Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
gstroop28
DIS Veteran

Playa Uvas - Cozumel. Anyone been??

We are going on the Fantasy in February and our excursion window is coming up. It also appears that while we are docked in Cozumel, there will be three ADDITIONAL boats there as well, making it quite crowded.

Has anyone ever been to Playa Uvas? DCL has an excursion called "Clear Kayak and Beach Snorkel" and it's over there, but I can't find any reviews on it and I may want to do it on our own.

Can anyone tell me if they have been? Was it good?

Thanks a bunch!

Magic Eastern - 10/24/2009

gstroop28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
Alyssabear
Earning My Ears

cozumel snorkel and clear kayak disney

We just came back Disney Fantasy and did this excursion. I too was hesitant as I could not find many reviews on it when I booked it. That being said, it was one of the highlights of the trip. Mario, our guide, met us at the peir at cozumel and there were only 4 of us doing the excursion. They arranged for a taxi to take us to Playa Uvas ( he followed behind us) which is a small beach type club with a bar, small restarurant, beach front and chiars, etc. They have outside showers, bathroom and equipment there. All staff at the beach club were very friendly and acommodating.
The weather intially was rainy and he had us wait before attempting to snorkel due to the weather. I appreciated his looking out for our safety. When it cleared (and he went out in the water to test it out first) we started the excursion. Mario took us snorkeling ( even gave me a boogie board to assist me as I am not a good snorkeler), and explained everything, watched out for us, and snorkeled with us- diving down and showing us sea life and taking pictures for us. Always cheking on us which was nice. We then took a break and then went kayaking, which he again stayed with us, showed us what to look at and assisted us if needed.
Once back they served us fresh fruit platters and gave a coupon for a free drink ( I had a maguerita). I did purchase some souveneirs there as they had a small stand and the person there was very nice- not pushy. You could purchase food, but we didnt. He then asked us when we wanted to go back and he arranged a taxi back to the ship port. Would definitely recommend this excursion and am surprised more people at Disney dont do it. It is a bit of a workout,. but you could opt out of part of it if you wanted and stay at the beach. You are always wihtin eyesight of the beach. The entrnace to the water is a little rocky but they have sandbags for you to stand on to enter, and once you arein the water is a beautiful blue and warm. Play Uvas is less than 10 minute ride from the ship. Hope this helps.
Alyssabear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
mdinowitz
Mouseketeer

we spent part of our day at Playas Uvas this past August. It was very clean and not crowded. They do not have jet skis, or any of the fancy blowup water toys that some of the other beach clubs have but we didn't miss them at all. The drinks and food were great, the staff was not pushy, and the bathrooms were clean. If I remember correctly the small pool was NOT saltwater- which was a nice break for the kids. The website depicts it pretty well.

http://playauvas.com/

Have fun!
mdinowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Elangen
Mouseketeer

Curious how you tell how many boats will be in port with you on a particular port day?
Elangen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: