Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
Lyn-CA
DIS Veteran

Mousekeeping and naps

We are planning on giving our 2 year old DS his daily nap after lunch. Is there anything I should do to ensure that the room has been serviced either before or after he naps?
AoA/Wyndham Bonnet Creek 1/13*POR/CBR/Swan/Contemporary 12/07*Disneyland Grand Californian b-day trip 9/06*Disneyland Hotel b-day trip 9/04*AKL 8/03*Disneyland 12/02*Beach Club & Magic 5/00* Disneyland b-day trip 9/99*Sports & WL 9/98
BEFORE DISCOVERING TRUE DISNEY MAGIC:
Disneyland 12/89*Disneyland 7/86
Lyn-CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

as a rule (not always) if your out of the room early Mousekeeping cleans early. we started several years ago getting a double stroller and taking his blanket and we find a shady area and he naps and we rest and relax as well and save the running back and forth. just idea
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 03:41 AM   #3
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

If the room hasn't been cleaned before the nap, I'd put the do not disturb tag out while in the room and call housekeeping when I left.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
Kimberle
WL Vet

Our room always seems to be made up mid-afternoon. I'd talk to the CM during check in to see if you can request it be made up before noon. Or, call housekeeping.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Ask to speak with the housekeeping manager at your resort. I think if you don't mind, it would be much more realistic to expect the room to be made up after his naps. The first priority is doing change-overs from all of the checkouts, so that new arrivals can check in. After those are done, they then clean the rest of the guest rooms.

If you absolutely must have the room made up before the nap, a decent tip should make it happen.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Gary M
DIS Veteran

DW and I like to take an afternoon nap, most days. One of the first things I do after arriving in the room, is to call housekeeping and ask if they could have the room made-up each day by noon. They have never failed to satisfy our wishes. I do leave a nice tip each day, on the pillow, to show my gratitude.

Last edited by Gary M; 10-25-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Gary M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn-CA View Post
We are planning on giving our 2 year old DS his daily nap after lunch. Is there anything I should do to ensure that the room has been serviced either before or after he naps?
We have always request & was granted to have our rooms ready by 2PM. Of course we know our "Mousekeeper" as we always have her. And she know we like to have our rooms ready by 2PM but she get in there as soon as we leave. We stay club level so don't know if that makes a difference.

You can call housekeeping & request when you want your room ready. They are happy to do what they can do to help you out.
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: