Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #586
daipp
Proud to be Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW93 View Post
I prefer Parrot Cay too. On our last 2 cruises the greeter told us they were full and to go to Topsiders. I told them we had family already in there (which ok was a lie, but I wanted to eat at PC!). They let us in and it wasn't full at all. (both times!).
I've done exactly the same on two occasions. It's never full.

David
daipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:34 AM   #587
sheadley
Mouseketeer

Tips in spreadsheet form

I have lots of tips in Excel form I would be happy to email anyone. Just PM me. I only wrote down the tips that I would use. I will be a first time Disney cruiser on Wonder Nov. 25-Dec. 2 2012! WHOOP!
sheadley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #588
Disneynut1958
Earning My Ears

Jen.......when are you staying at Riverside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen76b View Post
Great idea for a thread! I don't have any tips to add at the moment but would love to hear more.

My hubby and I will be there for 5 days starting he 9th of October. Then we leave on the DREAM on the 14th.
Disneynut1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #589
Disneynut1958
Earning My Ears

Smile Tip

If you are staying close to the mid-ship elevators, take a stroll to forward or aft sets....this will be less congested for you.
Disneynut1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #590
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great tips! My personal favorite is to remember to pack swimsuits in your day bag for embarkation day - and also, try to get up early one morning to go up on deck when it is quiet - it's beautiful!
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #591
Disney 24/7
Mouseketeer

Fabreeze travel size is great to spray on clothes you have to wear a second time. A waterproof watch is a must also for castaway cay and pools.
Disney 24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #592
Happyhoser
Earning My Ears

For all those who don't want to be bothered with kids, take a Disney cruise! They are so busy and happy,they don't even want to be with the adults! Disney does the magic to all the kids! It's rare to see an unhappy,whining child and you may be surprised that you actually enjoy watching them have so much fun.
Happyhoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #593
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by smatterchu View Post
Use a 'runner' whenever possible - especially when you have smaller children in tow...

examples....

After the 'boat drill' - one parent can usher the kids upstairs to stake out a spot for the sailaway party while the 'runner' takes all of the life vests back to the cabin.

Other opportunities would be with the buffet lines -- one person can make a sampler tray and just stack empty plates underneath. Add extra silverware and head to the family either at the table or in the cabin... Even if you had to make two trips, the errand is 10 times faster without little ones scrambling around....it just is.
This isn't a problem at all now that you don't have to take the life jackets with you to the drill.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #594
YvonneP3
Earning My Ears

Great tip - will have to try this!
YvonneP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #595
YvonneP3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by needabreaknow View Post
I've also heard a good tip on getting rid of sand...pack a new 3-4 inch wide paint brush in your bag. You can wisk it all away before getting your shoes full of sand...
Old 10-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #596
YvonneP3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohs4me View Post
I always hated the knots in my hair after getting out of the salt water for excursions because you often have awhile before you can get to fresh water and yanking them out just hurts. Someone told me to carry a little detangler with me around salt water - it works great.
Will try this too!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #597
melwill530
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvonneP3 View Post

Baby Powder is also great for this. It soaks up the moisture and helps the sand fall off whatever it is stuck to.
melwill530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #598
jacob408
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohs4me View Post
I always hated the knots in my hair after getting out of the salt water for excursions because you often have awhile before you can get to fresh water and yanking them out just hurts. Someone told me to carry a little detangler with me around salt water - it works great.
Will try this.
jacob408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #599
nhrmomma
Earning My Ears

Bahamas Cruise

If you are headed to Nassau Bahamas be sure to check out the nightly rate at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island. It is right across the street. If you reserve at this hotel you have full access at Atlantis for the Day. Take a cab from the ship to the hotel, check in get your wristbands and check out. It is approx $230 for 4 people - we had five in our group and they gave us the extra band. This saved us lots of $$. Had a great day! There is no worry that they will run of day passes if you wait to purchase when you get to Nassau.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #600
WonderTwinsMom
Earning My Ears

great stuff! subbbing.
WonderTwinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: