Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #2101
Toraliina
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 36

thanks! looks like I may just pick up stuff from the shop rather than use Garden Grocer.. although I must say looking at the garden grocer site it is rather tempting :P
Toraliina is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #2102
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

Officially booked!!! May 24-27 BLT!!!
Love being on monorail (I'd sleep in the lobby)

Wdwkook : Your report on BLT made my decision!!
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #2103
marylandgirl
Mouseketeer
 
marylandgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 80

Are there any suites or a club or a concierge rooms in the garden wing?
marylandgirl is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #2104
annej


Mouseketeer
 
annej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 739

We have a 2 bedroom villa at BLT booked for the week after Thanksgiving. I am wondering about the pullout sofa and sleeper chair in the living area. My DS17 and my DD's boyfriend 21 will be with us. They are both about 5'9. My DS is a little chunky and the boyfriend is a little slender. How are those things to sleep on and are they the size for a full grown guy? Just trying to work through sleeping arrangements. My mom is also joining us. there will be 6 of us all total.
ME, DH, my mom, DD20, DS17 and boyfriend21.
Thanks guys!
__________________
1972 - Day trip with mom and dad! 1983 - EPCOT was new! 1988 - 2 day trip 1989 - Day trip on Honeymoon! October 2000 - Off Site January 2003 - WL Nov/Dec 2005 - POR/Poly January 2007 - POLY March 2008 - CR Tower - MK View! September 2008 - offsite/GF!! Feb 2009 - WL !April 2009 - GF - MK View! Nov 2009 - Adult only trip - Poly MK View Jan 2010 - Poly CL - MK View: March 2011 - CR TPV! Jan 2012 - Poly CL! Nov 2012 - POR/BLT Lakeview March 2013 - BWI with DH! October 2013 - BWI with DD and DMom! January 2014 - WL with the Hubby! October 2014 - CR Tower TPV!
Me DH DD22 DS18DSinLaw:29

annej is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #2105
NJRRK
DIS Veteran
 
NJRRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 2,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandgirl
Are there any suites or a club or a concierge rooms in the garden wing?
No Concierge service rooms in the wing but there are Deluxe Rooms (3 of them) and 1 bedroom suites (at least 6 of those).
__________________
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"- Mame Dennis

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #2106
marylandgirl
Mouseketeer
 
marylandgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
No Concierge service rooms in the wing but there are Deluxe Rooms (3 of them) and 1 bedroom suites (at least 6 of those).
Do the 1 bedroom suite have 2 queen beds in bedroom?
marylandgirl is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #2107
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toraliina View Post
thanks! looks like I may just pick up stuff from the shop rather than use Garden Grocer.. although I must say looking at the garden grocer site it is rather tempting :P
You're welcome.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Officially booked!!! May 24-27 BLT!!!
Love being on monorail (I'd sleep in the lobby)

Wdwkook : Your report on BLT made my decision!!

Did you book the one bedroom and what view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandgirl View Post
Do the 1 bedroom suite have 2 queen beds in bedroom?
The GW one bedroom suites have one king bed and two full-sized sleeper sofas in the parlor area. Some also have a daybed.

The Hospitality suites have a king OR two queens and one full-sized sleeper and a daybed.

For the cost of these suites, you'd actually be much better off in a villa at BLT. They are much larger, have more bathrooms/bedrooms, kitchen, washer/dryer and balconies. I have a recent BLT review hyperlinked in my signature.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #2108
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,372

Do the boats to Fort Wilderness from the CR leave you close to the Hoop De Doo Revue? We're actually looking to get to HDDR from the BW, but we don't want to do multiple buses. We're thinking cab to CR (or WL?) then the boat to FW might be better than cab to FW then the internal bus? Any thoughts? I searched on the transportation board, but it wasn't extremely helpful. Same with getting back? (Going to the late show.)

(I have a feeling who might answer this one... )

Thanks!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #2109
NJRRK
DIS Veteran
 
NJRRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 2,424

You could do bus to MK then boat to FW.
__________________
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"- Mame Dennis

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #2110
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Do the boats to Fort Wilderness from the CR leave you close to the Hoop De Doo Revue? We're actually looking to get to HDDR from the BW, but we don't want to do multiple buses. We're thinking cab to CR (or WL?) then the boat to FW might be better than cab to FW then the internal bus? Any thoughts? I searched on the transportation board, but it wasn't extremely helpful. Same with getting back? (Going to the late show.)

(I have a feeling who might answer this one... )

Thanks!
There is a boat to FW direct from MK and there is a boat loop from CR to WL to FW. They both let you off at the same dock. HDDR is a short walk up the boat ramp and to the main building on the right. It is a little longer than the walk from BW to Epcot.

You can bus to MK, short walk to front of MK, and then boat to FW. You could bus to MK, long walk to back of CR, and then the boat loop.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #2111
cadale
Mouseketeer
 
cadale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by annej View Post
We have a 2 bedroom villa at BLT booked for the week after Thanksgiving. I am wondering about the pullout sofa and sleeper chair in the living area. My DS17 and my DD's boyfriend 21 will be with us. They are both about 5'9. My DS is a little chunky and the boyfriend is a little slender. How are those things to sleep on and are they the size for a full grown guy? Just trying to work through sleeping arrangements. My mom is also joining us. there will be 6 of us all total.
ME, DH, my mom, DD20, DS17 and boyfriend21.
Thanks guys!
My son who is 5'8" and about 275 pounds slept on both during our stay. He was very comfortable on either the sofa or the chair and in fact preferred the chair. I have slept on both also and they are very comfortable. They should not have a problem sleeping on them.
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD) (DS) (DDIL)

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #2112
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
 
CaliforniaDreaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,729

WDWKOOK, your review has also driven me to want to try BLT!

We're looking to travel in June, I'll book a 2-bedroom lake view. I'm thinking for us (the whole family, 5 adults and 2 infants) the dedicated unit is going to work out better if its available. It looks like I want an outer room for the wider living room so I will request an even number.

Anyone think there will be any impact from the CA Grill/14th floor tower renovations? Being over at BLT I doubt this will pose a problem, unless they have cranes or anything up. I'm probably just over analyzing as I tend to do.

I'm a bit disappointed that the CA Grill will be closed, though. We eat there all the time and had a fantastic dinner there a couple weeks ago! We even had our favorite server, Jenny. She reassured us that the same concept and staff will be returning when the place reopens.

I'm not real thrilled about the Wave menu. I'd personally like to try it, but I know atleast a couple members of the party will have trouble finding something on the menu (I wish wish wish the Concourse Steakhouse was still there! That might tell you how long it has been since we last stayed at the Contemporary!). That leaves Chef Mickey's. I know the kids will love the characters, so we would probably give it a go. The last time we ate there was either '96 or '98, so for what its worth I do have a positive memory of it. But I keep reading reviews of how awful the food is! Please tell me its not that bad? We'd probably do dinner, unless breakfast is a much better choice? We really don't ever eat breakfast, so it'd be a 10:30am kind of thing.

Along the same lines, the Food & Fun Center was the counter service the last time I stayed at the Contemporary, which we really liked. The perception that I've gotten of the Contempo Cafe is positive, so I believe we'll be satisfied with that. With the kids, I'm guessing we'll be using CC for a quick lunch or dinner more than usual.

I have a lot of question marks there, so thanks for any thoughts!
__________________
Cali-D
CaliforniaDreaming is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #2113
wdwfun!
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 101

Looking forward to our stay at the CR in a few weeks and I have a question. I have read through some threads about the thermostats shutting off the air at night. Does this happen in the CR rooms? Having 4 in the room I would think it would get warm at night pretty quickly. If it does shut off, is there a way to override it? I read about using a balloon but that doesn't seem to always work.
wdwfun! is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #2114
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
There is a boat to FW direct from MK and there is a boat loop from CR to WL to FW. They both let you off at the same dock. HDDR is a short walk up the boat ramp and to the main building on the right. It is a little longer than the walk from BW to Epcot.

You can bus to MK, short walk to front of MK, and then boat to FW. You could bus to MK, long walk to back of CR, and then the boat loop.
Thanks for the tips!!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #2115
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Do the boats to Fort Wilderness from the CR leave you close to the Hoop De Doo Revue? We're actually looking to get to HDDR from the BW, but we don't want to do multiple buses. We're thinking cab to CR (or WL?) then the boat to FW might be better than cab to FW then the internal bus? Any thoughts? I searched on the transportation board, but it wasn't extremely helpful. Same with getting back? (Going to the late show.)

(I have a feeling who might answer this one... )

Thanks!
I'm late, but AirGoofy was right on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
There is a boat to FW direct from MK and there is a boat loop from CR to WL to FW. They both let you off at the same dock. HDDR is a short walk up the boat ramp and to the main building on the right. It is a little longer than the walk from BW to Epcot.

You can bus to MK, short walk to front of MK, and then boat to FW. You could bus to MK, long walk to back of CR, and then the boat loop.
Thanks for answering, AG. I feel like the walk from the FW marina to HDDR is shorter than BWI to Epcot. It's more like BC to the IG.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cadale View Post
My son who is 5'8" and about 275 pounds slept on both during our stay. He was very comfortable on either the sofa or the chair and in fact preferred the chair. I have slept on both also and they are very comfortable. They should not have a problem sleeping on them.
Thanks for answering, cadale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
WDWKOOK, your review has also driven me to want to try BLT!

We're looking to travel in June, I'll book a 2-bedroom lake view. I'm thinking for us (the whole family, 5 adults and 2 infants) the dedicated unit is going to work out better if its available. It looks like I want an outer room for the wider living room so I will request an even number.

Anyone think there will be any impact from the CA Grill/14th floor tower renovations? Being over at BLT I doubt this will pose a problem, unless they have cranes or anything up. I'm probably just over analyzing as I tend to do.

I'm a bit disappointed that the CA Grill will be closed, though. We eat there all the time and had a fantastic dinner there a couple weeks ago! We even had our favorite server, Jenny. She reassured us that the same concept and staff will be returning when the place reopens.

I'm not real thrilled about the Wave menu. I'd personally like to try it, but I know atleast a couple members of the party will have trouble finding something on the menu (I wish wish wish the Concourse Steakhouse was still there! That might tell you how long it has been since we last stayed at the Contemporary!). That leaves Chef Mickey's. I know the kids will love the characters, so we would probably give it a go. The last time we ate there was either '96 or '98, so for what its worth I do have a positive memory of it. But I keep reading reviews of how awful the food is! Please tell me its not that bad? We'd probably do dinner, unless breakfast is a much better choice? We really don't ever eat breakfast, so it'd be a 10:30am kind of thing.

Along the same lines, the Food & Fun Center was the counter service the last time I stayed at the Contemporary, which we really liked. The perception that I've gotten of the Contempo Cafe is positive, so I believe we'll be satisfied with that. With the kids, I'm guessing we'll be using CC for a quick lunch or dinner more than usual.

I have a lot of question marks there, so thanks for any thoughts!
Congratulations, California Dreaming (nice seeing you over here).

We really love the Contempo Cafe - MUCH better than F&F was. Great view of the monorail and plenty of seating and ordering kiosks.

The repair of the roof and CAG, may in fact involve cranes, but I couldn't tell you how much work will be from the exterior Vs. interior.

We're not fans of The Wave for lunch or dinner, but we absolutely love their breakfast buffet. You go to CM for the characters and the great photos you'll get, but go to The Wave for a really nice breakfast buffet.

Don't forget that you're a short walk to the MK, a short monorail ride to the Poly and GF and a short boat ride to WL and FW. You have plenty of great dining options at all of those resorts and it's so much fun resort hopping.

If you need any dining suggestions or have any questions, fire away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfun! View Post
Looking forward to our stay at the CR in a few weeks and I have a question. I have read through some threads about the thermostats shutting off the air at night. Does this happen in the CR rooms? Having 4 in the room I would think it would get warm at night pretty quickly. If it does shut off, is there a way to override it? I read about using a balloon but that doesn't seem to always work.
I believe that the Poly is infamous for that because it's on a sensor, but I've never experienced this at the CR. I have always turned the fan to ON at the CR so that it runs all the time at night as white noise. the cooling is not on a sensor at the CR so it won't shut off when it thinks no one is in the rooms. If you open the sliding glass door and don't close it, then it will shut off, I believe.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: