Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #646
redoschi
Mouseketeer

I wish I could get a pin! We're booked with S/P/D but would love to have true Free Dining as a pin as it would save us some more $400-500!

Does anyone know something I could do to try and receive one in my e-mail?

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #647
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

No pin for us either; and for anyone who booked the S/P/D package before they adjusted their prices, be wary of making any changes. I just dropped my number of tickets from 4 days to 1, and they repriced my whole package. Still hoping for that free dining pin...
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #648
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford
No pin for us either; and for anyone who booked the S/P/D package before they adjusted their prices, be wary of making any changes. I just dropped my number of tickets from 4 days to 1, and they repriced my whole package. Still hoping for that free dining pin...
I keep seeing that on here... What exactly is stay play dine?
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #649
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
I keep seeing that on here... What exactly is stay play dine?
There have been different s/p/d offers over the years. The usual deal is that kids stay, play and dine for free, but this current offer is that kids AND adults stay, play and dine at children's prices. So adults pay the kid pricing for their park tickets and their included dining plan (based on the level of resort they choose).
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #650
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

There have been different s/p/d offers over the years. The usual deal is that kids stay, play and dine for free, but this current offer is that kids AND adults stay, play and dine at children's prices. So adults pay the kid pricing for their park tickets and their included dining plan (based on the level of resort they choose).
That's great!

Sigh. Not so great for us, no kids.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #651
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
I wish I could get a pin! We're booked with S/P/D but would love to have true Free Dining as a pin as it would save us some more $400-500!

Does anyone know something I could do to try and receive one in my e-mail?
remember if your pkg is already discounted you cant apply a second discount. its one or the other. and FD is used to fill resorts so your resort or room type may not be available even if FD comes out. FD dining isnt for everywhere only where they need to fill rooms.

second part.....register at disney website, save vacation offers, if the little question for cm pops up....ask some questions. pins are totally random but they have to have your email or home address to send it to ones who get them. ive never gotten one for the yr if we already have a res booked. ive heard of people getting them though even if they have a booking for that current yr.

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #652
Kathymford

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Actually, the tickets are not at children's prices, I think it's only the dining plan that is. At least that's the way it appeared when I dropped my park tickets from 4 days to 1.

Quote:
That's great!

You don't have to have kids to get it. We are 2 adults and got this package.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #653
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford

Actually, the tickets are not at children's prices, I think it's only the dining plan that is. At least that's the way it appeared when I dropped my park tickets from 4 days to 1.

You don't have to have kids to get it. We are 2 adults and got this package.
I will look into it!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #654
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's great!

Even better, we're a group of 3 adults and 1 teen and got a great discount on our package. We reduced 3 nights (14 to 11) and kept same tickets (8-day MYW with PH and WPF&M) and added QSDP for only $7 more!

Knowing that prices are now changing with any change to a reservation I won't change ours for sure! Unless a pin comes along of course!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #655
t_daniels

Ohhh it ends in March, looks like.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #656
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski

I made the call and the new CM I spoke with was able to re-book us with the free dining PIN code...saved an extra $430 over the Play Stay Dine cost! Now if we could just get Splash Mountain to re-open early...

Thanks again for your suggestion! Hope you guys have a great trip!

(I'm having way too much fun with these icons )
Awesome!!! Now if I can snag me one of those pins wr will be all set!! Lmao

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #657
Kathymford

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
Even better, we're a group of 3 adults and 1 teen and got a great discount on our package. We reduced 3 nights (14 to 11) and kept same tickets (8-day MYW with PH and WPF&M) and added QSDP for only $7 more!

Knowing that prices are now changing with any change to a reservation I won't change ours for sure! Unless a pin comes along of course!
Yes, don't make my mistake!! Luckily, it was "only" a $63 mistake this time. C'mon free dining!!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #658
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
When it first launched,all tickets were at kid pricing. There was some sort of glitch with the package that Disney corrected on Oct. 12, but not sure if it was a ticketing issue. For those that booked prior to the 12th, Disney has honored the prices, but lots of people have reported that booking the same package today would cost significantly more.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #659
dakotix
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly916

Noooo!! I haven't been able to ride that the last two times we were there because I was pregnant! I guess that'll make it three times in a row now... :-(
Yea I heard this and was bummed too. I did some digging and it turned out that a lot of guests have been left stranded on the ride and more often than not the ride has been closed down. Still sucks though.
1978 - DL Blue Stroller!1982 - Intl. Drive1984 - Intl. Drive1986 - Intl. Drive1988 - Intl. Drive1992 - Intl. Drive1994 - Port Orleans1996 - Port Orleans2000 - Port Orleans/ Contemporary2002 All Star2006 - DTD 2013 - Pop/ Coronado Springs2014 - Coronado Springs
dakotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #660
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
remember if your pkg is already discounted you cant apply a second discount. its one or the other. and FD is used to fill resorts so your resort or room type may not be available even if FD comes out. FD dining isnt for everywhere only where they need to fill rooms.

second part.....register at disney website, save vacation offers, if the little question for cm pops up....ask some questions. pins are totally random but they have to have your email or home address to send it to ones who get them. ive never gotten one for the yr if we already have a res booked. ive heard of people getting them though even if they have a booking for that current yr.
Thanks! I'm registered (my package booking was through the official website then adding S/P/D through the phone) and have some offers saved and some ADRs made.

Well, maybe I'll get a pin in the future, but being from Brazil it is not easy to go to WDW very often, last time was 5 years ago in 2007 and the one before that in 2000! A pin could be something that would make this cycle faster!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: