Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #751
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyClown View Post
If I have only the departure leg of our trip booked right now, can I cancel that one and book roundtrip tickets to take advantage of the sale going on now? The one I have right now is Wanna Get Away tickets and I know they aren't "refundable" but wasn't sure if I could just get a "credit" so to speak and apply it to the new tickets.
Yes just cancel the existing reservation first and then when you book the new one use the original confirmation # in the apply travel funds box. I did this yesterday and it worked fine.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #752
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

can someone tell me how long it takes from the reward to go from your credit card into your Rapid Rewards account? I just had my first statement close yesterday and the rewards show on the statement, but nothing when I login to my RR account.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #753
DisneyClown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Yes just cancel the existing reservation first and then when you book the new one use the original confirmation # in the apply travel funds box. I did this yesterday and it worked fine.
Thank you! I did just that today and saved myself a bundle!!

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person, you just may be the world."

Disneyland-'93 and '95~~~~~Wilderness Lodge-May '07 Honeymoon~~~~~Pop Century June-July '10~~~~~~Port Orleans Riverside Dec 2012
DisneyClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #754
PrincesCJM
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, DH, DS and I are not going to be able to go to Disney in December like we had hoped. I have already purchased tickets for our flights. I knew that it was going to be iffy going but there were a great price and I know Southwest does not charge to change plans. My question though is how do I go about canceling our flights? They are non-refundable so I understand that we'll have credits to use. They will need to be used within a year of purchase, correct?
Two trips as a child 5/04 - Offsite 8/07 - Offsite/ASSp. DH's first trip. 8/09 - POFQ for honeymoon. 4/11 - Pop Century for our 3rd trip together! 7/11 - Offsite for STS-135 Launch seen from KSCVC 7/13 - Pop Century. DS's first trip! 4/2015 - ASMo

PrincesCJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #755
DisneyClown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincesCJM
Unfortunately, DH, DS and I are not going to be able to go to Disney in December like we had hoped. I have already purchased tickets for our flights. I knew that it was going to be iffy going but there were a great price and I know Southwest does not charge to change plans. My question though is how do I go about canceling our flights? They are non-refundable so I understand that we'll have credits to use. They will need to be used within a year of purchase, correct?
I called Southwest and they canceled it for me and when I rebooked, it asks if you want to apply travel funds, where you would then put in your confirmation number for these flights you are canceling. I believe you can also go to southwest.com and there is an option to cancel a reservation. If you are iffy about it at all, you should just call. It's super easy. I got an agent right away who assured me it was no problem and answered my questions about rebooking.

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person, you just may be the world."

Disneyland-'93 and '95~~~~~Wilderness Lodge-May '07 Honeymoon~~~~~Pop Century June-July '10~~~~~~Port Orleans Riverside Dec 2012
DisneyClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #756
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincesCJM View Post
You can cancel online and you will receive a Confirmation Number for Travel Funds. Keep the print-out as you will need the Confirmation number to use the funds towards future travel.
It is very easy to use the funds; I re-booked this morning, entered the Confirmation number and it automatically deducted my original purchase amount.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #757
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Figuring the worst answer can be no: any such animal as an April 2013 code?
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #758
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Can you get a credit if the price of your flight drops?
My dd is flying to Denver for Thanksgiving and the price of one of the flights dropped $50. I know it isn't a whole lot, but $50 bucks is still $50. And she could use it on another flight.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #759
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Can you get a credit if the price of your flight drops?
My dd is flying to Denver for Thanksgiving and the price of one of the flights dropped $50. I know it isn't a whole lot, but $50 bucks is still $50. And she could use it on another flight.
Yes, but it wil lbe a credit that has to be used with in a year of purchase date. But totally do able!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #760
amomma23
DIS Veteran

How will this work?

My husband was just approved for the 50,000 points with SW card. Our family of 5 will be heading back to WDW in August 2013. We each have a RR number and some travel funds left from our trip last month.
When we go to book our trip how will that work? I assume my husband logs into his account to purchase all of our flights and use the 50,00 points? I read that we will have separate confirmation #'s, but can we book all at once under one reservation? The points should cover most of the cost of our flights, but not all. Do we have to book what we can with points, then do a separate reservation to pay cash for what's not covered? What about our travel funds? Are we able to apply them as well?
Sorry too many questions! We've traveled SW a few times, but never with points or travel funds, so this is all new.

Last edited by amomma23; 10-28-2012 at 01:14 PM.
amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #761
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23
My husband was just approved for the 50,000 points with SW card. Our family of 5 will be heading back to WDW in August 2013. We each have a RR number and some travel funds left from our trip last month.
When we go to book our trip how will that work? I assume my husband logs into his account to purchase all of our flights and use the 50,00 points? I read that we will have separate confirmation #'s, but can we book all at once under one reservation? The points should cover most of the cost of our flights, but not all. Do we have to book what we can with points, then do a separate reservation to pay cash for what's not covered? What about our travel funds? Are we able to apply them as well?
Sorry too many questions! We've traveled SW a few times, but never with points or travel funds, so this is all new.
Yes, different reservation #s but you book together.
If u don't need that many points to completely cover the cost u can buy points but sometimes it's cheaper to pay cash depends how much u get them for. You cannot apply RR from other accounts. Sign up for Ding! And stalk the website I got 6 one way tickets for 4k each! I'm hoping to get a good discount for or return flights too. DH and I both applied separately so we have 100k but need to book 6 RT.
rubybpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #762
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybpc View Post
Yes, different reservation #s but you book together.
If u don't need that many points to completely cover the cost u can buy points but sometimes it's cheaper to pay cash depends how much u get them for. You cannot apply RR from other accounts. Sign up for Ding! And stalk the website I got 6 one way tickets for 4k each! I'm hoping to get a good discount for or return flights too. DH and I both applied separately so we have 100k but need to book 6 RT.
Thanks for answering my ramble! My daughter and I each have a $37 credit and my husband and 2 boys have $17 credits. Can we apply these and pay with points or do you have to pay cash to use the credit?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #763
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23 View Post
Thanks for answering my ramble! My daughter and I each have a $37 credit and my husband and 2 boys have $17 credits. Can we apply these and pay with points or do you have to pay cash to use the credit?
You can only use those for the 911 fee part because you would have to pay cash for those.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #764
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You can only use those for the 911 fee part because you would have to pay cash for those.
Thanks
Old 10-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #765
Cindironi
Earning My Ears

Has anyone flew to SW from Greenville-Spartanburg

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has flown SW from Greenville-Spartanburg, SC to Orlando(direct flight)? My family is going to Orlando on Dec. 18th and would like to get some feedback from anyone that has flown from this airport on SW.
Thanks in advance!!
May 2015--AOA Lion King Suite-- June 2013-- CBR~December 2012—POFQ~July 2012— Royal Pacific Resort, Bonnet Creek~June 2010—CBR~Sept-Oct 2009—CSR, Poly CL~June 2008—POR~November 2007—Royal Pacific Resort, POP~July 2006—AKL~August 2005—POR~April 2005-HHI Resort~January 2004—POP~November 2002—HHI Resort~January 2002—OKW~December 2000—Dixie Landings~December 1999—DCL/Poly~September 1998—Poly~December 1996- Dixie Landings~September 1994 Doubletree-LBV
http:

Cindironi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: