Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #16
Jewel3k
Mouseketeer

We just stayed at por with 5 of us. Me, dh, 7, 5, and a 2 year old. If you stay there pay for a preferred room because the resort is spread out. Our logic was this. Queen size beds, pool with a slide, covered bus stops, and we used the pull down bed instead of a pack n play for the little guys. We also received the reg dining for free instead of the quick service that value was offering. It was cheaper to stay moderate than stay value and upgrade the dining plan. I did not want to chance not getting connecting rooms by staying in a value either. If they couldn't guarantee it, I was planning on it.
Jewel3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #17
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

You've put one of my favorite values against my least favorite mod. That said, I'd still pick 'new' (to you) over what you've done before. I love it when we can explore a resort ofr the first time! (the only place that's new to me is the newest resort). If you do pick Pop, make sure to visit the new resort!

A few points to consider: POR is probably more spread out, POR has the least exciting mod pool- but it's still way more fun than the Pop pool. PLUS you are allowed to use the POFQ pool and use refill mugs at POFQ. You get the bonus of the shuttle boat to DTD/POFQ/POR. You get QUEEN beds (but only two vs. having four beds in two rooms), You'll get more bathrooms at Pop, but begin sread over two rooms could also be a pain if the rooms are not connected. Connected rooms are NEVER promised at WDW. You get a decent TS at POR. That's super nice if you are on DDP.

Both food courts offer similar choices. Both are pretty typical American-type fare. (classic WDW food court food) Like Pizza/pasta, burgers, ice cream, coffee bar, salads, eggs, waffles, cereal, sandwiches...

That said- if it were me- I'd pick POFQ (or Coronado Springs) I like the compact feel of POFQ better. I also like the pool better.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #18
maryj11
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at both and I would choose POR. More peaceful , beautiful grounds, hot tub, great food court, boat to DTD, and queen beds. If you can afford to pay a perferred room though I would do it to be closer to everything because it is a large resort.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I love POR, but were you planning on 2 rooms there? As much as i love this resort, I wouldn't want to stay in 1 room with the amount of people you have going. Even though they accom. 5 + baby it would be way to cramped for me, and I'd go with 2 rooms at POP, unless you can do 2 rooms at POR.
This. There is not enough room for 6 people in a POR room. I assume the same cost is one room at POR and two at POP unless there is a discount at POR that is not available at POP. I'm not even sure they would allow you to book with 6, I think the max is 5 from what I remember. Take the two rooms and bathrooms in my opinion.

Have a great trip!

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
DestyTiger
Mouseketeer

If you are going to do 2 rooms at either resort, I would definitely recommend POR! We have stayed there many times and it is a wonderful setting. The queen beds are a nice plus, along with the double vanities in the bath area. It does have a wonderful food court.

We just find it to be a wonderfully relaxing resort!

If you are trying to choose between 2 rooms at PoP and only 1 room at POR, then I would tell you to get the 2 at PoP. 5 persons in one room at POR is doable (we have done it twice), but it gets crowded quick. With 3 adults, I think it might seem a little cramped.
DestyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #21
AlexandAndysMom
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

Thank you all for your picks! Yes, it would be 2 rooms at POP vs 1 room at POR. We just can't decide...and they would allow all of us in one room because they don't count the baby yet.

Again, thank you for all of your advice!
10/2010 for MNSSHP with DH, DS (8), and DS (3)
4/2011 Surprise Birthday and Graduation Trip!!
2/2013 Baby's First Trip!
2/2014 Cause we can!
AlexandAndysMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: