Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #631
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford

When I was re-pricing the main difference I could see was the price of the tickets. Our trip is for 5 nights, so of course the default ticket is 6 days. When I first booked, the price difference to drop down to 4 days of tickets was about $40, now it's a little more than that. We are just 2 adults going.

With all of the talk on this thread before the S/D/P deal came out about adults at kids prices for tickets and dining plan, I wonder if that's where the problem was. Confusion on Disney's side about what this promotion is actually discounting!! They don't even know. lol
When I added S/P/D Visa offer to my already booked plan it dropped to exactly the amount of adults at kids dinning. Tickets were the same price. Still plan to make a call or 2 before we go to dig for more savings.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #632
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceluv&mickeymouse View Post
I don't think so. I did the same thing today. No pin code for me either, but the CM told me to call back the middle of next week??

I think we would only save a couple hundred more, but that is huge for extra spending money!!
The middle of next week makes sense because one of the deals expires on October 31st! I am still not giving up hope for some type of discount for the week before Easter!
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #633
meremus
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly

The middle of next week makes sense because one of the deals expires on October 31st! I am still not giving up hope for some type of discount for the week before Easter!
Me neither. I booked for early march but I'm hoping some deals come out for Easter week as well! Fingers crossed
9/03: WDW
9/07: WDW
10/08: WDW
10/09: WDW
03/10: WDW
9/10: WDW
3/11: WDW
9/11: WDW and Disney Dream
3/12: WDW
10/12: WDW and Disney Dream
3/13: WDW
11/13: WDW and Disney Fantasy
meremus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #634
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly

Oh your so smart !!! Lets hope for something then.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #635
Drewski
Earning My Ears

Angry Free Dining PIN Code

I received a free dining PIN code in the mail, but when calling to book was told it was only good for QSD at value resorts. This was not mentioned anywhere on the mailer, and I was surprised as all previous free dining offers I've seen were good for either QSD/Value or Regular Dining with a moderate resort. I ended up booking with the Play, Stay, Dine promotion, but this ended up being about $400 more than what free dining would have cost me...very deceptive mailer!!!
Drewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #636
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski View Post
I received a free dining PIN code in the mail, but when calling to book was told it was only good for QSD at value resorts. This was not mentioned anywhere on the mailer, and I was surprised as all previous free dining offers I've seen were good for either QSD/Value or Regular Dining with a moderate resort. I ended up booking with the Play, Stay, Dine promotion, but this ended up being about $400 more than what free dining would have cost me...very deceptive mailer!!!
That's totally incorrect. Call back.

The CM was incorrect, or misunderstood. You are only able to get free QSDP at a value - but you can pay to upgrade. And it is good for free DDP at a mod with an upgrade to deluxe if you'd like.

Call again and just tell them what you want. "I have a free dining pin I received in the mail. I want to apply this to my reservation at All Star Movies and I'd like to upgrade to the regular DDP."
Old 10-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #637
bittybabygrower
Mouseketeer

My travel agent called and asked about the pin. It is only good on a non-discounted room, we have the Visa discount and we would have to go back to rack rate to receive the free quick service dining at the all stars. So the $500 dollars we saved would be gone.
bittybabygrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #638
Drewski
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

The CM was incorrect, or misunderstood. You are only able to get free QSDP at a value - but you can pay to upgrade. And it is good for free DDP at a mod with an upgrade to deluxe if you'd like.

Call again and just tell them what you want. "I have a free dining pin I received in the mail. I want to apply this to my reservation at All Star Movies and I'd like to upgrade to the regular DDP."
Thanks much for the reply. I will definitely call back. I'd like your (and any others') opinion on something else. I just noticed Splash Mountain is scheduled to be closed from 1/2 - 3/19. This makes me sick as it's the kids' favorite ride, and I can't believe they'd have it closed for the first week of spring break! Any chance it will reopen early, or does 3/20 mean 3/20? Thanks!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #639
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittybabygrower View Post
My travel agent called and asked about the pin. It is only good on a non-discounted room, we have the Visa discount and we would have to go back to rack rate to receive the free quick service dining at the all stars. So the $500 dollars we saved would be gone.
Free dining always requires you to have a rack rate room. I'd have your TA price it out and see what works out better for you. Depending upon the room time, length of stay, and type of DP you can save more with FD. Other times the room percentage will get you more. We are a family of 4/5 depending on the trip and end up with DXDP. FD always works out better for us than the room discount.

I believe the general consensus was that the room discount generally saved more for people in deluxe rooms and that SPD was typically better in values/mods. If SPD saved you more than the room discount, FD would probably save you a bit more.

Quote:
Thanks much for the reply. I will definitely call back. I'd like your (and any others') opinion on something else. I just noticed Splash Mountain is scheduled to be closed from 1/2 - 3/19. This makes me sick as it's the kids' favorite ride, and I can't believe they'd have it closed for the first week of spring break! Any chance it will reopen early, or does 3/20 mean 3/20? Thanks!
I'd plan on it not opening until 3/20 as to not get anyone's hopes up. If the maintenance finishes early they'll open it early, but it definitely isn't something to count on. At least if you go into it thinking it's closed and it turns out to be open it will be a pleasant surprise.

What are you dates? We will be heading back home on 3/4 - if it's open then I'll let you know :D
Old 10-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #640
skelly916
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski

I just noticed Splash Mountain is scheduled to be closed from 1/2 - 3/19. This makes me sick as it's the kids' favorite ride, and I can't believe they'd have it closed for the first week of spring break! Any chance it will reopen early, or does 3/20 mean 3/20? Thanks!
Noooo!! I haven't been able to ride that the last two times we were there because I was pregnant! I guess that'll make it three times in a row now... :-(
skelly916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #641
Drewski
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'd plan on it not opening until 3/20 as to not get anyone's hopes up. If the maintenance finishes early they'll open it early, but it definitely isn't something to count on. At least if you go into it thinking it's closed and it turns out to be open it will be a pleasant surprise.

What are you dates? We will be heading back home on 3/4 - if it's open then I'll let you know :D
3/7 to 3/12. I'm honestly considering coming up with a new plan for spring break and saving DW for another time (the kids don't know we're going yet). My boys are CRAZY about Splash Mountain, and my daughter will be tall enough to ride it this time...they will be soooo bummed if it's closed. I'm still in disbelief they would have this closed during a spring break week. Come on Disney...throw a few more dollars at the project and get it done sooner!

Sorry...rant over.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #642
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Quote:
Oh No! This is DS6's favorite ride. He's a hoot--every time there's a drop, he goes, "Ahhh-refreshing!" We'll be down in Jan., so I have no hope of a schedule change. Oh, well, the little guy will have to settle for Kali River Rapids and Big Thunder.

As to yoru dilemma, it's possible but not likely that the refurb will be done earlier. It's kind of odd that they'd have a big mountain "down" during Feb. break, so I'm assuming some extensive work. However, it doesn't hurt to check All Ears periodically and hope for the best...
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #643
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
Oh No! This is DS6's favorite ride. He's a hoot--every time there's a drop, he goes, "Ahhh-refreshing!" We'll be down in Jan., so I have no hope of a schedule change. Oh, well, the little guy will have to settle for Kali River Rapids and Big Thunder.

As to yoru dilemma, it's possible but not likely that the refurb will be done earlier. It's kind of odd that they'd have a big mountain "down" during Feb. break, so I'm assuming some extensive work. However, it doesn't hurt to check All Ears periodically and hope for the best...
That's hilarious
Old 10-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #644
Drewski
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:

I made the call and the new CM I spoke with was able to re-book us with the free dining PIN code...saved an extra $430 over the Play Stay Dine cost! Now if we could just get Splash Mountain to re-open early...

Thanks again for your suggestion! Hope you guys have a great trip!

(I'm having way too much fun with these icons )

Last edited by Drewski; 10-25-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #645
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Tried for a pin today...we didn't have one.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: