Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
dassjs
Mouseketeer

Grocery Delivery Options?

Hi All,

We will be arriving at WDW in less than a month (yeah!). We take the Magical Express transportation to the resort. We don't want to rent a car but am interested in getting some groceries -peanut butter, Chobani yogurt, gold fish, bread, etc. I normally ship water to my resort but since my peanut butter got confiscated at the airport the last time and the fact that WDW doesn't sell Chobani yogurt, I'd like to get groceries in Orlando. I know some folks have mentioned Garden Grocers but they don't sell the natural peanut butter or pineapple Chobani yogurt, does anyone have any other options? If so, can you tell me when you need to order, what the delivery charges are, etc.? Thanks so much!!
dassjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
Sallimander
Earning My Ears

We have used Garden Grocer with no troubles in the past. Perhaps if you call them with your requests they can find what you are looking for.
Sallimander is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Did you try wegoshop.com.

They connect with several different types of grocers.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
Disneyteers
Addicted To The Mouse

Have you tried wegoshop? Here is a link to their site. I hope this helps

http://www.wegoshop.com/location15.html
Old 09-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

We have used wegoshop.com 5 times and have been highly satisfied. We are using them again in 2 weeks.
I prefer their service since you create your own list, rather than shopping "virtual aisles". You give them brand names and they shop for them for you. Their delivery fee is higher, but they do not upcharge each item like Garden Grocer does. Basically I think the cost of either is comparable.
I like the fact that wegoshop gives me a 30 minute delivery window rather than a 2 hour window, as well. And they have always been right on time.
Have a Great Trip
Old 09-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
buzzgirls&dad
DIS Veteran

We have used wegoshop maybe 4 or 5 times and they are great. One time they could not get the item I wanted so she called me while she was shopping so I could get a replacement that was acceptable. I thought that was great. They have always been timely as well. We are very happy with their service.
'13 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP-lunch with an Imagineer
'14 Mar-Aulani'14Oct-BCV/MNSSHP/F&W
'15 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP/F & W

"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney
buzzgirls&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
dassjs
Mouseketeer

Thanks folks. What is the delivery charge for wegoshop?
dassjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
meredith1
DIS Veteran

i have serval friends whom have used this personal shopper and love, love, love her. I haven't personally used the service but, just might.

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyShopper

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
Disneyteers
Addicted To The Mouse

I pulled the rates from the wegoshop site.

Shop & Delivery Rates:

Grocery receipt(s) total up to $50.00 = $18.00 shop & delivery service fee

Grocery receipt(s) total between $50.00 - $100.00 = $23.00 shop & delivery service fee

Grocery receipt(s) total between $100.00 - $200.00 = $28.00 shop & delivery service fee

Grocery receipt(s) total between $200.00 - $300.00 = $38.00 shop & delivery service fee

Grocery receipt(s) total over $300.00 = 13% of grocery receipt(s) total, shop & delivery service fee

Additional Fees:

Shop from more than one store - $5.00 per each additional store

A gratuity of 10% of the grocery receipt(s) total will be added to all orders that are left at bell services

Quote:
Originally Posted by dassjs View Post
Thanks folks. What is the delivery charge for wegoshop?
Old 09-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
knottmel1
Mouseketeer

www.Stollersandgroceries.com - I have heard wonderful things and plan on using them!

knottmel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
hblackb
Earning My Ears

gratuity??

We just placed our first order with wegoshop for next month. The women we spoke with was very nice and helpful. The one question I have for people that have used them in the past is, what is a good tip for a $150 order? Should I give 10% or a flat $10 or $20. The reason I ask is, my friend used the service and he told me they were a little upset with his tip. He never told how much it was, but he is nototiusly cheap so I can only imagine it was only a couple of dollars. If the service is good and on time I want to tip them accordingly. Thanks
hblackb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hblackb View Post
We just placed our first order with wegoshop for next month. The women we spoke with was very nice and helpful. The one question I have for people that have used them in the past is, what is a good tip for a $150 order? Should I give 10% or a flat $10 or $20. The reason I ask is, my friend used the service and he told me they were a little upset with his tip. He never told how much it was, but he is nototiusly cheap so I can only imagine it was only a couple of dollars. If the service is good and on time I want to tip them accordingly. Thanks
Considering they add on 10% themselves if your order is left with bell services, I'd go with that.

OP - you may want to call Garden Grocer and see if they can get what you are looking for. People used to be able to special order beer and liquor with them, even though it wasn't on their site. Garden Grocer's delivery fee is lower than wegoshop and is a flat rate - not dependent on the amount of your order. Plus GG has a lower minimum purchase requirement.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #13
mgb70
Earning My Ears

Does wegoshop bring groceries to your room? How does that work?
mgb70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
tiggore91
Tiggore91

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
i have serval friends whom have used this personal shopper and love, love, love her. I haven't personally used the service but, just might.

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyShopper
I agree with this poster. Kelly will charge you grocery cost plus 20%, and a $10 delivery fee. She also rents out Keurigs, coffee makers, toasters, blenders, fans for a small fee. She leaves everything at bell services the night before (yes, they have refrigerators and freezers). But you need to email her ASAP to put you on her list.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb70 View Post
Does wegoshop bring groceries to your room? How does that work?
If you are in your room when they arrive, yes they will. If you are not checked in yet or if you're not in your room, they will deliver to Bell Services. Then once you're in your room, Bell Services will deliver your order to your room.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: