Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #571
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
i too burst out laughing..love kj. Something told me after I saw that photo that there would be posts from someone soon...
Well...I guess not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love your pirate attire. I love the group picture too.

What a fun time.
It was a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Absolutely LOVED the ITSK pix !! Kara is as SEXY as ever , especially with her tongue haNGING OUT !!! tHE FOOD LOOKS soooooo delish, looking at the menus I will be hard pressed to choose what I want next May.
So order one of each!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #572
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Plane ticket are purchased for next year's adventure.....got them for a song too.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #573
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Plane ticket are purchased for next year's adventure.....got them for a song too.
Great news! I am waiting to hear what time Drea is leaving- I have a lot of plane options, and I want to try and book when everyone else is leaving. I should arrive at 10:30 am, though, unless they bump up the price before I can book- but we are almost at the 6 month mark- so I have to think that airline will release it's schedule soon.

So, I'm going to get in touch with the AKV Concierge and have them book Bistro de Paris on Friday night and Sanaa for Saturday night- do you and Loni want anything for Sunday night? Ironically, I will be staying at AKV in a GV the day our window opens- too bad I can't just run upstairs and talk with them in person!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #574
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

I'll have to check with her and see. Nothing really pops out at me that I have to do so I will check with her and see.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #575
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

I wish I could join you ladies but I think that's the same week hubby is going to get home from his deployment. We had planned on the Fantasy for the 5th but had to cancel because we never know how long it will take him to get home. Hope you ladies have a blast and maybe someday I can join in on the fun. I could use a some Cinco de Drinko.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #576
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I wish I could join you ladies but I think that's the same week hubby is going to get home from his deployment. We had planned on the Fantasy for the 5th but had to cancel because we never know how long it will take him to get home. Hope you ladies have a blast and maybe someday I can join in on the fun. I could use a some Cinco de Drinko.
I am so happy that he will be coming home! How long is his deployment? How's the baby?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #577
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I am so happy that he will be coming home! How long is his deployment? How's the baby?
His deployment is going to be 6 months from the date he arrives at his final destination. He's still in transit after training. Lilly is doing great. I just started back to work and she loves the day care on base. They do such a great job. She's been getting over her first ear infection so sleep has been fleeting for both of us but the antibiotics have kicked in and she seems to be getting better.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #578
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
... book Bistro de Paris on Friday night
FYI, don't forget that Bistro is undergoing a refurb by then and the menu will change fairly drastically. Rumor has it that it will no longer be upscale French but it will be more low country so as to bring more families into the restaurant.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #579
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
His deployment is going to be 6 months from the date he arrives at his final destination. He's still in transit after training. Lilly is doing great. I just started back to work and she loves the day care on base. They do such a great job. She's been getting over her first ear infection so sleep has been fleeting for both of us but the antibiotics have kicked in and she seems to be getting better.
Ahhhh...ear infections. Is she teething yet? Timmy had sooooooo many ear infections- he ended up getting tubes at 11 months. What we discovered about him was that because he was born with the cord around his neck, he had something called torticollis- so his head was kind of tilted to the right, and whenever he was getting a tooth, all that extra saliva would pool in his right ear and bingo! Ear infection. Hope Lilly starts sleeping again for you soon!

And I'm looking forward to hearing about your happy reunion in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
FYI, don't forget that Bistro is undergoing a refurb by then and the menu will change fairly drastically. Rumor has it that it will no longer be upscale French but it will be more low country so as to bring more families into the restaurant.
Yes, I had heard that, and I'm curious how it will be changed, that's why I want to go! Lonnie and I had a very nice dinner there a few years ago, I am sorry I will never get the chance to have as romantic of a meal at Bistro with Pods, though! I really hope they don't make it too much like Chefs'- that is one of the few Disney restaurants that I do not like at all. I love French food, and when I have eaten at Chefs' it reminded me of cafeteria food. Just not impressed.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #580
podsnel

It was time for the Pirate Party! Three of us couldn't wait to get there- Kara and I were interested to see how different it was from the party on the Magic, and Joanie...well, Joanie just likes to party! Cammie said she wasn't in the mood, and preferred to go watch tv in the cabin instead. So the three of us went up to do some dancin with some pirates...AAARRRRRRGH!!

ONCE AGAIN, we danced to the Curly- I mean, Cupid Shuffle, and then oohed and aaahed over the fireworks. But no Mickey swooping down from above to save the day, and I have to say, I for one, really missed that part. We did manage to go look at the buffet, but being late diners, there was no way any of us were hungry for it. Here are some pics, tho-

We decided we had one more thing to do, and that was.....visit Alex and get a properly made Ooh La La....

YUMMMMMM.....soooo good. Can't wait to have one again in March!

We got back to the cabin, and Cammie was watching Jimmy Kimmel Live. When he was done, it was lights out- tomorrow was Castaway Cay, and we needed to rest up for our big day on Serenity Bay....

Old 10-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #581
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Back to set the record straight real soon! Work and life have been crazy busy but I should have a bit of down time tomorrow......

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #582
podsnel

Hey new reader!! Welcome to the DIS!!!!!! So happy you decided to join us!!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 04:28 AM   #583
Beth D
DIS Veteran

We didn't manage from the buffet either, except for dear ol dad. He managed to snag one of those jumbo turkey legs and just walked around on deck like Fred Flinstone chewing on a mastadon leg! None for the rest of us!

We did get the Mickey save on our ship this spring, and thought the fireworks were great! I think we counted like 6 ships in the distance, since it was on our night when we only had to go from St. Martin to St. Thomas...
Old 10-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #585
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

aww no flying Mickey how sad, Aww so sad Cammie missed the production though its always a tear jerker. The buffet looked good though. Better then on the magic. Cant wait to hear about your Castaway day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: