Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Shellilin
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down Babies Travel lite service

Soooo frustrating. I just spent over an hour carefully planning out and ordering diapers, formula, baby food, etc. from babiestravellite.com for our Magic cruise out of Galveston next month. When I got to the end to check out my shipping was $75.00!!! What in the world??? They say shipping is based on weight...I had a small order of supplemental formula (8 single feed bottles), and probably 30 "pouches" of baby food (vs. heavy jars.), plus diapers. does that sound right?? Anybody else have any experience?? I am not flying, just thought it would be easier to arrive and have everything for the baby in our room instead of trying to pack all of that stuff. Forget that I guess! I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. It was like half the price of the order.
Shellilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Was that ground shipping?

MaleficentRN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
kuhltiffany
DIS Veteran

Wow! Sounds like it would be cheaper to arrive earlier and hit a Walmart on your way to port!

I've been BOO'ED by SallySkelington!!!
kuhltiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
ericalynn1979
DIS Veteran

Doesn't surprise me, I used them once for a cruise (not Disney) and was unhappy with the cost of items + shipping.

Are you staying in a hotel before your cruise? If so, use Walmart.com and have it shipped to your hotel. This is what we're doing before our Fantasy cruise in December. You'll have to get it from there to the port, where you can stick a luggage tag on it and have it delivered to your room (assuming nothing fragile).

I'm ordering diapers, wipes, squeeze food, hand soap, and a few other items.

Or since you're not flying, just pack it yourself, it's the cheapest option.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
shandrananette
Mouseketeer

We had a similar experience, where shipping just seemed absurd - we ended up ordering from Amazon and having it shipped to our stateroom. It arrived perfectly, we didn't pay shipping (prime membership - woo hoo) and it was the brands we wanted (Babies Travel Lite didn't have what we wanted). The only hiccup was the box wasn't delivered to our stateroom until late in the day, so we were kind of freaking out, but they just don't deliver those until later. The concierge hunted it down for us, but even if she hadn't it would have been delivered just not until around 5. But we were starting to get worried we'd leave port with no/few diapers so we asked.

shandrananette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

If you don't want the items shipped to your hotel use Walmart's site to store. Shipping is usually free. The store holds items for several days and they will come in a box that you can stick a luggage tag. Just swing by the store and pick it up on your way to PC.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #7
Shellilin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
Was that ground shipping?
Yes, FedEx or UPS Ground
Old 10-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
Shellilin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandrananette View Post
We had a similar experience, where shipping just seemed absurd - we ended up ordering from Amazon and having it shipped to our stateroom. It arrived perfectly, we didn't pay shipping (prime membership - woo hoo) and it was the brands we wanted (Babies Travel Lite didn't have what we wanted). The only hiccup was the box wasn't delivered to our stateroom until late in the day, so we were kind of freaking out, but they just don't deliver those until later. The concierge hunted it down for us, but even if she hadn't it would have been delivered just not until around 5. But we were starting to get worried we'd leave port with no/few diapers so we asked.
Ok, now what??!! I too am an amazon prime member. How in the world did you ship to stateroom? thanks!!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
wl1117
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellilin View Post
Ok, now what??!! I too am an amazon prime member. How in the world did you ship to stateroom? thanks!!
Good question. We have Prime as well.

We're driving this time, so I just ordered for home and left it in the inner product boxes. Then I put all the smaller boxes and misc items in a file box. We'll write the stateroom number on the outside and tape all the way around. Let the porter handle it with the rest of our luggage.

6th DCL cruise -Magic - May 2, 2014
wl1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Just pack your own box up and ship it from home. Just remember if it has food or liquids in it, it might get delayed or opened...

I have shipped boxes to the ship (not baby stuff) without issue and they were waiting in the room when we got to our room

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
wickedpixie13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellilin View Post
Soooo frustrating. I just spent over an hour carefully planning out and ordering diapers, formula, baby food, etc. from babiestravellite.com for our Magic cruise out of Galveston next month. When I got to the end to check out my shipping was $75.00!!! What in the world??? They say shipping is based on weight...I had a small order of supplemental formula (8 single feed bottles), and probably 30 "pouches" of baby food (vs. heavy jars.), plus diapers. does that sound right?? Anybody else have any experience?? I am not flying, just thought it would be easier to arrive and have everything for the baby in our room instead of trying to pack all of that stuff. Forget that I guess! I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. It was like half the price of the order.
There is a Walmart in Galveston if you want to buy it there or site-to-store ship it there. Or there are Walmarts and Targets all over the Houston area. I'm lucky that my baby will be 1 yr so we've got her on whole milk and off baby food. The diapers/wipes I just plan on packing in my suitcase (we're driving) and then using that space for souvenirs. (-:

Previous DCL cruises
Wonder: Alaska May 2011
Magic: Galveston November 2012

RunDisney:
Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2014
wickedpixie13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babiestravellite, baby, cruise, formula, infant

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: