Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
heretolearn
Earning My Ears

3 adults 2 children - where to stay?

First time post! Long time reader.

We are starting to seriously look into our first Disney vacation in Jan 2014. We have 3 adults and 2 children at the time will be 5 & 10.
I'd like to stay at a place where we can sleep on a real bed. My MIL, DD(10) and myself and DH & DS(5).

Does anybody have any suggestions?
My MIL is looking at WBC since she has a friend with a timeshare also has RCI for the Villas, but I don't know how much that runs. My other thought was getting 2 rooms at POFQ since I want Queen beds over Double beds.
We won't have a car either so I thought the Disney transportation would save us money.

Please forgive me if this doesn't make sense or isn't completely clear.
Thank you in advance.
heretolearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

_I_ would go with 2 rooms at a value--costs less than a family suite--or 2 rooms at a moderate, as is your idea!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
DestyTiger
Mouseketeer

I agree with the PP. I would recommend you get the 2 rooms. I would lean towards 2 rooms at a moderate resort instead of the value. Obviously the queen beds are a plus, but a little more room and slightly bigger vanity area in the bathrooms is an advantage IMO. I also like having the ceiling fans, but I know that is not a big deal to most.
DestyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Myothername
DIS Veteran

We got 2 rooms, connecting, at AS Movies last January. DSIL and I shared a room and DB stayed in the other with the two nephews, 9 and 7. It worked out great having 2 bathrooms and extra storage space. Also, we emptied our suitcases and put them back in the truck. Gave us more room.
Myothername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

If you have to have queen beds, none of the value resorts will work for you. The only rooms that have them are the suites, and then they only have them in the bedroom area.

The cheapest option to get what you want is to get 2 moderate rooms at either POFQ, CSR, or POR. CBR only has double sized beds, no queens. All moderates are close to the same price, but there is a small difference. Plus there are many different room locations and views to choose from.

I've stayed at all 3 moderates that have the queen beds, and you can't make a wrong choice. All 3 are very nice!
Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
Sue M
DIS Veteran

It depends on your budget. 2 rooms at POFQ would be very nice, or if you want to go deluxe, many of the deluxe have 2 queens + daybed ( except WL & AKL). I'd prob go with 2 rooms.

Staying on site has it advantages, ESP with transportation. It gives you more independence so if someone wants to go back to the hotel room for a break, leave the park early, or sleep in, they can without everyone having to leave or wait. Staying off site with a rental car, everyone has to agree when they want to arrive, leave, etc.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: