Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #196
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

And when they released that information to the public, it sounded like they were telling everyone at the same time. But, they haven't even positively ID'd the body, so maybe that is why they said the way that they did? To me that would make the perpetrator go into hiding or leave the state (which he/she might have already done).

Goes to show what should and shouldnt be said to the media/public.
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #197
monsterkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Was it really necessary to release details about the body (the police, I mean)?

What family needs to know their child was "hacked up" and the crime scene is "gruesome"?

I'm trying to put myself in that mother's position as best I can and that is definitely something she doesn't need to know.
If it is Jessica, the mother is going to find out the body was not intact when the police release the remains to the family. Wouldn't you want to be prepared, or would you rather them hand you the unintact body with no warning?

They have not said the body was hacked up, btw. The area she was found in has plenty of wildlife that could have gotten to the body. Just because the body is not intact does not mean the killer hacked the body up.

Also, the local reporters this morning said several times, "Let us make this clear, they do not know if this is Jessica and they are continuing with the search until a positive ID on the remains has been made." The 9News reporter said this several times.
monsterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #198
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkitty View Post
If it is Jessica, the mother is going to find out the body was not intact when the police release the remains to the family. Wouldn't you want to be prepared, or would you rather them hand you the unintact body with no warning?

They have not said the body was hacked up, btw. The area she was found in has plenty of wildlife that could have gotten to the body. Just because the body is not intact does not mean the killer hacked the body up.

Also, the local reporters this morning said several times, "Let us make this clear, they do not know if this is Jessica and they are continuing with the search until a positive ID on the remains has been made." The 9News reporter said this several times.
I was basing my reply on post #157. Maybe it is something the family needs to know ~ it isn't something the public needs to know.

Even if it isn't Jessica (though I'm pretty sure everyone believes it is at this point), it is someone's child.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #199
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
Actually, the news said the search has shifted from her to looking for a suspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkitty View Post

although it probably is her. And it is coyote territory. Lots and lots of coyotes
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #200
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

As many of us were suspecting, the police have confirmed that the body that was found was Jessica's. I hope they find the 'you know what' who did this to her and that he burns.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #201
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Poor baby : ( I hope she didn't suffer.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #202
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict
As many of us were suspecting, the police have confirmed that the body that was found was Jessica's. I hope they find the 'you know what' who did this to her and that he burns.
Agreed. It makes me soo mad and sick to my stomach
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #203
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Old 10-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #204
monsterkitty
DIS Veteran

I'm watching the local news station right now. The news anchors are having a hard time keeping it together.
monsterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #205
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

such a tragedy.

i feel for that sweet girl. i cannot imagine what her family and friends are feeling right now.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #206
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Please read the FBI's behavioral profile, especially if you are in the area. Help find this monster.

WESTMINSTER, Colo. - The FBI has released a general psychological profile of the man who took Jessica Ridgeway to help the public look for possible suspects.

FBI spokesman Dave Joly on Thursday asked for the public's help in identifying possible suspects. He said the suspect could "be your boss, your friend" or a family member.

The FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit said that often, someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the offender of the crime, and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the changes, and may even question the person about it, but may not relate the changes to that person’s involvement in the crime.

Immediately following the incident, he may miss work. The absence will be sudden and unplanned. He may either be a “no show” or he may offer a plausible excuse such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc.

He may miss scheduled appointments/commitments and be unaccounted for during this period. These appointments/commitments may include such things as medical appointments, meetings with a probation officer, prior commitment to a friend or family member, drug test, etc.

He may suddenly leave town, either with no explanation or with some plausible reason.

This individual may express an intense interest in the status of this investigation and pay close attention to the media. However, some offenders may quickly turn off media accounts or try to redirect conversations concerning the victims or their families.

There may be changes in the usual consumption of alcohol and/or drugs.

He may make a change in his appearance or alter something to prevent identification, such as changing the look of his vehicle, cleaning or discarding his vehicle.

Joly said the FBI is "working on an abundance of leads" in the case. He would not discuss specifics of the body that was found Wednesday and said the FBI is only wanting to give a profile to the public so that they might notice the behavior of the suspect.

Anyone with information should call the tip line at 303-658-4336.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #207
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

They made an arrest!!!!
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #208
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
They made an arrest!!!!
A 17 year old.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #209
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
They made an arrest!!!!
A teenager. 17. What is wrong with kids these days? So sad.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #210
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

PARDON??? a 17 yr old killed Jessica? Are you serious?

This is almost identical to the 12 yo Autumn Pasquale murder. A 15 & 17 yr old killed her. What on earth is going on with kids nowadays?

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: