Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #136
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Boy Ron jons looks spacious. I have to agree, it does look like the decor might need a little update, but it's not the worse either. The space looks great and having a washer and dryer is just wonderful!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #137
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

It looks like RJR doesn't have a shuttle. Is this correct? Do you use a car service if not?
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #138
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
We have been happy with CIS in the past. This time with a AAA rate, standard room for 2, we are paying $99.90 (not including tax). Originally I booked it for $123, but I watch it daily and it went down little by little, so I have either re-booked it myself or called the 800 # and they have done it for me. Right now the price has gone, so I'm glad for the $99.90.
Oh yeah I'd stay put- that price is good for one night, esp getting breakfast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Boy Ron jons looks spacious. I have to agree, it does look like the decor might need a little update, but it's not the worse either. The space looks great and having a washer and dryer is just wonderful!
Oh yes, it sure was! We sure needed it too, the way these girls throw on and off clothes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
It looks like RJR doesn't have a shuttle. Is this correct? Do you use a car service if not?
Actually it does have a shuttle. It is $3/pp and they had a few times available. 10:45 was the first time available, 11:45 as well, and I think there might have been a third time slot too. If you want to do the shuttle you have to see the front desk during day shift (night shift doesn't do the sign ups) and they will put your family on the list!

We actually did not use the shuttle We thought it was departing too late for our 11:00 AM Port Arrival Time. We wanted to be there plenty early. So we had a cab come get us at 10:15.

The cost for the cab was $15.80. Five of us would have been $15.00 on the shuttle so financially it was a wash.

We liked taking the cab because it was easy in/out and we didn't have to wait around!

Hope that helps!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #139
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Cool place- so nice to have all that roon, huh?
Did you know that the original Ron Jon's is at MY beach- here in NJ- on LBI? It's HUGE now, as soon as you get on the Island-
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #140
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Cracker Barrel - YUM! That's fun that y'all got the character call. I was wondering if that actually worked. I may have to register for that for our June cruise.

The Ron Jon resort looks really nice! And all that space is wonderful! Sounds like a great location, too. Especially with free parking during your cruise. I'm like you - I wonder why you don't hear more about it on the boards.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #141
Fastpaks
Living the Dream, One Image at a time!

Jenn,

You are right! I probably would like staying there more than WDW. Especially for what I would like to do in '14. Very anxious to hear about the next installment to hopefully hear about the amenities you all tried.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #142
JustTJ
Luv Dising

I'm loving your Ron Jon Cape Caribe pics!!! The decor actually reminds me of Caribbean Beach Club Resort at WDW I will have to show the rest of my family these pics, and we have the 2Br suite/villa booked for January. I'll be taking lots of pics and hopefully do a trip report as well. I've never finished the one or two other trips reports I had started, so we'll have to see how attempt number 3 goes Looking forward to your next journaling installment
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #143
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Great TR - you packed in so much at MK
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #144
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

I actually liked the decor. Didn't even realize that you didn't until reading this.

Ron
Old 10-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #145
DLW8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
I actually liked the decor. Didn't even realize that you didn't until reading this.

Ron
I liked it too, Ron! It was very casual/tropical. It definitely seemed very clean and spacious. Unfortunately, we just tend to fly down the night before the cruise, so doesn't make sense for us.

Hoping to see more photos of the pool/water park area there, and then of course the REAL reason for this TR!

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #146
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW8 View Post
I liked it too, Ron! It was very casual/tropical. It definitely seemed very clean and spacious. Unfortunately, we just tend to fly down the night before the cruise, so doesn't make sense for us.

Hoping to see more photos of the pool/water park area there, and then of course the REAL reason for this TR!
you know more pics are coming.
IMO this place is worth coming down a little earlier. I love having that extra time to chill before the cruise. And to think we used to drive straight from tampa the morning of our cruises...

Ron
Old 10-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #147
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

Oh man! Did the smell ever get out??? YUK!
Yes, but it did take time and effort. For Mike that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Sarah’s very large Kid’s Meal Pancakes:

Sarah looks overwhelmed by the prospect of her pancakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I agree, it looks pretty good to me. A bit loud color-wise, but I think given you are headed for a tropical vacation, its appropriate. The layout looks kind of similar to Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa. We stayed at that timeshare as a gift of points from my Uncle. Closer to Universal (and very close to SeaWorld) then to WDW, but we were happy with it.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #148
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us, for the moment Northern Virginia

OMGosh Jen! I LOVE your trip reports!

Your group picture on the staircase turned out great!

Congratulations on being chosen as the 1st family. Your ride looked so nice and peaceful.

I can't believe how big Sarah is getting. In fact all the kids.

I have to say the thought of chicken on a waffle has never appealed to me, but you made it sound so good, I might have to try one next time.

I feel the same way you do about Cosmic Ray's...it's crazy in there!

Discover
threeiscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #149
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Cool place- so nice to have all that roon, huh?
Did you know that the original Ron Jon's is at MY beach- here in NJ- on LBI? It's HUGE now, as soon as you get on the Island-
Yeah it was nice to spread out a bit. It was hard to go to our tiny (in comparison) staterooms after that!

No, I did not know about the original Ron Jon's! would love to make it up there to see that (among other things).

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Cracker Barrel - YUM! That's fun that y'all got the character call. I was wondering if that actually worked. I may have to register for that for our June cruise.
Yep the hardest part is picking a time that you think will work! Last cruise we missed it (forgot what we were doing) and this time we had a second one for the next morning and nobody was awake for it! Oh well, we got this call, even if not everyone was all that interested!

Quote:
The Ron Jon resort looks really nice! And all that space is wonderful! Sounds like a great location, too. Especially with free parking during your cruise. I'm like you - I wonder why you don't hear more about it on the boards.
Me either- it used to be that the price point for rooms by the port was much lower. Now that many of the hotels/resorts have similar pricing it really seems like a fantastic choice. Hopefully the word will get out after this TR (but not too much for them to raise the prices too high!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTJ View Post
I'm loving your Ron Jon Cape Caribe pics!!! The decor actually reminds me of Caribbean Beach Club Resort at WDW I will have to show the rest of my family these pics, and we have the 2Br suite/villa booked for January. I'll be taking lots of pics and hopefully do a trip report as well. I've never finished the one or two other trips reports I had started, so we'll have to see how attempt number 3 goes Looking forward to your next journaling installment
Thanks so much! I think you guys will love the 2BR. I don't know if you will have a preference on which building you want but if you do, definitely call to request it before you check in. The Ocean building definitely had better views and inside hallways but I wouldn't have liked being so far away from the main building, pools, restaurant, etc. It's not a super long walk (and they do have golf cart transportation between the buildings at least during the day) but still could be a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Great TR - you packed in so much at MK
Thanks so much, glad to have you reading along! I'd agree that we had quite a successful day!

Quote:

Ron
Well I told you how it reminded me of Aunt Pam's condo. I didn't hate it by any means I just thought maybe it could use an update. It definitely had that tropical resort feel, for sure. Not a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW8 View Post
Yep, we probably won't try to stay there in May since we will only be arriving the night before the cruise then too.

Quote:
Quote:
you know more pics are coming.
He isn't kidding.

Part of the problem I am having is I just have TOO MANY pics of the first part. It's taking forever to sort through and organize them. They were scattered among so many different cameras and memory cards that my files are not cohesive. It's a huge time suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Yes, but it did take time and effort. For Mike that is.

Quote:
Sarah looks overwhelmed by the prospect of her pancakes!
Yeah, silly us. The one pancake meal would have been more than enough. She ate maybe 5 bites. But it made for a good breakfast for Ron the next morning!

Quote:
I agree, it looks pretty good to me. A bit loud color-wise, but I think given you are headed for a tropical vacation, its appropriate. The layout looks kind of similar to Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa. We stayed at that timeshare as a gift of points from my Uncle. Closer to Universal (and very close to SeaWorld) then to WDW, but we were happy with it.
Oh it isn't bad- not by any means. Besides reminding me of my old Step-Aunt's condo (that I used to spend a lot of time in babysitting), it just reminds me of the 80's. LOL- That isn't a bad thing, I do love the 80's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeiscrazy View Post
OMGosh Jen! I LOVE your trip reports!
Sheri! So glad to have you onboard!

Quote:
Your group picture on the staircase turned out great!
Thanks! I had to do a little editing on it- I was very worried it would not come out well. Remember on the MNSSHC we had quite a few pople stay out to take the pictures with their cameras? This time it was just my camera- nobody else took one. So I was under pressure to make it work. Luckily it came out pretty good. A little brightening and it was good to go!

Quote:
Congratulations on being chosen as the 1st family. Your ride looked so nice and peaceful.
It was! We really felt like Royalty!

Quote:
I can't believe how big Sarah is getting. In fact all the kids.
I know!

Quote:
I have to say the thought of chicken on a waffle has never appealed to me, but you made it sound so good, I might have to try one next time.
Yes, it is so good! And they also have a fruit and Nutella one that has my name of it too!

Quote:
I feel the same way you do about Cosmic Ray's...it's crazy in there!
Hope this TR helps you plan your cruise in April! I wish we didn't have to wait so long to go back, we really loved it!

OK gang, I am sorting and writing the next part from Friday at the resort. Stay tuned!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #150
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Really want to thank you for posting so much detail on the Ron Jon resort. I had a heck of a time researching this place last year and didn't want to chance it. I am very interested in the ocean front units and they're proximity to Jetty Park.

Are all the units the same decor?
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: