Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #1651
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryc View Post
CoachBagFanatic and k&a&c'smom :

Thanks for your replies about the phone call from Contemporary (likely IPO)We are staying Concierge, so I hope they were just checking in. That makes sense though this is our 4th time staying GF Concierge in 5 years and I've never gotten a call before. An email, yes, but not a phone call. I just wish they'd left a message. We are looking forward to it. Actually, I cannot wait! My dad is planning on listening to the piano and the band with lots of goodies to eat throughout the day. He is just going to do one day at MK, which I can't imagine but he's not able to get around very well and he wants to enjoy watching his 3 granddaughters one day at the park and the other days he'll spend enjoying the hotel. So the hotel is really ALL he's interested in . Now my mother, is really looking forward to all of it. My DH who hasn't always been a big Disney fan, but loves GF is excited too. Weather forecasts in the high 70s and sunny.
You are most welcome.

I understand your dad completely - I often spend most of my time at the resort and let my DD and her friends enjoy the parks. The Grand is a great place for it, there are so many areas to while away the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
Hi all! I am new to the WDW side of the Dis, but we decided to do a pre-cruise stay at GF, and I need help with room location request. We just have one night booked, and we aren't going to the parks. We are staying at GF mostly for convenience for our ADR at 1900 Park Fare. We booked a TPV room, because Wishes is scheduled for the night we will be there. We booked TPV so we could watch Wishes, but in reading the comments, it looks like some of the views are obstructed. Any suggestions on a location to request? Should I note my request to see the theme park in my TPV room when I checkin? TIA!
Welcome! I would suggest requesting either Conch Key or Sago Cay, these buildings usually get top marks for good MK views. If you would like to qualify your request with "good view" or "nice view of the castle" etc., you certainly may, but probably isn't necessary. Most guests love their TPV.

Keep in mind, if you check in early and find your view blocked, call or return to the front desk and see if they have another room. If they do not, don't despair - you can usually still see the fireworks, even with a tree in the way. You just can't see the castle without some stretching.

On a personal note, I don't consider a blocked view a "theme park view" room, so some gentle persuasion may be in order if you get a tree blocking your view of the MK.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by followthatmouse View Post
Thank you very much jillmc40, CoachBagFanatic and k&a&c'smom! We'll see how we go. As long as we can connect occasionally and make sure our country is still there, all will be well.
You're welcome!

I'm sure you'll be able to connect enough to check in. We had a hard time staying connected, but I noticed several guests using their laptops near the pool - maybe the pool and lobby have better wifi access.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 10-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #1652
tamj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by runskimom View Post
Every time I have been to the GF Cafe, I have had a great meal. It really is a hidden gem, so I highly recommend it!

Anybody at GF now, or going very soon, I would love to hear an update on the Gasparilla's and courtyard pool progress. The pictures posted a week or so ago were GREAT! Any CM's willing to answer questions as to completion timeline??

We can't wait, we'll be there soon with 6 of us!
I'm not there but did just get off the phone w/a CM. His report is that the G.Grill will be opening by or near the 15th and the pool area the 'end of the month.' However, the online cm I chatted w/today stated that the pool area is scheduled to open on Dec 17th. Unfortunately, I can't book w/o knowing for sure. We <3 the Grand but we love it for that nice hot tub at the end of the day or in Dec while the boys are swimming. Looking less and less like a Grand Christmas this year.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #1653
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom
Welcome! I would suggest requesting either Conch Key or Sago Cay, these buildings usually get top marks for good MK views. If you would like to qualify your request with "good view" or "nice view of the castle" etc., you certainly may, but probably isn't necessary. Most guests love their TPV.

Keep in mind, if you check in early and find your view blocked, call or return to the front desk and see if they have another room. If they do not, don't despair - you can usually still see the fireworks, even with a tree in the way. You just can't see the castle without some stretching.

On a personal note, I don't consider a blocked view a "theme park view" room, so some gentle persuasion may be in order if you get a tree blocking your view of the MK.
Thanks for the welcome, recommendation, and words of comfort in case we are parked in front of a tree!

Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 AM   #1654
dipastor
Mouseketeer

Going to GF tomorrow

Quote:
Every time I have been to the GF Cafe, I have had a great meal. It really is a hidden gem, so I highly recommend it!

Anybody at GF now, or going very soon, I would love to hear an update on the Gasparilla's and courtyard pool progress. The pictures posted a week or so ago were GREAT! Any CM's willing to answer questions as to completion timeline??

We can't wait, we'll be there soon with 6 of us!
We will be at WDW staying at the GF tomorrow. Wish us luck... we need two adjoining rooms and I'm hoping we are not near construction. We have Lagoon View. I will try to take some pics while there and post an update on Gasparilla's and pool. My DH will have computer with him.

Can't Wait!
d
Old 10-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #1655
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to the update!

Hope you have a magical time!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #1656
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipastor View Post
We will be at WDW staying at the GF tomorrow. Wish us luck... we need two adjoining rooms and I'm hoping we are not near construction. We have Lagoon View. I will try to take some pics while there and post an update on Gasparilla's and pool. My DH will have computer with him.

Can't Wait!
d
Have a magical trip and can't wait for the update.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #1657
runskimom
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Can't Wait!
d
This would be fantastic!!! Thanks! I hope you have a great vacation at the Grand!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamj View Post
I'm not there but did just get off the phone w/a CM. His report is that the G.Grill will be opening by or near the 15th and the pool area the 'end of the month.' However, the online cm I chatted w/today stated that the pool area is scheduled to open on Dec 17th. Unfortunately, I can't book w/o knowing for sure. We <3 the Grand but we love it for that nice hot tub at the end of the day or in Dec while the boys are swimming. Looking less and less like a Grand Christmas this year.
15th of November or December?? Maybe we'll get some on-site updates soon to help you plan your Christmas trip. Sounds like fun to me!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #1658
tamj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
This would be fantastic!!! Thanks! I hope you have a great vacation at the Grand!!

15th of November or December?? Maybe we'll get some on-site updates soon to help you plan your Christmas trip. Sounds like fun to me!
Sorry, 15th of Dec. I'm not sure if I can link or post another site, but AE is reporting both Gasparilla Grill and the Courtyard pool to be opened by the 17th (Dec).
Old 10-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #1659
tamj
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Can't Wait!
d
I can't wait to see your update, too. So excited for you!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #1660
roryc
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Can't Wait!
d
I am looking forward to any updates you have too. I hope you get the 2 adjoining rooms. We have that request in for next week so I am hoping with decreased reservations due to construction we will both get our requests! I am looking forward to our girls being able to wander back and forth to their grandparents' room and adjoining rooms will be so much easier. Good luck and .
Old 10-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #1661
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, 15th of Dec. I'm not sure if I can link or post another site, but AE is reporting both Gasparilla Grill and the Courtyard pool to be opened by the 17th (Dec).
Thanks for the update. The WDW website still has "mid-December" and "late December" for the finish of the grill and pool, so this is added info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
Thanks for the welcome, recommendation, and words of comfort in case we are parked in front of a tree!
I'm hoping you will get a perfect view.

Quote:

Can't Wait!
d
Safe travels (is it today?) and have a Grand vacation!!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 10-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #1662
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

What are the chances of them opening up earlier?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #1663
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hello GF lovers!

I just booked a RPC TPV room and I am beyond excited! It's only for one night before we head over to the Dolphin for NYE and then on to BC CL for the rest of our stay, but regardless I am so happy to get another taste of RPC

A quick question for the experts. Is there a way to hear the fireworks soundtrack from the GF TPV rooms? I want to make sure we get the full experience for Fantasy in the Sky and I may have to resort to bringing my own music if I can't get it there TIA
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #1664
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Hi I Heart! The music for Fantasy in the Sky fireworks is piped in at the marina by Gaspirillas, as well as the dock by Narcoossees. You might be able to hear the music from a TPV RPC room, but it really depends on the noise level outside and your room's location. Worst case is you have to leave the room and go down stairs to the marina. Very excited for you!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #1665
Mouseturtle
Mouseketeer

One more month....

I am posting just to see my ticker

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: