Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #1756
marinadca
Earning My Ears

Random questions - we have Wine View Lounge tickets for this Saturday's PFTS.

1. Is the entrance near the Japan Pavilion? My husband says he was told that on the phone, but I want to be sure.

2. If we do a different park that morning/afternoon can we pick up the tickets right before the party or do we need to get them first thing in the morning?

Thank you to everyone for sharing their tips. Looks like this trip that was supposed to make up for Tropical storm Debbie is going to be pretty wet too (going Fri-Mon). I think Florida might hate me slightly...

marinadca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #1757
JenKatt
Geek in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinadca View Post
Random questions - we have Wine View Lounge tickets for this Saturday's PFTS.

1. Is the entrance near the Japan Pavilion? My husband says he was told that on the phone, but I want to be sure.

2. If we do a different park that morning/afternoon can we pick up the tickets right before the party or do we need to get them first thing in the morning?

Thank you to everyone for sharing their tips. Looks like this trip that was supposed to make up for Tropical storm Debbie is going to be pretty wet too (going Fri-Mon). I think Florida might hate me slightly...
We're also going Saturday. The ticket pick up is before the party, they usually don't set up for pick ups until the afternoon.
The party is at the old Millenium Village, between Canada and the UK, no where near Japan.
I'm not worried about the weather. It might be overcast and windy, but they aren't calling for much in the way of rain

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #1758
marinadca
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenKatt View Post
We're also going Saturday. The ticket pick up is before the party, they usually don't set up for pick ups until the afternoon.
The party is at the old Millenium Village, between Canada and the UK, no where near Japan.
I'm not worried about the weather. It might be overcast and windy, but they aren't calling for much in the way of rain

Thanks for the response! Is the ticket pick-up not at the festival center like for the other events?

You'll excuse my ignorance, I am a first timer

Old 10-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #1759
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The entrance to PFTS is nowhere near the Japan pavilion, it's between Canada and England.

However, they often have a check-in set up for guests attending the concert at America Gardens, which would be near the Japan pavilion. They may be assuming that you would be attending the concert. You can get a wristband (no tickets - they give you a wristband) there, or outside the showplace. They don't have a setup for a check-in in the morning.

Because you're getting a wristband, you need to have everyone attending present when you check in.

I have no idea if you can get the wristband at the Festival Center but I've never heard that you can. PFTS is not held in or near the festival center.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #1760
PatriciaH
I want to be an Imagineer!

Thanks guys. Looks like any rain will be gone by Sunday and cool weather rolls in Monday/Tuesday but it will be sunny.
78 Off Site, 89 Off Site, 93 Caribbean Beach, 94 Wilderness Lodge, 94 Caribbean Beach, 96 Dixie Landings, 99 Port Orleans, 00 Disneyland Hotel, 01 Coronado Springs, 02 Coronado Springs, 02 Port Orleans FQ, 03 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 03 Marriott DT Disney/Wilderness Lodge, 04 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Disney Wonder, October 04 Living in Celebration and loving it! 05 Paradise Pier/Grand Californian, 07 Disney Wonder, 07 Grand Floridian, 08 Yacht Club, 08 Adventures By Disney Viva Italia/Knights and Lights/DL Paris, 09 Grand Floridian, 09 Candy Cane Inn/1st D23 Expo, 09 Polynesian, 10 Summer Nightastic, 10 F&W's 15th, 11 Candy Cane Inn/DL/DCA, 11 D23 Scavenger Hunt, 11 Wilderness Lodge/F&W/MNSS/HHN/MVMCP/15th Anniversary Trip, 11 Xmas Trip, 12 WD Family Museum/DL Hotel, 12 F&G, 12 Sept Trip, 12 Wilderness Cabins/F&W/HHN/Fall Trip, 13 January WDW Trip, 13 Paradise Pier/DL/DCA/Cars Land, 13 Sea World/Universal/WDW, 13 Disney Dream/F&W, 14 HHN/F&W
224+ out of 224:
PatriciaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #1761
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinadca View Post
Thanks for the response! Is the ticket pick-up not at the festival center like for the other events?

You'll excuse my ignorance, I am a first timer
The ticket pickup in the Festival Center is for culinary demos, beverage seminars, and mixology sessions in the Festival Center.

For other events, including wine dinners and afternoon wine pairings, there are no tickets. Check-in is at the event. You're on a list. You don't need to bring a confirmation e-mail, but it wouldn't hurt to have it.

It's been a few years since we've done PFTS, but check-in was outside near the entrance to World Showplace (former Millennium Village). There may now also be a check-in location near the America Gardens Theatre, although I hadn't noticed this in previous years.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #1762
JenKatt
Geek in training

If you are doing WVL or Reserved seating, the wristband pick up is right in front of MilVill. And despite the doors not suppose to be open until 7:15 for WVL and Reserved seating, they've been letting people in much earlier

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #1763
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

I've checked in for PFTS outside the theater in previous years - not this year though - doesn't mean you can't do it, just that I didn't go over there this time. Not for Wine View Lounge as I've never done Wine View Lounge but I don't see why they can't check you in at the concert if they're still doing that, don't they just have a different color wristband?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #1764
marinadca
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the info everyone!!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #1765
west&east
DIS Veteran

Wine View Lounge this year had no wristband. We were given a pin with a magnetic back which rocked- no tearing your clothes! We were told that if we went to the concert, we would still have to check in before the party again, but we didn't go to the concert so I can't confirm.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #1766
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Is it all PFTS levels that you can get reserved seating for the concert? (We're just general admission, no reserved seating)

If so, which concert do you get the wristbands for?
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #1767
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

If you have a Chase credit or debit card, you can get wristbands for the concerts starting at 9 AM at the Festival Center Chase Lounge, you don't have to wait for the PFTS ones.

I haven't done the concert thing via PFTS since they had three levels though, so I don't really know.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #1768
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
If you have a Chase credit or debit card, you can get wristbands for the concerts starting at 9 AM at the Festival Center Chase Lounge, you don't have to wait for the PFTS ones.

I haven't done the concert thing via PFTS since they had three levels though, so I don't really know.
Thanks.

We weren't planning on getting to the park until a little before PFTS, I was just debating when we should go in based on the concert
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #1769
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
We had reserved seats for the Oct 20 PFTS. Here's what happened:

4 of us checked in around 5:00, got blue wristbands at the entrance to World Showcase Pavillion, right near where Off Kilter plays. Went to the early showing of Survivor, got seats 3 rows in on the left side. (Great show, btw!)

After it ended, we wondered what we were going to do for an hour or so since we heard reserved seating gets in 7:15. So we headed back to the pavillion, where they told us they were letting reserved seats in at 6:55, you are welcome to go inside or wait on the lawn just outside the building. Ok, so we went inside. They had a roped off area on the left, and a lot of people were in the middle area, standing or sitting down, with their glasses and plates already. We were told to go to the left, but stay to the right, as they were making 2 lines. So the far left line went in first, I think they went in more like 6:55. By the time we got to go in, it was more like 7:15. There were servers waiting with trays of a rose colored champagne in glasses for us. (Which I didn't like). Went to our table, which was already reserved for us, with the name of our party, right up by the stage. My biggest complaint was that they used the same size table for 2 people or 4. So with this champagne toast, a PFTS wine glass, water glass, and plate for 4 people, it was tight. At least it was reserved and we didn't have to figure out where to stand/sit. That in itself was worth every extra penny.

We noticed that the Wine View Lounge was a section that was in the center back of the room. Two people "guarded" a special entrance to that area, and we saw cheese and wine tables set up just for those people. And the tables were larger. Somehow I thought "view" meant higher up, but this was in the same room. What surprised me was how they had the worst seats for the show, as there was a walkway in front of them where the non-reserved gathered to watch, and then there were the reserved tables by the stage, where we were. So the standing people blocked their view. It was actually difficult to make our way back to our seats from the wall of people that were standing up trying to see the show if we had gotten up to get more food/wine.

Speaking of wine - so this was the second PFTS we had ever gone to.. I forget how long ago the other one was, but let me tell you, they were quite stingy with their pours! And the glasses that we took home were considerably smaller than the ones we got previously. So basically 2 sips and then it was back to try another.

Food was great, next time I'm going to let my husband find the food and I will find the wine. I wanted to try everything but I got waaay too full!!

Bottom line, we would do it again, and get a reserved table again. The Wine View Lounge, even with the servers getting you what you wanted, was just not worth it.

Hopes this helps someone!!
I am not sure how you know the Wine View Lounge was not worth it based on what you posted....

As I said earlier in this thread on a dollar cost it may not be "worth it" but I think for my enjoyment it was "worth it" and will do it again. I could see 90% of the show, but honestly I didn't go for the show LOL! I also did not have the problem you had getting back to my table if the show was going on as the entrace to the lounge was well away from the walkway.

The service was outstanding and the atmosphere was just much nicer... (and I didn't have to worry about "table squatters" LOL! )

Reading this thread with the more updated information pretty much has me convinced that this is the only way I will do PFTS again.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #1770
polly p
dvc member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I am not sure how you know the Wine View Lounge was not worth it based on what you posted....

As I said earlier in this thread on a dollar cost it may not be "worth it" but I think for my enjoyment it was "worth it" and will do it again. I could see 90% of the show, but honestly I didn't go for the show LOL! I also did not have the problem you had getting back to my table if the show was going on as the entrace to the lounge was well away from the walkway.

The service was outstanding and the atmosphere was just much nicer... (and I didn't have to worry about "table squatters" LOL! )

Reading this thread with the more updated information pretty much has me convinced that this is the only way I will do PFTS again.
I totally agree! Our first year at PFTS we had general seating and while it was OK, we thoroughly enjoyed WVL 10/20. Our service was outstanding and it was so relaxed compared to previous year. When we go back in a few years, we will definitely try to book WVL again. I felt it was worth the money!
Disneyland 1980 DixieLandings 1999 AS Movies 2001 VWL 2003 AKL 4/2006 DCL Magic western 4/8/2006 VWL 2/15/08 SSR 2/2010 AS Sports 5/2010 BCV 8/2010 BWV 8/2010 BWV 10/13/2011 Aulani 12/2011 AKV 10/2012 BLT 2/2013
polly p is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: