Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #121
MEK
DIS Veteran

I've delayed reading your last update because I'm pictures. Spending all day at the Contemp sounds wonderful!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #122
MEK
DIS Veteran

After seeing your pictures I realize it must have been incredibly hard to leave the Contemporary. that Atrium lounge is wonderful. I think I could live there. Those desserts look sooooooo good.

Your face while sniffing the zinfandel is too funny. I hope you enjoyed it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #123
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

So, your trip report popped up when I was searching threads about the Pirate's League and I recognized your name right away. I've been a lurker of your previous reports and have loved them all!

You look adorable as a mermaid! The scales look like REAL SCALES on your skin! How cool is that?!

Mmmm, everything looks delicious in the club!

Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #124
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer

Emma!

There are no words to describe how excited I am to read a new "snobbish" Trip Report! I had seen on your blog that you left Disney, which is sad but it is so exciting that you are getting to do what you love no matter where you are.

I also want to say that I am so excited to see your lovely face in the TR! I especially enjoyed seeing the mermaid make-over. If my husband and I take our kids to WDW in July, like we hope, we may have to plan that for them and for us too! We would ALL much prefer that over the Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique.

I am looking forward to more installments from you.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #125
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I've delayed reading your last update because I'm pictures. Spending all day at the Contemp sounds wonderful!
Resort days are always so lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
After seeing your pictures I realize it must have been incredibly hard to leave the Contemporary. that Atrium lounge is wonderful. I think I could live there. Those desserts look sooooooo good.

Your face while sniffing the zinfandel is too funny. I hope you enjoyed it!
LOL, I did! It's always a little sad leaving a Disney resort, but it was exciting to to get to the next part of the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
So, your trip report popped up when I was searching threads about the Pirate's League and I recognized your name right away. I've been a lurker of your previous reports and have loved them all!

You look adorable as a mermaid! The scales look like REAL SCALES on your skin! How cool is that?!

Mmmm, everything looks delicious in the club!
Yay! So glad to see you posting on the new TR! The mermaid was SO cool. Now I'm inspired and want to try to recreate it this halloween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFranklin View Post
Emma!

There are no words to describe how excited I am to read a new "snobbish" Trip Report! I had seen on your blog that you left Disney, which is sad but it is so exciting that you are getting to do what you love no matter where you are.

I also want to say that I am so excited to see your lovely face in the TR! I especially enjoyed seeing the mermaid make-over. If my husband and I take our kids to WDW in July, like we hope, we may have to plan that for them and for us too! We would ALL much prefer that over the Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique.

I am looking forward to more installments from you.
Hey girl! So glad to see you, welcome to the new TR! I bet Pirates Leauge with the entire family would be SO fun!! Dart and I loved it, and I think when Athos (the sixteen year old!) saw it he was a little sad he didn't do it too!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #126
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Beach Club Photos and Secret Missions

We had a slow start this morning. Athos and Dart had been a little overambitious with how much of the rich club food their stomachs could handle and had woken up in the middle of the night feeling sick.

Poor mama was up too taking care of them. They were both on the couch watching tv, and in the morning Dart joked that the couch was the sick bay, and Mom was the emergency medical hologram (Star Trek Voyager? Anyone? lol, yes, I know. We're a little nerdy. But we love it.)

I woke up too from the sound of the tv and came out to see what was going on. I asked Athos if he was feeling ok, and he just says, “Alllll day.”

I’m guessing he wasn’t fully awake. "All Day" has now become a non sequitur catchphrase in our house.

ANYway, we were definitely not fully rested when morning did properly arrive, so we were not going to be rushing off to any park openings. When you’re at Disney, I feel like that commando instinct always kicks in and you want to be out and soaking in the magic as soon as the sun rises. I had that feeling even when I was living at Disney! But it is nice to take it easy sometimes and let your vacation be a vacation. And I didn't mind the extra time to get my Disney diary caught up, which was already woefully behind.

So it was already afternoon by the time we got moving. Epcot was our destination that day, and we wanted to stop by the Beach Club first. Mom had taken a photo of Athos at the BC wearing a particular shirt when he was Dart's age, so she had brought along the shirt to recreate the photo with Dart!

Can I just say, I love Disney security guards? They’re so friendly, they’re so relaxed, and they don't cross question you about what you're doing at the resort. That's one of the many reasons we love Disney - they don't hassle you. And the security guards set the tone for your day, whether it's with a "Welcome Home" or "Come on In!" - they just make you feel immediately welcome. I love it.

I also totally love the Beach Club. And the Beach Club Villas, of course!

The White and Aqua color scheme is so vacation-y!

Also love the little building next to the DVC pool. It’s such a unique little cottage, with the cupola and the arches. Just another darling Disney detail it’s so easy to miss!

We cut through the Breezeway, which is one of my all time favorite quiet corners at Disney World. (Check out the blog for more photos!) It is so cozy and charming!

I love the HUGE painting of the Beach Club Villas hanging in the Breezeway – so cool! When I was working at the Boardwalk, I would often come over to work an hour or so early and sit in the Breezeway before my shift started. Today we didn’t linger long, though, but continued on towards the lobby.

Into the Solarium, another gorgeous Beach Club corner! Someday I want to have a beach cottage and decorate it exactly like the Beach Club. Actually, I want a house where I can have one room decorated like every Disney resort. Wouldn’t that be awesome? It would be like WDW all in one house. LOL.

Sweet white rocking chairs…

More BC prettiness! Mom pulled out her ipod (she had cleverly loaded the original photo on there!), and we tried to get Dart in the same position for the new photo. With the sun beating down, Dart did not last long, so we finished up our photo shoot and moved on to Epcot.

On our way to World Showcase! This sign is so sneaky, because the path under the bridge is a little bit faster, you get to go along the water, and you don’t have to labor up the hill!

I love the friendship, but walking is definitely faster!

When we saw the sign for the new Agent P Adventures, we decided to check that out first!

Carl and Major Monobrow had replaced Wade and Ron and KP. I kinda missed Kim and the gang, but it was really fun to see the new animations on the screen. Candace was walking around in front of the Rose and Crown, which is where we were going to eat later!

Dart deciphering a clue…

Other than the new Phineas and Ferb figures on the screen, the components of the missions were the same as before, like you had to return the golf ball to the ball washer!

In the tea shop, we had to tell the CM the secret code, which was “Evil is my cup of tea.” But shhh…you didn’t hear it from me!

There was a bit of a wait for the last part of the mission. Tigger and Pooh totally jumped the line.

Way to photobomb my lovely picture of these English gardens, Athos.

But we didn’t spend too much longer in England, since we knew we’d be back later. There were other countries to see…and taste!

Coming up: Snacking around the World!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #127
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

YAY! I was missing your updates!

It's too bad the boys weren't feeling well!

Can I just say that the WDW resort house is pretty much the most genius idea I've ever heard? EVER? Can I move in with you?

I never played the KP mission, so at least I know I'll basically get the same experience from the P&F version.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #128
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
YAY! I was missing your updates!

It's too bad the boys weren't feeling well!

Can I just say that the WDW resort house is pretty much the most genius idea I've ever heard? EVER? Can I move in with you?

I never played the KP mission, so at least I know I'll basically get the same experience from the P&F version.
Hey girl! I am so lamentably behind on your TR, I seriously need to get caught up. I was reading a few updates today and that Disney crime where the couple was taken off the monorail -- how bizarre! I so want to know what was going on there!

ANYway, yes, all you missed with the KP missions was the awesomeness of Kim and Ron and Rufus, but at least you can see that if you just watch the show. Haha, and as soon as I become a millionaire I'm totally making the WDW house happen! Of course you can come, I'll have a party for all my DIS friends!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #129
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Yipee! An update!

I am dying to stay at the beach club! It's just so pretty!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #130
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Yipee! An update!

I am dying to stay at the beach club! It's just so pretty!
I know! I feel like whatever resort I'm at in the moment becomes my favorite, because they're all so gorgeous!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #131
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

I finally got a chance to read this report. I have read most of your reports and they are always well written.

We haven't been to WDW since June 2011 and we are missing it so...
we look forward to taking Henry on his first trip to meet Mickey Mouse in April 2013. I like your review of the Concierge Lounges. I was playing around on the WDW website and a standard room at Animal Kingdom Lodge club level is comparable to a Family Suite at AOA with a Quick Service Dining Plan. Both are in the $4,000 range.

Perhaps we will have free dining offered or some type of discount, that is a bit pricey.

My DS did the Pirate's League on our last trip and it was a wonderful experience. I love your Mermaid Makeup!
Can't wait to read more.

Planning our next trip...
Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #132
scrapbookersdis
Yes, we are going to Disney World *again*!
It never occurred to me to wonder

Please

An update, please??
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #133
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
I finally got a chance to read this report. I have read most of your reports and they are always well written.

We haven't been to WDW since June 2011 and we are missing it so...
we look forward to taking Henry on his first trip to meet Mickey Mouse in April 2013. I like your review of the Concierge Lounges. I was playing around on the WDW website and a standard room at Animal Kingdom Lodge club level is comparable to a Family Suite at AOA with a Quick Service Dining Plan. Both are in the $4,000 range.

Perhaps we will have free dining offered or some type of discount, that is a bit pricey.

My DS did the Pirate's League on our last trip and it was a wonderful experience. I love your Mermaid Makeup!
Can't wait to read more.
Welcome Back! That's exciting you have a new trip in the works...I do love concierge, although Art of Animation is AMAZING too!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #134
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookersdis View Post
An update, please??
Coming right up! Sorry for the wait!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #135
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Bump...I hate posting an update at the end of a page...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: