Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 01:37 AM   #136
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Hi! I am new to the Disboards, but a huge Disney Fan and always wanted to go on a Disney Cruise. I am not going, but I found out my niece and her husband and their adorable 1 year old girl are going on this cruise. They are very private by nature, so I can't reveal their info. But if you see a nice young dark haired couple, with a little girl, who has a round face and short dark hair carrying around a Belle doll, that would be my family. Tell them Aunt Jill hopes they are having a great time! My niece took her daughter into the Disney Store just after she turned 1, and she would not leave without the Belle doll! Well, you know I was happy! I am going to get her a Belle ornament for Christmas. Have a great time on the cruise everyone!

Siggy aka Jill

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #137
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
*deep breath before marathon post...*

It was me...and I'm totally not offended. In fact, I might have to steal your Tigger for my door too if you don't mind!!! (I mean, print my own, of course, I'm not really stealing it off your door)

So yeah I would love to have another door magnet (and no you can't steal his, that was my plan. If you steal it what does that leave me )

I hope things settle down for you soon and that everything is okay!

Thanks Everything is ok now, will just need some TLC... like a cruise

So I know we all talked about a shared ride, but with everything that went on last week I needed something to keep my midnd off of things, which meant I took care of every last minute detail for our trip possible... which means I went ahead and booked the primetime shuttle. I looked at doing a shared van but did not know if they would do multiple stops and such, on top of how to arrange it through the DISboards. Thinking about how to do it made my head hurt so I opted for the easy way out, hope everyone is alright with that
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #138
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Hi! I am new to the Disboards, but a huge Disney Fan and always wanted to go on a Disney Cruise. I am not going, but I found out my niece and her husband and their adorable 1 year old girl are going on this cruise. They are very private by nature, so I can't reveal their info. But if you see a nice young dark haired couple, with a little girl, who has a round face and short dark hair carrying around a Belle doll, that would be my family. Tell them Aunt Jill hopes they are having a great time! My niece took her daughter into the Disney Store just after she turned 1, and she would not leave without the Belle doll! Well, you know I was happy! I am going to get her a Belle ornament for Christmas. Have a great time on the cruise everyone!

Siggy aka Jill
I love your post Jill, and it made me kinda giggle. On a ship with the capacity of 2,000 passengers, there will be plenty of little girls fitting that description. I sure wish you could come along too!!

Justin- I wear a L T-shirt, and Jerry wears at least an XL. He's a big boy!

RavenSilverLight- I don't even know your name! Will we be having a Roll Call list with names, etc.? We don't need last names of course, but we will need room #'s for the FE's.
I like to keep things simple, and have decided to hang out 2 Christmas stockings with our names on them for our FEs. Thanks sooooo much for all the info on where to get ideas for the FEs. You are a wealth of information!!

Vada
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #139
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer

No problem on using it...

Glad you like it... if you need a bigger file copy just let me know and I will email you a larger file size so you can play with the size and it wont get fuzzy.

Thanks for those who have already sent sizes either through PM's or just listed here. Hoping more send them soon so I can get that FE started... also characters you like for another FE.... otherwise it will just be up to me..

Justin

Last edited by jtiggerb; 10-24-2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: a new thought
jtiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #140
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
So I know we all talked about a shared ride, but with everything that went on last week I needed something to keep my midnd off of things, which meant I took care of every last minute detail for our trip possible... which means I went ahead and booked the primetime shuttle. I looked at doing a shared van but did not know if they would do multiple stops and such, on top of how to arrange it through the DISboards. Thinking about how to do it made my head hurt so I opted for the easy way out, hope everyone is alright with that
That's fine with me. My head is spinning with transportation, so I think I am just going to stick with doing just us too. Not being familiar with the area makes it crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkreuser View Post
I love your post Jill, and it made me kinda giggle. On a ship with the capacity of 2,000 passengers, there will be plenty of little girls fitting that description. I sure wish you could come along too!!

Justin- I wear a L T-shirt, and Jerry wears at least an XL. He's a big boy!

RavenSilverLight- I don't even know your name! Will we be having a Roll Call list with names, etc.? We don't need last names of course, but we will need room #'s for the FE's.
I like to keep things simple, and have decided to hang out 2 Christmas stockings with our names on them for our FEs. Thanks sooooo much for all the info on where to get ideas for the FEs. You are a wealth of information!!

Vada
Yes, we set a deadline of November 1st, and that's when I'll be sending the finalized list to everyone. We'll all have a list of names, rooms, etc. - and I'll have extra hard copies on board - someone always forgets to bring theirs!

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #141
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkreuser View Post
I figure that. Just wish I could post pictures. I can't, but they won't know if I name names. Sarah and Chris are the parents and Amanda is their baby. Just in case someone from here meets them...

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #142
Tntwahines
Earning My Ears

Hi! I'm new here, but a big fan of Disney. My daughter only knows WDW so I'm surprising her with this cruise. We'd love to participate in the FE's! Can I post our names and stuff on here or can I e-mail it to you? I read that I can't PM you since I don't have so many posts.
I'm not even sure if we can participate because I got the OGT deal where they don't tell you the cabin number until last minute ((
thank you!!! ))
Tntwahines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #143
dreamprfct
Earning My Ears

Going on the Dec2nd cruise!

Hello all!
I am new to this board and new to cruising. My family and I booked the Dec 2nd cruise a few weeks ago. While researching I stumbled upon this board.
I booked three cabins--
In our cabin there is My Husband, 7 year old son, 3 year old daughter, and 13 week old son!
#2--my sister in law, her husband and 2 year old daughter
#3 --my in laws (we are actually going for my father in laws 70th b-day which is on Dec 1st)

We are super exicted and looking forward to getting to know all of you! --I have not read through all of the posts but will do so as time permits (with a now almost 8 week old!)
dreamprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #144
dreamprfct
Earning My Ears

a follow up!

Ok so I got through all of the previous posts . . .
I would love to participate in the FE---however, i cant PM yet either--
AND we wont have a cabin assignment until maybe two weeks beforehand--we bought a VGT rate room--so they can assign us anything with a verandah--
for all of you regulars--would this still work?
It would just be my immediate family participating
dreamprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #145
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tntwahines View Post
Hi! I'm new here, but a big fan of Disney. My daughter only knows WDW so I'm surprising her with this cruise. We'd love to participate in the FE's! Can I post our names and stuff on here or can I e-mail it to you? I read that I can't PM you since I don't have so many posts.
I'm not even sure if we can participate because I got the OGT deal where they don't tell you the cabin number until last minute ((
thank you!!! ))
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamprfct View Post
Hello all!
I am new to this board and new to cruising. My family and I booked the Dec 2nd cruise a few weeks ago. While researching I stumbled upon this board.
I booked three cabins--
In our cabin there is My Husband, 7 year old son, 3 year old daughter, and 13 week old son!
#2--my sister in law, her husband and 2 year old daughter
#3 --my in laws (we are actually going for my father in laws 70th b-day which is on Dec 1st)

We are super exicted and looking forward to getting to know all of you! --I have not read through all of the posts but will do so as time permits (with a now almost 8 week old!)

and

yeah more people!! You can most definitely join in the fun and two weeks before you get a room number should be alright. This should be a great cruise!! Though it looks like I really better get crackin' on my gifts I have more to make now Thats what I get for trying a brand new craft project I think even if they turn out terrible I shall still give them, that way everyone has to pretend how awesome they are so I won't have my feelings hurt Just kidding I will slave away until I get them right

Per names I say go ahead and post them here for now if you like, work your way up to a few more posts then you can send your room number in a few weeks.

Last edited by DISNEYaddict4evr; 10-26-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #146
ambertrand
Earning My Ears

We definately would like to be part of the FE. I have been dong some google searching and have some ideas. Our room is 6603 (a little worried about motion sickness, not sure we could have managed hearing the water well we tried to sleep). Kids are daughter 9 (t shirt size medium) son 14 (t shirt size mens meduim), husband (t shirt mens large) and myself (t shirt ladies small). Starting to get excited, I think I have remembered everyting, sure hope so. The tigger logo, is that something everyone in the FE puts on their door to make them easier to find?
ambertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #147
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Glad to see the thread picking up! It took a while, but it came through!!!

I have received information from the following FE participants:
DISNEYaddict4evr
jtiggerb
ptkreuser
motherhoodandmickey
ravensilverlight (of course!)

ANYONE ELSE WHO WISHES TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE EITHER PM ME OR SEND AN EMAIL TO ravensilverlight@yahoo.com BEFORE NOVEMBER 1.

Please include your names (first names only are fine), your DISboards name, your childrens' ages and sex, any special info (allergies, etc), and your room number. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR ROOM NUMBER, please indicate that and I will make sure to follow up with you closer to our sail date.

jtiggerb would also like you to provide T shirt sizes; you can post them here.

I am making magnets for everyone's door that were posted earlier in the thread. jtiggerb has designed a really cute tigger graphic also!

How about a meet on the first sea day in the early afternoon - say around 1:30-2ish? Does that sound workable for most everybody interested? In Diversions, perhaps? (barring something scheduled there...)

I think it's going to be a GREAT cruise...looking forward to meeting everyone on board!

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #148
DISNEYaddict4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambertrand View Post
We definately would like to be part of the FE. I have been dong some google searching and have some ideas. Our room is 6603 (a little worried about motion sickness, not sure we could have managed hearing the water well we tried to sleep). Kids are daughter 9 (t shirt size medium) son 14 (t shirt size mens meduim), husband (t shirt mens large) and myself (t shirt ladies small). Starting to get excited, I think I have remembered everyting, sure hope so. The tigger logo, is that something everyone in the FE puts on their door to make them easier to find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post

Glad to see the thread picking up! It took a while, but it came through!!!

I have received information from the following FE participants:
DISNEYaddict4evr
jtiggerb
ptkreuser
motherhoodandmickey
ravensilverlight (of course!)

ANYONE ELSE WHO WISHES TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE EITHER PM ME OR SEND AN EMAIL TO ravensilverlight@yahoo.com BEFORE NOVEMBER 1.

Please include your names (first names only are fine), your DISboards name, your childrens' ages and sex, any special info (allergies, etc), and your room number. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR ROOM NUMBER, please indicate that and I will make sure to follow up with you closer to our sail date.

jtiggerb would also like you to provide T shirt sizes; you can post them here.

I am making magnets for everyone's door that were posted earlier in the thread. jtiggerb has designed a really cute tigger graphic also!

How about a meet on the first sea day in the early afternoon - say around 1:30-2ish? Does that sound workable for most everybody interested? In Diversions, perhaps? (barring something scheduled there...)

I think it's going to be a GREAT cruise...looking forward to meeting everyone on board!
I think that sounds like a great time for a meet-up, especially now since our group has more than tripled in size
Old 10-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #149
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears

Meet time works for us!

Vada and Jerry
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #150
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer

Our expanding group

I love the fact our group is growing... though I think my wallet is starting to get nervous if our group keeps growing at this rate... but we will have to see how that continues.... The meet time is fine with me as well... maybe a little bummed we aren't doing anything on the first day. But I'm just basing that off my last dis board meet up. If everyone is fine with day 1 at sea then I'm right there with you. Also if people could get sizes pm or posted on here by Sunday the November 4th that would be great.. that way I can figure out if I can get it all done before we head to Disneyland. And even if it doesn't work out I still hope you like the other FE's I have come up with.

It's getting closer Hear from everyone soon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: