Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

How important are requests at the poly

I was so excited to book yesterday that I forgot to put in any requests. We have 3 young DDs so want to be close to pool and monorail. Was thinking of samoa?!
How important is it to put in requests??

Was thinking of the following in this order
1. samoa
2. 1st or 3rd floor (which is better with kids?!)
3. pack n play for our youngest dd

Anything else I should request??

Thanks!
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Samoa seems to be a popular location. Come families with young children like a ground floor patio so the kids can go outside to play. Pack & Plays usually are in the closet, so no need to request.
Google Tikiman pages, he has a great web site on Poly.
We stayed in Tokelau and really enjoyed that longhouse.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks....I am so excited to stay here and even debating not requesting a building as we are only there two nights! would love to get theme park view but cannot justify cost of it!! here is hoping for some pixie dust!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Thanks....I am so excited to stay here and even debating not requesting a building as we are only there two nights! would love to get theme park view but cannot justify cost of it!! here is hoping for some pixie dust!
We loved Niue, 1st floor facing the Volcano pool. The GCH and pool was steps from our door. Niue is landscaped wonderfully, so you don't feel like everyone is watching you or on top of your space on the 1st floor. Samoa is very popular request, so if you get 1st floor Niue it's a good choice.

1st floor rooms are our favorite, as the balconies are HUGE and awesome extra space. We really enjoyed walking out the balcony door to get to Captain cooks or the pool. It was very convenient and super quick.

We asked for:
1st floor
near pool and transporation and LOVED our Niue room!

I think asking for what you want is important, as a patio or balcony is a must for us and would have been unhappy if we got a second floor room with out a balcony/patio. You might not get everything you want (at YC this summer we got 2/3 requests we made and were still happy with our room), but hopefully get what's most important to you on your stay.

Our garden view room view was lovely, I did not miss the theme park view. There are lots of places to watch Wishes from the Poly; pool, GCH and the beach.

Have a great time!

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
MinniesYooHoo
With the cows and the chickens, they all sound like the dickens when I hear my little Minnie...YOO HOO!

We stayed at the Poly for our recent trip in August. I made 2 requests:

1: Samoa building
2: 1st or 2nd floor.

We got Samoa, 1st floor facing the quiet pool. I was so excited. When we got to our room and I opened the curtains all I saw was a wall of bamboo trees. No view whatsoever. I was dissapointed but certainly wasn't going to let it effect our trip. As it turns out, by day 2 I was so very happy to have that wall of bamboo trees. We could open the curtains and have light but still had complete privacy. I could relax and let DD play on the patio without having an eagle eye on her. No one could see her, let alone get to her. I would stay in that room again in a heartbeat! But Samoa was a fabulous location. Central to everything!

I've been Boo'd!!!
Me DH DD(9) Granny: G-Daddy: Charlotte Mr. Tanner(The closest we could get to a hamster!)
MinniesYooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. I think I will ask for Samoa, 3rd floor.

My DH doesnt think they will go out of their way to accomodate us as we are only staying for two nights.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

I'm a Poly veteran, and I wouldn't pay extra for the theme park view, either. It's no trouble at all to walk down to the beach--even in your jammies, if you're little.

Of course, I wouldn't turn down a free upgrade to theme park view...
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
I'm a Poly veteran, and I wouldn't pay extra for the theme park view, either. It's no trouble at all to walk down to the beach--even in your jammies, if you're little.

Of course, I wouldn't turn down a free upgrade to theme park view...
Do you think they will accomodate requests for only two nights??

Have you ever been upgraded??

I am nervous that Samoa is so popular for requests that we won't get it.
We check in on a MOnday
Old 10-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Good luck to you! we are staying at Poly for the first time in January and I am debating where to request too. I think I've narrowed it down to Tokelau and Samoa.. I've heard the Tokelau rooms are a little bit bigger and have balconies or patios on all three floors.. but then Samoa-- that view facing the volcano pool is AWESOME! and it's so close to the GCH.

Let us know how it goes!

I wouldn't hesitate to try. We've stayed on site three times-- POR and CBR we requested buildings and got exactly what we wanted. GF-- we did not request and I am not kidding, we got the WORST room in the entire resort! It doesn't hurt to ask!

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
Good luck to you! we are staying at Poly for the first time in January and I am debating where to request too. I think I've narrowed it down to Tokelau and Samoa.. I've heard the Tokelau rooms are a little bit bigger and have balconies or patios on all three floors.. but then Samoa-- that view facing the volcano pool is AWESOME! and it's so close to the GCH.

Let us know how it goes!

I wouldn't hesitate to try. We've stayed on site three times-- POR and CBR we requested buildings and got exactly what we wanted. GF-- we did not request and I am not kidding, we got the WORST room in the entire resort! It doesn't hurt to ask!
You will be there before us...lol.

I am going to call another day and add requests I think

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: