Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Danny K
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 497

Portobello vs Tutto Italia

I am wondering which has better food, and better experience. According to menu's I don't know which to choose. So whoever has been to both, please let me know which you liked better. I also know there is another italian place in walt disney world swan hotel called Il Mulino. I wasn't considering that place because its not on the dining plan, but if you would recommend Il Mulino over Tutto or Portobello, let me know. Please help me know which one is better?
Danny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Robert P
GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a time
 
Robert P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Piedmont - NC
Posts: 2,495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I am wondering which has better food, and better experience. According to menu's I don't know which to choose. So whoever has been to both, please let me know which you liked better. I also know there is another italian place in walt disney world swan hotel called Il Mulino. I wasn't considering that place because its not on the dining plan, but if you would recommend Il Mulino over Tutto or Portobello, let me know. Please help me know which one is better?
Il Mulino is the best Italian restaurant at WDW. And from our last meal at Portobello, they and Il Mulino are in a whole different universe.

Of the three you mentioned, I rank them:
Il Mulino
Tutto
Portobello
__________________
"Never mud wrestle with a pig. You are both going to get filthy, but the difference is, the pig likes it!"
Past Trips:
12/97 - CSR, CR: 12/99 - ASSP, WL 09/00 - POFQ:02/03 - BWV: 10/03 - BWV: 11/03 - BWV, AKL:
01/04 - CBR, AKL: 9/04 - POP, BCV, POR: 10/04 - BCV, (offsite-Radisson-yuck!):
11/05 - Dolphin, BCV, BWV: 10/06 - BCV: 11/06 - Dolphin, BCV:
07/07 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari- AOK!) 11/07 - BCV, Dolphin:
04/08 - Dolphin, BWV: 08/08 - POP, WL: 10/08 - BCV, Swan:
09/09 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari): 11/09 - Swan, BCV 10/10 - Dolphin, BCV

Robert P's April 2008 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1791298
Robert P's Fall 2007 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1630586
Robert P is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.
 
Pakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 20,097

Il Mulino is definitely the best Italian at WDW. While not as adult as the other upscale restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin it's still a lot more romantic/quiet than Disney's restaurants and the food and service are of a higher quality.

I've not dined at Portabello since it came on the dining plan in 2012. Prior to that, my last two meals there were very good. The menu is not quite as Americanized as Tutto and it reminds me more of the meals we had in Italy.

I'm not a fan of Tutto.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't
 
goofyintoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 8,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I am wondering which has better food, and better experience. According to menu's I don't know which to choose. So whoever has been to both, please let me know which you liked better. I also know there is another italian place in walt disney world swan hotel called Il Mulino. I wasn't considering that place because its not on the dining plan, but if you would recommend Il Mulino over Tutto or Portobello, let me know. Please help me know which one is better?
In another thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2931892&page=2) you indicated a list of problems with Il Mulino on your last visit to that restaurant. And in this thread youre asking ppl if they'd recommend Il Mulino over the other two places? You've been back and forth about Tutto Italia for quite a while now, i've seen all the threads you posted. You can ask on these boards daily but the fact is, you'll get a lot of different responses all the time. some ppl love it, some hate it. Take it with a grain of salt. Everyone has a different opinion on what the perfect pasta should be. Some think its at Il Mulino, others think its at Tutto.

Have you considered checking out trip advisor? Its a great website.
__________________





........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........







AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
Danny K
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
In another thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2931892&page=2) you indicated a list of problems with Il Mulino on your last visit to that restaurant. And in this thread youre asking ppl if they'd recommend Il Mulino over the other two places? You've been back and forth about Tutto Italia for quite a while now, i've seen all the threads you posted. You can ask on these boards daily but the fact is, you'll get a lot of different responses all the time. some ppl love it, some hate it. Take it with a grain of salt. Everyone has a different opinion on what the perfect pasta should be. Some think its at Il Mulino, others think its at Tutto.

Have you considered checking out trip advisor? Its a great website.
I am asking about Il Mulino again because I haven't been since last year, and heard a renovation happened, so it might be better. I just want to know now if portobello is any better than Tutto. Yes I have been on trip advisor A LOT. It seems Tutto keeps getting higher and higher rankings. This is why I repeat these on boards.
Danny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there
 
BEASLYBOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wellington, Florida
Posts: 4,754

I prefer Portobello's over Tutto! Love Il Mulino but it's more expensive! Two very different experiences!
__________________
Summer Aug 2014- Kidani-2bd

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Tanyabeth8
Mouseketeer
 
Tanyabeth8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 287

I really enjoyed Tutto when I ate there about two years ago. Delicious food. I've eaten at Portabello before, but it was several years ago. My meal was ok, but I do remember them having the best chocolate cake I've ever had in my life (not exaggerating either). I love Tutto, but I may pick Portabello if they still have that cake.
Tanyabeth8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran
 
Sweet Melissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I am asking about Il Mulino again because I haven't been since last year, and heard a renovation happened, so it might be better. I just want to know now if portobello is any better than Tutto. Yes I have been on trip advisor A LOT. It seems Tutto keeps getting higher and higher rankings. This is why I repeat these on boards.
There's been no renovation or major changes to Il Mulino. It's still the best Italian restaurant on Disney property by a country mile. Portobello would be second, and all the others distant followers.
__________________

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.