Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
Jewel3k
Mouseketeer

We were there at the end of September and found most buses picked us up from the south depot in less than 10 minutes almost every single time. We had no problem making the 9 am rope drops by getting to the bus stop around 8 or our 8 am CRT ressie. We were there from a fri to a fri, and went back to the hotel for a break every day and then back to the park. We rode the buses a lot. The long waits we mostly after fireworks going back to the resort. Even then buses were constantly picking up people. I felt like we ran to catch a bunch of buses as they showed up as we were storlling up to the bus stops.
Jewel3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
lady_hlh
DIS Veteran

We stayed POR in August and I thought the bus service wasn't as good as CSR, which is the only other mod that we've stayed at so far. We stayed in the royal rooms and most of the time we took the POFQ bus back from the park and walked back over the bridge because there was never a wait or line for their buses and the line was huge for POR. I think we would have been better off walking over to to get that bus in the AM too because those buses were also pretty bad. Next year we are staying at CR and I can't wait to walk in and out of MK. I love walking in and out of the parks, I think my dream trip would be a split stay between YC and CR.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #18
finngirl
Earning My Ears

We just returned from POR last week. If you are going for rope drop, if you are at the South station by one hour before opening, you will have no trouble with the buses. If you go to the substations when it is busy, you may wait a very long time for a bus, since if it fills up at South, it just goes directly to the park, and doesn't always make the other stops (that happened twice while we were there). Also, for the first buses of the day, POR usually gets its own buses - they were always empty when they arrived, not full of POFQ people.

For the Magic Kingdom, POR always gets it own buses, and they do the route in reverse. It starts at West, and ends at South, so go to the closest substation instead of South for that park.

We never waited longer than 10 minutes, except once in the evening for a MK bus. It seemed there were a ton of AK buses, and no MK ones. That wait was only about 25 minutes, just 5 minutes over the maximum time Disney strives for. We probably just missed a bus and didn't know it. People complain about having 4 stops at POR, but honestly, it doesn't take that long, and you are on your way before you know it.
finngirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: