picturesque main pool:

The very large free-flow shaped hot tub! Stayed empty all day because it would turn out to be a scorcher!

The Main Kids Play Area:

A smaller kidís play area near the Lazy River:

The Lazy River:

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 10-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #164
nenner1

You can get in, but you canít get out! (Part 3: More of the POOL)

The Slide:

So you can see, this is a pretty awesome pool/waterpark facility!

Up Next: Part 4: The Playground and the Fortress

Old 10-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #165
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

I am loving your pictures. They have me wondering if I shouldn't be staying at Ron Jon!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: