Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #316
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It was brought to my attention that for the Cream Brulee, I actually had a picture of the sea bass. I went and fixed it, but here it is for those who would like to see it.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #317
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Sept, 23, 2012, Sunday, Day 3

The navigators for the day.

I didnt keep very good notes, but I think I most likely woke around 6:30. I think Lisa was still sleeping so I got dressed and went out to get a drink.

I finally remembered to get a picture of our door as I headed out.

I got a hot chocolate and a banana and sat down and to write a few notes in my notebook and talked to a few other early risers. The crew was busy at work.

After a good chat with some fellow passengers I headed back to the room.

Lisa was up and we headed to fill our bellies at Topsiders.

We sat next to the window and this was our beautiful view this morning.

And my plate.

While we sat and ate and chatted, we saw Brook and Carolyn come in. We didnt holler to them, so I dont think they ever saw us.

I think they are in this picture.

After we ate, we headed back to our room. Our plan was to go for a walk around deck 4.

I took a couple more quick pictures while we were there.
As I had said, I was warned that the Magic had some wear and tear. The balcony was where it shown most to me. It has rust spots and paint splatters. I am not sure if I took any other pictures of it later in the cruise. In this one you can see the paint splatters on the deck chair.

This is our cooling box in the room. It does NOT get very cold at all.

And the TV.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #318
vleeth
I heart Disney

They have doughnuts for breakfast? No one told me this! (Or more likely, I forgot.) Oh my, I think I'll need to do some extra working out before I go.

Stinks that the beverage cooler isn't very cold. I like really cold drinks. Will the ice bucket fit in there?

Love, love, love your pics. I've been showing them to my dh. He likes to look at them, but he just told me that he doesn't "see the fascination." I don't see how he doesn't see it. Just glad for this happy place where there are other people like me!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #319
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Your door looks very cute! My kids teased me about the magnets, but then loved them because it made our room easy to find

Those chocolate doughnuts are a very dangerous thing to have on the buffet!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #320
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
They have doughnuts for breakfast? No one told me this! (Or more likely, I forgot.) Oh my, I think I'll need to do some extra working out before I go.

Stinks that the beverage cooler isn't very cold. I like really cold drinks. Will the ice bucket fit in there?

Love, love, love your pics. I've been showing them to my dh. He likes to look at them, but he just told me that he doesn't "see the fascination." I don't see how he doesn't see it. Just glad for this happy place where there are other people like me!
Yes. I think they are cripsy cream ones too. MMMM!

Men just don't get it do they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Your door looks very cute! My kids teased me about the magnets, but then loved them because it made our room easy to find

Those chocolate doughnuts are a very dangerous thing to have on the buffet!
Thanks. It is really nice to spot your door so easily.

I love thos donuts too. Probably why I gained weight.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #321
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

And here we go .......
another great update! Those pics of the buffet brought back so many fond memories. We NEED to get back on one of the classic ships!

Jen, I don't know if the beverage coolers in the rooms are the same on the DREAM and the MAGIC, but you can set the temperature somehow. We managed to freeze two cans of Coke on our last cruise!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #322
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat
And here we go .......
another great update! Those pics of the buffet brought back so many fond memories. We NEED to get back on one of the classic ships!

Jen, I don't know if the beverage coolers in the rooms are the same on the DREAM and the MAGIC, but you can set the temperature somehow. We managed to freeze two cans of Coke on our last cruise!
Nope. Different coolers (unless they've changed them). The ones on the classics only get cool. Not cold
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #323
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Nope. Different coolers (unless they've changed them). The ones on the classics only get cool. Not cold
Thanks for refreshing my memory! It's been a while since we have been on the classic ships, well, the Wonder that is.
We cruised a lot on the DREAM lately and those coolers DO get cold, as I mentioned before.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #324
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I really don't remember at all. I think they are just DCL generic.
Glaveston stuff ...there was a hat, magnets, pins ....which I wish I know would've bought, but I was being too cheap ....2 tee shirts and postcards I think.
Yes, the scrapbooks are generic. I am pretty sure that they have had the same once since our first cruise in 2008 as well.

Good to know about the pin. I always like to get a special pin on each cruise.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #325
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
And here we go .......

No...but the word is the yare starting to replace them now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Thanks for refreshing my memory! It's been a while since we have been on the classic ships, well, the Wonder that is.
We cruised a lot on the DREAM lately and those coolers DO get cold, as I mentioned before.
I remember the hype about the Dream having a real mini fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Yes, the scrapbooks are generic. I am pretty sure that they have had the same once since our first cruise in 2008 as well.

Good to know about the pin. I always like to get a special pin on each cruise.

Corinna
I really liked the pin, but it was like $15 or more I think, and I just couldn't justify that cost.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #326
llqool
DIS Veteran

Location: Stationed in Germany, but STILL a FL resident (yeah!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Corinna
They did have a special scrapbook for the New England/Canada itinerary, so I kinda had my hopes up. Oh, well....I don't have one of the "generic" ones yet, so I'll go ahead and get it. I'm just wondering if it's even worth it to buy it on the ship and have to lug it on the plane. If it's the same one as online, I might just order it from there and save luggage space for the chocolate I know I'm going to want to buy on our tour in Cozymel.
llqool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #327
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

OK, you know I'm behind. Hopefully I'll get to catch up soon......

Anyway.... I stopped by for a drive-by post .......... and there you go posting FOOD pictures when I'm hungry again. CUT THAT OUT! Why don't you check with me first next time?

Anyway..... I just got a call from a rep at Disney. Belle and the Beast will NOT be at MVMCP in their holiday attire this year. Since you'll be at the first party, I didn't want you to spend time looking. From what they told me, it doesn't sound like much of note new added either. But I'm assuming New Fantasyland will be open since that's the reason for the cut.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #328
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:

We walked and talked and it was just so nice. If you have cruised before you know the wonderful sound of the hum of the ship and the water sloshing around. I need a sound machine with that sound.

This! I love that sound. Each cruise when I hear it for the first time, I can't help but suck in that air and let out a loud sigh of contentment.

God, I miss it!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #329
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by llqool View Post
They did have a special scrapbook for the New England/Canada itinerary, so I kinda had my hopes up. Oh, well....I don't have one of the "generic" ones yet, so I'll go ahead and get it. I'm just wondering if it's even worth it to buy it on the ship and have to lug it on the plane. If it's the same one as online, I might just order it from there and save luggage space for the chocolate I know I'm going to want to buy on our tour in Cozymel.
MMM. Chocolate sounds good right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
OK, you know I'm behind. Hopefully I'll get to catch up soon......

Anyway.... I stopped by for a drive-by post .......... and there you go posting FOOD pictures when I'm hungry again. CUT THAT OUT! Why don't you check with me first next time?

Anyway..... I just got a call from a rep at Disney. Belle and the Beast will NOT be at MVMCP in their holiday attire this year. Since you'll be at the first party, I didn't want you to spend time looking. From what they told me, it doesn't sound like much of note new added either. But I'm assuming New Fantasyland will be open since that's the reason for the cut.
I also heard the dwarves are going. And they may be gone already. I have a friend who's DD is a part time Alice/other characters when needed. She was just down there and no dwarves that night and her DD said from what she heard they are not coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
This! I love that sound. Each cruise when I hear it for the first time, I can't help but suck in that air and let out a loud sigh of contentment.

God, I miss it!
It's such a wonderful sound!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #330
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I also heard the dwarves are going. And they may be gone already. I have a friend who's DD is a part time Alice/other characters when needed. She was just down there and no dwarves that night and her DD said from what she heard they are not coming back.

Wow, that would really get some tails wagging. I suppose if Belle/Beast AND the Dwarfs are gone, I might indeed have to take them up on their offer of a refund of one of our 2 party nights. I'll have to keep my ear to the ground on that one.

Oh..... and I just had dinner. Feel free to post more food photos.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: