Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #1576
jamescanuck2001
Mouseketeer

hoping someone knows the answer to this one...

we are arriving orlando airport in the late evening february 5, and plan to stay overnight at an airport hotel with just overnight bags, then take DME to WDW the following morning

will DME retrieve the checked luggage and bring to WDW and hold overnight? or must we lug the luggage back and forth from the airport and the airport hotel?
jamescanuck2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #1577
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescanuck2001

we are arriving orlando airport in the late evening february 5, and plan to stay overnight at an airport hotel with just overnight bags, then take DME to WDW the following morning

will DME retrieve the checked luggage and bring to WDW and hold overnight? or must we lug the luggage back and forth from the airport and the airport hotel?
Not an answer on what they will or won't do, but rather, an opinion...take your luggage with you to you airport hotel.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #1578
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescanuck2001 View Post

I have heard reports that if you stay at the hotel that is within the airport, the Hyatt I believe, you can hand them your luggage that morning and they will get it to DME. BUT....I am not 100% sure about that.
If you tag your bags, and arrive after 10pm, your bags will go to the public baggage claim area, and then taken off the carousel much later...the bags will go around and around, out in the open. They are now out there for anyone to see, and take. If the bags are still there later? Someone will come and get them and put them in an office area, then first thing in the morning, DME workers will come and collect them.
So..take your chances. I would just leave the bags untagged, get them myself, and then take them to the hotel. See if the hotel will get them to DME. Otherwise, you will need to take them with you, on the DME bus, to your resort.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #1579
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

thanks again to goofy4tink for the info! Called Liberty today and the person I spoke with said they should have arrived by now so she was going to call DME and have the tags sent to me. I have 19 days so they should get here in plenty of time
jnoble82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #1580
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

I won't be getting any luggage tags since I live outside US/Canada but I do have a question. My flight makes a layover in Atlanta, where I'll be going through customs. Is my connection flight to Orlando considered a local flight which will make me eligible for DME to collect my bags from baggage claim and delivering them to my resort? I'll be flying Delta.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #1581
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
I won't be getting any luggage tags since I live outside US/Canada but I do have a question. My flight makes a layover in Atlanta, where I'll be going through customs. Is my connection flight to Orlando considered a local flight which will make me eligible for DME to collect my bags from baggage claim and delivering them to my resort? I'll be flying Delta.
I 'believe' that since you will go through customs in Atlanta, you should be able to have DME pick up your bags in Orlando. Any non-domestic fliers have better advice??
Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #1582
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I 'believe' that since you will go through customs in Atlanta, you should be able to have DME pick up your bags in Orlando. Any non-domestic fliers have better advice??
I am in a similar situation. I clear immigration at Houston and fly Houston Orlando. I understand that I won't get the DME tags. How do I ensure that my luggages get picked up by DME? When I went wDW in 2007, we received those tags even though we are international visitors. So this without DME tag thingy for international travelers is new to me.

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
longing4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #1583
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney View Post
I am in a similar situation. I clear immigration at Houston and fly Houston Orlando. I understand that I won't get the DME tags. How do I ensure that my luggages get picked up by DME? When I went wDW in 2007, we received those tags even though we are international visitors. So this without DME tag thingy for international travelers is new to me.
Anyone that doesn't get their DME tags can just show the DME CMs, at checkin, their baggage claim receipts...the CM will take down all the info. You will also be asked how many bags you checked and what they look like. I always put something really 'out there' on my bags so they are easy to identify. Then, they will send a CM to baggage claim to get the bags and ship the bags to the appropriate resort for you. Many, many guests have done it this way and it has worked out wonderfully.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #1584
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Anyone that doesn't get their DME tags can just show the DME CMs, at checkin, their baggage claim receipts...the CM will take down all the info. You will also be asked how many bags you checked and what they look like. I always put something really 'out there' on my bags so they are easy to identify. Then, they will send a CM to baggage claim to get the bags and ship the bags to the appropriate resort for you. Many, many guests have done it this way and it has worked out wonderfully.
Thank you!

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
longing4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #1585
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll ask the flight crew at the Atlanta airport this question, they will definitely know if it's a domestic or an international flight.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #1586
Deanie1
Mouseketeer

My DME luggage tags haven't come yet?

I got my packet of coupons and our hotel vouchers about two weeks ago. Now we only have two weeks to go and no yellow tags yet. When do they usually arrive? I am in Canada but flying out of the USA but mail delivery takes a bit longer. And my TA is away until a few days before we leave! Can someone please reassure me?
Deanie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #1587
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie1 View Post
I got my packet of coupons and our hotel vouchers about two weeks ago. Now we only have two weeks to go and no yellow tags yet. When do they usually arrive? I am in Canada but flying out of the USA but mail delivery takes a bit longer. And my TA is away until a few days before we leave! Can someone please reassure me?
I'm pretty sure that they don't send the DME tags to Canada.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #1588
rangerxenos
Mouseketeer

I never received the second set of tags I requested from DME, and we leave tomorrow morning.

Would I be okay scanning the one tag I have, printing a copy, and using that on the second bag? I figure if I use clear packing tape to protect it, it should hold up just as well as the one they sent.

TIA!
rangerxenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #1589
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

I saw that they send one tag 'per person.' Can anyone confirm that a kid is considered a person and you will receive a luggage tag for each child the same as an adult? Just thought it was weird recording the kids separate from the adults on the registration from ME online.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #1590
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
I saw that they send one tag 'per person.' Can anyone confirm that a kid is considered a person and you will receive a luggage tag for each child the same as an adult? Just thought it was weird recording the kids separate from the adults on the registration from ME online.
Yes, each person on the reservation, adult or kid, receives a yellow luggage tag sticker. For example, 2 adults + 2 kids = 4 luggage tags sent.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: