Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #331
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

I'm drooling over the buffet photos! It is so nice to be an early riser on cruises, it is like you have the whole ship to yourself!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #332
Sparrow78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982
I'm drooling over the buffet photos! It is so nice to be an early riser on cruises, it is like you have the whole ship to yourself!
DH just saw the buffet pictures and he actually got excited for the cruise! He never does until like a week before vacation! Guess I better work hard on the weight loss since I will gain with breakfast like that everyday!

Sailing on the Magic again! Nov 29, 2015!

------
8 night Magic Cruise - Jan 18, 2013

Paradise Pier Hotel May 20-26, 2012
WDW August 7-14 2010
2nd DL trip! May 18-25, 2004
1st DL visit... 1 day rushed trip May 2001
Sparrow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #333
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

(see my next post - oops!)

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051

Last edited by HermanTriplets+1; 10-25-2012 at 08:19 AM.
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #334
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
My favorite part of the buffet!!!!! That meusli, with some fresh berries, apricots and prunes - yum! Sometimes they also had almonds, and sometimes blueberries. Even flax seeds! Oh, what I would do for a bowl right now!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #335
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Following along as a "never done a cruise" - it strikes me how strong the Disney Presence is on the ship...

It's a bit like staying at a Deluxe Resort or (Several ) and not going to the parks but taking advantage of all the great things/amenities the resort has to offer... and obviously on a Ship there are many more...

combined with the glamour of being on a ship with the luxury dining...

It seems really lovely and you're forced to relax at least a bit because you can't get off the ship- well at least not till Ports of Call...

If you are flexible with your ports of call, after the $$$ what do you think the next most important criteria in selecting a Dis cruise is?
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #336
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Wow, that would really get some tails wagging. I suppose if Belle/Beast AND the Dwarfs are gone, I might indeed have to take them up on their offer of a refund of one of our 2 party nights. I'll have to keep my ear to the ground on that one.

Oh..... and I just had dinner. Feel free to post more food photos.
I know. I can see a lot of people getting upset about this.
I am about to post lunch pictures...be warned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I love to get up early. It's really quiet. It seems so weird that not many get up and roam like I do.
I enjoyed the buffet much more often than I should have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow78 View Post
DH just saw the buffet pictures and he actually got excited for the cruise! He never does until like a week before vacation! Guess I better work hard on the weight loss since I will gain with breakfast like that everyday!
GREAT! I am going to post lunch next, but I didn't take as many this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
My favorite part of the buffet!!!!! That meusli, with some fresh berries, apricots and prunes - yum! Sometimes they also had almonds, and sometimes blueberries. Even flax seeds! Oh, what I would do for a bowl right now!
I know so many people love that. I don't. Too healthy. I guess that is why I am overweight. Donuts win for me.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #337
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We headed out for our walk around Deck 4. On the way we stopped and took a peek inside the Buena Vista Theatre. We had a goal of seeing at least 1 movie at some point in time.

And a look out the porthole.

And then we started our walk to burn off a few calories.

The crew was constantly stripping things and varnishing them.

I think we walked at least 3 times around; we mightve done 4 for good measure.

It was already quite hot too that day.

I showed Lisa the awesome anchor room we had found the night before.

These cracked me up.

Guys were working and at one point we had to turn around and come back after about 5 minutes.

We headed back in then, passing the future cruise booking desk.

And got a drink too cool off with.

Lisa wanted to lay out by the pool, so I came along and brought my notebook. This was the only time I really worked on my notes very long. I most wrote about our traveling day and after that I have hardly any other notes from the whole trip.

It was hot, but sitting there wasnt too bad. Lisa read, I wrote, and at one point in time I decided to get a drink when the server told me there was a special. I said Ok, and Lisa asked me what I got. I had no clue. LOL. I couldnt understand the server, but I heard mimosa and bloody Mary, so I knew it was probably one of those 2 options. I ended up with a bloody Mary. It was good, but VERY spicy. I like them a little mellower. Once the ice melted, it was better tasting for me.

I think we stayed out there for 1 1/2 to 2 hours before lunch started calling our names.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #338
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We decided to get lunch and I think we ran into Brook right as we were about to walk inside to go to Topsiders. If I remember right, we had to wait a few minutes for the restaurant to officially open. Luis, our assistant server was working the door area and we chatted with him a few minutes and then I decided to take a potty break before we ate. When I came out, Topsiders was now open. I looked up and didnt see Brook and Lisa, so I went directly towards the buffet. Luis asked me if I was just going to leave my friends. LOL! I said no, they mustve went in, and he points to them standing right where I left them. I guess hunger had made me blind.
Luis is hilarious. He has a very serious, dry humor, and you have to watch his eyes, because he can make a lot of expressions with them. We just loved him so much.

We got in line, and I am not sure why, but I recorded video of part of the buffet, and not very good video at that.

I think today was a pasta or Italian type buffet. We found plenty to keep us happy.

Our view while eating.

Such a nice, relaxing lunch. We found we really loved sitting out on the back deck while eating, even if it was really hot.

I had to get some dessert. VERY good. You can never go wrong with the chocolate chip cookie.

I think Carolyn mightve eventually joined us too. Brook and Carolyn both had gone to a DVC member meet earlier that day and were planning on attending the one open to the public after lunch. Lisa and I both thought we would like to go to. After all, there is a chance you could win some onboard credit!

I think we headed that way right after lunch.

It was in Studio Sea.

We had a good time, but I really didnt learn anything I hadnt known already. This was all new to Lisa though. Susan was really good with the questions and won some prizes. Finally the moment we had all been waiting for. The drawing for the $300 onboard credit. And guess who won? Not me! But shelly did. I was so happy for her.

After the DVC meet, we were going to head back to our room. We wanted to change and get ready for a meet and greet we had scheduled with facebook friends at 3 PM. It was called the Beauty and Beast champagne party. We had an open bar scheduled for an hour. The cost was really great too. I think it was only $13.25 per person.

Brook had an informal meet and greet planned as well that some of us could drop by at in the Promenade Lounge from 1-3, I believe. We walked through there and only saw 2 others there, 1 being Mary. I took a few pictures before we headed back to the room.

We said goodbyes and headed back to change and freshen up a bit.

Last edited by jenseib; 10-25-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #339
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful photos. I am so ready for my vacation and seeing photos of the Magic every day most certainly makes the waiting more bearable.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #340
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Love all the food pics! It looks like the buffet was a good one. I hear a lot about those cookies, are they soft or crispy?

I love that view of the water from the back of the ship. That's always one of my favorite things about a cruise, looking out at the water, especially off the back. I have a lot of pics of the back of the ship water from various cruises LOL!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #341
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I walk 4 miles everyday, so I would have to do 12 laps to get my normal walk in - I'm afraid I would lose count

The lunch buffet looked yummy! I'm gaining weight just looking at all your food pictures!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #342
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Thanks for sharing all your wonderful photos. I am so ready for my vacation and seeing photos of the Magic every day most certainly makes the waiting more bearable.

Corinna
Are you going to do a Trip report? I would love to see it if you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Love all the food pics! It looks like the buffet was a good one. I hear a lot about those cookies, are they soft or crispy?

I love that view of the water from the back of the ship. That's always one of my favorite things about a cruise, looking out at the water, especially off the back. I have a lot of pics of the back of the ship water from various cruises LOL!
Soft, but not too soft. Just perfect! MMMMMMM
Old 10-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #343
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Are you going to do a Trip report? I would love to see it if you do.
Yes, definitely. We will head to WDW after the cruise so I won't get going on the trip report until early December.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #344
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lisa considered it and asked me, but I just couldnít commit. What if I totally hated it? I could only see me sitting on the hot stones for short periods of time Ö. And then what if I loved it. I was then worried I would spend too much time there and miss other fun events. Iím complex that way.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
LOL! I could totally see myself saying just that.

I'm that way with red velvet cake. I've never tried it. What if I like it? Then there's just one more thing on the face of the earth I have to use my willpower to avoid!

I had no idea they had such extensive spas on these ships. Not sure what I'd think of it......... never have tried. I think my problem is that I'm not good at sitting still.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #345
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Food, food & more food! I can see why a co-worker gained 12 lbs on her cruise last year. She must have not walked the deck!

I think it would be so relaxing to sit and watch the water go by for a while. I'd probably fall asleep and burn to a crisp.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: