Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #16
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
I would chose the Pop Century. It has a better layout and a dedicated bus. I have never been there that close to Christmas but I would assume the dedicated bus alone would make all the difference!
Just the opposite, during the busiest of seasons and busiest times (morning, evening) during *any* season, each AS has its own bus.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #17
Gleece
Earning My Ears

We enjoyed our stay at Pop Century. To me, the dedicated bus service is reason enough to choose Pop over any of the All Star resorts. Also, when we left at closing time, it always seemed like the lines for the buses back to the All Star resorts were longer than the one for Pop.
Gleece is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
AntFarm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleece
We enjoyed our stay at Pop Century. To me, the dedicated bus service is reason enough to choose Pop over any of the All Star resorts. Also, when we left at closing time, it always seemed like the lines for the buses back to the All Star resorts were longer than the one for Pop.
Hmm, we observed the exact opposite during our last trip. Multiple buses for the separate individual All Star Resorts and long packed line for Pop! I prefer the theming and food court variety at Pop, but I definitely wouldn't base my resort decision on the bus service which can be hit or miss for each resort and for different times of the day and weeks of the year.
AntFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Have stayed at ASMov and ASMus and staying at Pop this coming January.

Pop is pretty much the same size as all three AS resorts put together....
Old 10-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #20
trekker93
DIS Veteran

Smile Stayed at both and prefer POP!!

Not even a close call. Pop was much better - food - theming - buses - arcade - lobby. When we were at ASMu this July the bathroom toilets weren't working everyday. Also, the bathtub would back up. The walk also was much longer up to the food court at ASMu . Pop's layout is wide and not deep so any walk is much shorter. Also, with the Hourglass lake at Pop the sunrises are beautiful. You can even see the fireworks at night from Epcot and MK from Pop! So in my opinion, it is not a close call.

1978(offsite),1984offsite,1990(DixieLandings),2004 ,2005,2006-off site,2007(POP),2008(POP),2009(POP),2010(Sept)-Pop Century,2011Sept.POPCentury,All Star Music - July 2012, Sept2012 POP, May 2013-POP,Sept2013 - POP
Next TRIP:POP Century - Sept.2014
trekker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
mkarizona
Mouseketeer

Music is pretty and quiet, especially good if you want to get away from everything disney when you leave the parks. But if you love 24/7 disney then Pop is the place to go. The layout of Pop makes it seem smaller because everything is close to the main building. The bus service is good. And the
joined gift shop/counter service is more inviting than having them separate.
mkarizona is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: