Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #3721
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man
 
Brocktoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Posts: 1,608

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Is that an offer to help pay for the MK wedding? They ain't exactly cheap.
I'll make you a deal ... do the Disney Wedding in Oct 2013, and I'll get you a margarita at La Cava. That's gotta be an equal trade in some sort of twisted universe ??? (and It'll also give me some sort of excuse to start planning a F&W 2013 trip)
__________________

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #3722
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
OMG, I was looking at these options, holy cow, the Couture Wedding???!?!?
Some of the options are nice..... I'm just not sure I'd have the $15-30k needed to pay for them. Let alone be able to make sure that all the family and Friends she wants there would be able to make it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I'll make you a deal ... do the Disney Wedding in Oct 2013, and I'll get you a margarita at La Cava. That's gotta be an equal trade in some sort of twisted universe ??? (and It'll also give me some sort of excuse to start planning a F&W 2013 trip)
Um.... Let's see.... Several Thousand for a wedding... or $13 for a margarita? Thinking that may not really work.

Either way.... I'm the guy in this wedding. That means that MOST of the planning, wants, and must haves of this wedding are not really going to be in my control. I may have input, but ultimately it's the Bride who has to be happy with the plans and event.
DCTooTall is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #3723
taramoz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I'll make you a deal ... do the Disney Wedding in Oct 2013, and I'll get you a margarita at La Cava. That's gotta be an equal trade in some sort of twisted universe ??? (and It'll also give me some sort of excuse to start planning a F&W 2013 trip)
Speaking of, you still owe me one (and several other people too, drunken promises)...
__________________
taramoz is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #3724
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man
 
Brocktoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Posts: 1,608

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Speaking of, you still owe me one (and several other people too, drunken promises)...
Yup, if memory serves me (and actually it didn't serve me too well this time ), I think I've got a bit of a margarita list. Pretty sure I owe ...

Tara, BigE, Ct, Darcy, Tony, and DC

Could be worse, and thank god it's only margaritas. Hey, I may have the beginnings of my F&W 2013 excuse!!
__________________

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #3725
taramoz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Yup, if memory serves me (and actually it didn't serve me too well this time ), I think I've got a bit of a margarita list. Pretty sure I owe ...

Tara, BigE, Ct, Darcy, Tony, and DC

Could be worse, and thank god it's only margaritas. Hey, I may have the beginnings of my F&W 2013 excuse!!
You mat get volunteered to plan the next meet now, just sayin'
__________________
taramoz is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #3726
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran
 
bluedevilinaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 723

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Some of the options are nice..... I'm just not sure I'd have the $15-30k needed to pay for them. Let alone be able to make sure that all the family and Friends she wants there would be able to make it.




Um.... Let's see.... Several Thousand for a wedding... or $13 for a margarita? Thinking that may not really work.

Either way.... I'm the guy in this wedding. That means that MOST of the planning, wants, and must haves of this wedding are not really going to be in my control. I may have input, but ultimately it's the Bride who has to be happy with the plans and event.
Congrats on the engagement dude! Welcome to the dark side! I guess we can't call you the pyrate prince anymore eh?
__________________
bluedevilinaz is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #3727
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!
 
MICKEY88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Some of the options are nice..... I'm just not sure I'd have the $15-30k needed to pay for them. Let alone be able to make sure that all the family and Friends she wants there would be able to make it.




Um.... Let's see.... Several Thousand for a wedding... or $13 for a margarita? Thinking that may not really work.

Either way.... I'm the guy in this wedding. That means that MOST of the planning, wants, and must haves of this wedding are not really going to be in my control. I may have input, but ultimately it's the Bride who has to be happy with the plans and event.
prince, prince,prince, you are confused, did the 2 of you meet because of her friends and family, or because of us, ?... exactly

therefore, it should be a small wedding in florida with your disfriends, then a vow renewal reception back home for friends and family
__________________



Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #3728
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!
 
MICKEY88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Congrats on the engagement dude! Welcome to the dark side! I guess we can't call you the pyrate prince anymore eh?
actually since she is a pirate,, it's either pirate prince, or simply pirate.. not to be confused with " The Pyrate"
__________________



Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #3729
ctnurse
DIS Veteran
 
ctnurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Will the wedding be at Disney, we do need to plan another meet, LOL!
That will give us another reason for a meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Is that an offer to help pay for the MK wedding? They ain't exactly cheap.
You and Rachel should check out the wedding boards, there is a lot of info over there for all kinds of budgets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Castle Weddings are usually done before the park opens to the public.
Yes, at 8am for $10,000.


Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
OMG, I was looking at these options, holy cow, the Couture Wedding???!?!?
I can't imagine spending so much money for a wedding, but I guess if you have $65,000 hanging around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Yup, if memory serves me (and actually it didn't serve me too well this time ), I think I've got a bit of a margarita list. Pretty sure I owe ...

Tara, BigE, Ct, Darcy, Tony, and DC

Could be worse, and thank god it's only margaritas. Hey, I may have the beginnings of my F&W 2013 excuse!!
Yes we are still waiting for our margaritas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
You mat get volunteered to plan the next meet now, just sayin'
Looks like your planning crown has been passed to Brocktoon!
__________________

ctnurse is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #3730
taramoz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post

Yes, at 8am for $10,000.
LOL, you have clearly done your research!
__________________
taramoz is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #3731
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man
 
Brocktoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Posts: 1,608

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post

Looks like your planning crown has been passed to Brocktoon!
You do not want me in the planning game ... I'm still using Garanimals to figure out what clothes to wear
__________________

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #3732
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
You mat get volunteered to plan the next meet now, just sayin'
Hmmm.... Maybe we should ask his parents to plan it instead. Not Sure Brock would survive the first round coherent enough to get the rest of the meet planned/working.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Congrats on the engagement dude! Welcome to the dark side! I guess we can't call you the pyrate prince anymore eh?
Says who? And Dark side? What does Universal have to do with anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
prince, prince,prince, you are confused, did the 2 of you meet because of her friends and family, or because of us, ?... exactly

therefore, it should be a small wedding in florida with your disfriends, then a vow renewal reception back home for friends and family
Well if we want to get REALLY technical, It was her mom who told her about this thread and convinced her to join the DIS to join the thread/group.... Just sayin'....

And I'm sure I could get away with inviting my DIS friends anyway. She's got a TON of friends and Family, so my side would be a bit, empty. I'm sure i could help pad things out a bit with my DIS friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
actually since she is a pirate,, it's either pirate prince, or simply pirate.. not to be confused with " The Pyrate"


Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
That will give us another reason for a meet!
We need ANOTHER reason?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
You and Rachel should check out the wedding boards, there is a lot of info over there for all kinds of budgets.
I've browsed, and kinda pointed her over that way. I ended up helping her last night in posting a picture of her ring on the ring picture thread..but I'm not sure how much she's paying attention to the board at this point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Yes, at 8am for $10,000.
Scary... ain't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
I can't imagine spending so much money for a wedding, but I guess if you have $65,000 hanging around.....
Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a guy, But I can think of much better ways to spend $65k. Honestly.... I could still pay for a kick *** impressive wedding and STILL have a ton of money left over for a pretty nice toy to drive away in afterwards. (And maybe even have some left over for the honeymoon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Yes we are still waiting for our margaritas!
I want my margarita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Looks like your planning crown has been passed to Brocktoon!
I'm afraid... seriously... seriously... afraid....
DCTooTall is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #3733
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man
 
Brocktoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Posts: 1,608

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Hmmm.... Maybe we should ask his parents to plan it instead. Not Sure Brock would survive the first round coherent enough to get the rest of the meet planned/working.



You're probably correct with that assesment. If I could wrangle the parents to bring the RV down to the Fort next year, I'd say pick a night MNSSHP is going on ... fill coolers with beer at the RV ... group drinks beer ... after beer drinking manage to cross Bay Lake to the MK for party. The question is who makes it to the boat and actually enters the MK?
__________________

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #3734
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
You're probably correct with that assesment. If I could wrangle the parents to bring the RV down to the Fort next year, I'd say pick a night MNSSHP is going on ... fill coolers with beer at the RV ... group drinks beer ... after beer drinking manage to cross Bay Lake to the MK for party. The question is who makes it to the boat and actually enters the MK?
Dunno.... Would BigE be there?

....and how far is the FW Liquor supply from the RV?




BigE... Next year you need to see if you can get so friendly with the hotel store staff that they will actually deliver the booze instead of just knowing you by name.
DCTooTall is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #3735
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Heads up people....

Since we are quickly approaching the 250page mark in this thread, I have gone ahead and created our next thread.

Everyone, please remember to grab all your personal belongings and move orderly to the new thread at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3013005

Last one out, please remember to turn off the lights.




[And remember, You can use the multi-quote to move your reply to the new thread. just click on the multiquote buttons for the threads you want to quote, Then go to the new thread and click "post Reply". Below the text edit box you will see a notice about having posts from another thread available to be quoted. Click the link in that notice to have your quoted messages quoted in the new thread so you can reply to them.]
DCTooTall is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.