Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,273

Madmommy17

My DH wanted me to ask you about the cruise terminal parking.
We plan on driving down and he wants to know any and everything about it.
Price, location and so on.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
Madmommy17
Disney Crazy
 
Madmommy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Madmommy17

My DH wanted me to ask you about the cruise terminal parking.
We plan on driving down and he wants to know any and everything about it.
Price, location and so on.
We used The Lighthouse Parking Company http://www.lighthouseparking.org/ They offer all covered parking, fenced in and 24 hr security and they have a shuttle that take you and your luggage at the same time to the ship. If you prepay it is cheaper. Or go to this website and you should be able to find parking although the Galveston Port Parking Lots are not covered http://www.galveston.com/cruiseparking/

Hope this helps let me know if you need anything else.
Madmommy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #18
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 61

Hello everyone! Just booked the Feb 1 Disney Magic cruise out of Galveston. I too am a newbie to DIS. My family and I have been on two previous Disney cruises, the Wonder and the Dream - and just had to book when Disney came to Texas - we live in Frisco - anyway.... we were very fascinated by the cool things hanging on people's doors and decided to try to join in the next time we cruised if possible.

We would love to join the exchange, if you are still accepting friends? But I do need some advice on how everything works. I think I need the thread about how to make one as well. Also, do you do gifts for each stateroom or one for everyone in the stateroom?

I am so totally excited about this cruise - absolutely can't wait. As of today - there are only 99 more days until we hit the high seas!

Jana
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Macs Mom View Post
Hello everyone! Just booked the Feb 1 Disney Magic cruise out of Galveston. I too am a newbie to DIS. My family and I have been on two previous Disney cruises, the Wonder and the Dream - and just had to book when Disney came to Texas - we live in Frisco - anyway.... we were very fascinated by the cool things hanging on people's doors and decided to try to join in the next time we cruised if possible.

We would love to join the exchange, if you are still accepting friends? But I do need some advice on how everything works. I think I need the thread about how to make one as well. Also, do you do gifts for each stateroom or one for everyone in the stateroom?

I am so totally excited about this cruise - absolutely can't wait. As of today - there are only 99 more days until we hit the high seas!

Jana
So glad you are joining us. You are not that far away from us. We are just a few miles east of Greenville and go to the Dallas area a lot. But that is the reason we booked also. In Texas, just a few hours drive, quick get-away - no brainer!!!

We will accept staterooms for the exchange til about 30 days before we sail. If we have any that join after that it will be up to the individuals concerned. On our last cruise we had about 5 join after the cutoff date and some were able to add them to their list and others could not. Some do a customized gift that requires time plus a lot of effort and that is the reason we try to have a cutoff date.

It is totally up to you how the gifts are done. Some do a stateroom gift, others do something for the kids in the room along with something special for the adults - the only limit is your budget. Please don't worry if it is not much. I have received many different things from bookmarks, magnets, themed cups and coseys (those things that can go around a canned drink) and little bags of various candies. I have also received things that people have done that were state specific and also country (some past cruises have included new friends from Canada).

I have found a lot of threads on the DIS that give great ideas for the FE and gifts plus magnets.
These are the ones I follow and believe me there is a lot of great pictures and information. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on these.

This one is called Homemade FE Gifts (Part 2)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032
What do you make for your vacation
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2179996
Fish extender gift ideas for the not so crafty
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2473209
Fish extenders?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607
Homemade FE gifts photo thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639
Fish extender gifts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1774643

These are two individual posts that give the basic concept behind the FE and the directions for the no-sew FE. I have made 2 and pretty much followed the directions with a few modification to suit me. Any questions please let me know and I will try to help. I am in the process of making another for this trip. My first one had four pockets my last one only had two pockets and this one will have three pockets.

FE 101 Basics http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...81&postcount=2
Directions to make a no-sew FE http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=609

This is a great one for magnets and milliepie (one of the disigners) is great! She has done a few for me and I will probably get her to do one for this cruise also.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2897587

This one is the Creative Disigns thread which has a lot of disigners that do a lot more than magnets. But most of the disigners give their photobucket accounts and such that you can go look at and get ideas and other things.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

I know I have overloaded you here and don't think you have to read all of them. It took me a while to find them all, so save them for future use, and I hope it answers some of your questions.

Again, to the group and I look forward to getting to know you and everyone else in our group!
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #20
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 61

Oh my gosh - so much to do - so little time.... Thanks so much for all the great info! I am very excited to participate with the group. About how many people do we have so far?

Here is my family:

DH - Scott
Myself - Jana
DD - Sydney - turning 14 exactly one week before we sail

We are going to be celebrating her birthday - so that should be really fun - she is so excited that she will be able to go the the Teen Club this time around.....

Thanks, Kathy!
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #21
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Macs Mom View Post
Oh my gosh - so much to do - so little time.... Thanks so much for all the great info! I am very excited to participate with the group. About how many people do we have so far?

Here is my family:

DH - Scott
Myself - Jana
DD - Sydney - turning 14 exactly one week before we sail

We are going to be celebrating her birthday - so that should be really fun - she is so excited that she will be able to go the the Teen Club this time around.....

Thanks, Kathy!
I have to be nosey. You said exactly one week. . . would that be the 25th? That is my birthday and that is something I made sure they had on our list is that I am celebrating my birthday. Since I can't go on it we are doing a delayed celebration!!
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #22
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
I have to be nosey. You said exactly one week. . . would that be the 25th? That is my birthday and that is something I made sure they had on our list is that I am celebrating my birthday. Since I can't go on it we are doing a delayed celebration!!
What a "Small World" afterall - yes - her birthday is Jan 25. We are celebrating too! That is really cool! The travel agent that we are working with said that she made a note of the birthday celebration on our reservation - but I don't really know what all that will mean. I know on our last cruise we saw tons of birthday cakes and songs in the resturants - so maybe that. Also, I am trying to figure out some stuff that her dad and I can do for her to make this cruise special. I would love to do a pedicure or manicure at the spa - but they don't do stuff for 14 year olds - too bad. Two years ago when we were on the Dream - they had a teen spa for 14-17 - but she was only 12 then. Now that she is 14, the Magic doesn't have it.

Any suggestions - being a birthday girl yourself....

Jana
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #23
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Macs Mom View Post
What a "Small World" afterall - yes - her birthday is Jan 25. We are celebrating too! That is really cool! The travel agent that we are working with said that she made a note of the birthday celebration on our reservation - but I don't really know what all that will mean. I know on our last cruise we saw tons of birthday cakes and songs in the resturants - so maybe that. Also, I am trying to figure out some stuff that her dad and I can do for her to make this cruise special. I would love to do a pedicure or manicure at the spa - but they don't do stuff for 14 year olds - too bad. Two years ago when we were on the Dream - they had a teen spa for 14-17 - but she was only 12 then. Now that she is 14, the Magic doesn't have it.

Any suggestions - being a birthday girl yourself....

Jana
We have been on two cruises which were our anniversary celebration. They bring out a small cake and sing happy anniversary or birthday to you with all of your serving team and any others that are not busy and nearby.

I am having them do my birthday celebration on the 2nd day of the cruise just because. . . I don't know why I just decided I liked that day.

I have read that some ladies would take their daughters to get a manicure or pedicure before the cruise and get Mickey heads on the nail or something like that. We so rarely make a big deal of my birthday that it will be nice just to acknowledge it on the cruise.
Having a magnet made for her birthday to put on your door would be another thing that could be just for her. Millipie has done some nice ones and can customise it with a favorite character.

I love my birthdate since I like to tell people it is exactly one month AFTER Christmas!!! They usually figure it out pretty fast and I think that is also how my husband remembers.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #24
skayrobe
Mouseketeer
 
skayrobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 341

Thinking

Hi. We are thinking of booking this cruise and bringing our 4 year old granddaughter. We live in Houston so having the Magic in Galveston is heaven. We took the Magic from Oct 20 to the 27 th. and we will taking the Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise from LA to Miami on Dec 9 th. We are waiting on my son to decide when we can take his little girl. I will keep up with the thread and let you know if we book. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #25
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
Hi. We are thinking of booking this cruise and bringing our 4 year old granddaughter. We live in Houston so having the Magic in Galveston is heaven. We took the Magic from Oct 20 to the 27 th. and we will taking the Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise from LA to Miami on Dec 9 th. We are waiting on my son to decide when we can take his little girl. I will keep up with the thread and let you know if we book. Sherry
Sherry,
Hope we do get to welcome you in the near future.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #26
deltapilotwife
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 146

Sherry- hope you can join us. My daughter is 2.5 and we're looking forward to it. We were in WDW last week with her and she did great so we hope it's the same for the cruise.

We're in the 90 day window now! I booked our nursery time for Madison yesterday just in case the potty training doesn't progress as well as we hope.
__________________
Kelly




deltapilotwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #27
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
We have been on two cruises which were our anniversary celebration. They bring out a small cake and sing happy anniversary or birthday to you with all of your serving team and any others that are not busy and nearby.

I am having them do my birthday celebration on the 2nd day of the cruise just because. . . I don't know why I just decided I liked that day.

I have read that some ladies would take their daughters to get a manicure or pedicure before the cruise and get Mickey heads on the nail or something like that. We so rarely make a big deal of my birthday that it will be nice just to acknowledge it on the cruise.
Having a magnet made for her birthday to put on your door would be another thing that could be just for her. Millipie has done some nice ones and can customise it with a favorite character.

I love my birthdate since I like to tell people it is exactly one month AFTER Christmas!!! They usually figure it out pretty fast and I think that is also how my husband remembers.
That is how everyone in our family remembers my daughters birthday as well! We are hoping to celebrate her birthday the second night as well!

Absolutely can't wait - just past the 90 day mark!
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #28
Madmommy17
Disney Crazy
 
Madmommy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Roll Call

deltapilotwife
Kelly
DH
DD2


twokats
Kathy
DH - Le
DD - Kati
DS - Clay

DS - Jonathan
DDIL - Lori

Celebrating my birthday and DS&DDIL 5th wedding anniversary (a little late)


bcdavi
Brenda
DH

DSis
DBIL


mstee777
LaToya
DH- Mike
DS- Michael celebrating 13th birthday
DD- Daisia 6


madmommy17
madmommy17
DH


Syd Macs Mom
Jana
DH - Scott
DD - Sydney - 14
Just thought I needed to update my info for Madmommy17 it is
Meliza
and DH is Michael
Thanks
Madmommy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #29
Madmommy17
Disney Crazy
 
Madmommy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmommy17 View Post
Just thought I needed to update my info for Madmommy17 it is
Meliza
and DH is Michael
Thanks
Kathy this is the latest FE List right?
Madmommy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #30
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmommy17 View Post
Kathy this is the latest FE List right?
It is mainly our roll call, but pretty much everyone on it has stated they want to be in the FE.

It is getting close!!!
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.