Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Oceaneer Club

I’m going to go back and finish out the kids’ and teen club before going onto other things. We will begin with the Oceaneer Club. This is set aside for kids ages 3-12. They have several themed rooms the kids can play in. Our favorite was “Andy’s Room”.

Check out the baby monitor!

All of the toys are oversized! How do you like this Barrel of Monkey’s?

Rex is huge.

Oversized Potato head props.

The remote control car makes noises too. A kid could have fun in this room for hours!

You can climb through Slinky Dog.

Back to the center of the main room you have this great light up dance floor which doubles into a super sized video game.

We went back on family night and the kids played several different games. We were the only ones in there, so we just hung out and played with the staff. In that half hour they played three different games. It’s really cool!

Our second favorite themed area was Monster’s Academy featuring a Monster’s Inc. theme. I think DS6 liked this one more than Andy’s Room.

It has an industrial feel to it.

There’s a little computer lab in there too.

This area looks more industrial. I think that’s why the boys liked it so good.

Pixie Hollow was adorable. They have a cute dress up play area. I took pictures, but never uploaded them to PB. They do have loaner dresses so the kids can use those. They have a huge tree in the back that twinkles. The way it’s designed makes you feel like you’re in a forest. A little girl would love this. My kids could care less, the other rooms were more entertaining to them.

The Explorer Pod was cute too. Looked like a submarine and was filled with computers. My little guy hung out in there for a bit, made a movie for his papa, told him he was on a mission with the army…I was sidetracked taking the video, so no pics.

Later on during our vacation we went to an open house. They usually do something every day where parents can attend a program with their little ones. We decided to do this one!

It was so much fun. We made FLUBBER!

We were early so we sat around for a few minutes thinking it would be just us and the one other table.

Still waiting…

All of a sudden the place fills up and becomes standing room only!

This crazy, fun, silly scientist shows up and we get started. (She was great!)

We start making Flubber! First you add some glue.

You add some magic, stir it up, keep on stirring…

In the end you have Flubber! I don’t want to ruin the experience for those of you going, but it is a good time. If you can swing it, join the kids and bring the cameras!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
OneTreeHillAddict

Edge

Let’s switch over to Edge now. This is the club designed for kids 11-14. It’s located on deck 13. At sailing time my DD was only 10. She just turned 11, but she was able to attend this club. You do have to go in and fill out a piece of paper, but it’s easy to do and only takes a second.

Here is a picture of my daughter with her favorite CM from the club. This girl is awesome! She knew I was uncomfortable with leaving DD alone, but she took good care of her.

This room was cute, but it was small in comparison to Vibe.

I’m sure this looked a lot better at night. (This picture was taken while in port)

I didn’t go in on the last night for their party, but I could hear it from the hallway, and these kids were having a great time! The ship was so rocky that last night you would literally fall down while walking. It was like you were bombed. I went to the club 30 minutes early and waited for her outside. The rough seas had me paranoid.

Next up…Vibe.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Thanks for the tips. Good to know we have a room in a good location.

I love the pics of your kids! The chairs in AP are awesome! I may also have to purchase one of those knives, so cute.
Oh yeah, they sell the plates too. They may have had the entire dinner set, but no chairs.

You definitely have a great room location! You will be happy with it.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #19
OneTreeHillAddict

Vibe

Vibe is where it’s at! This club is the most amazing club I have ever seen in my life, and this girl has seen 100’s of clubs over the years! To open something like this in Myrtle Beach for teens (or heck, even adults) would make one rich! I already showed you all the light up walkway tunnel. That thing is constantly changing colors. My husband specializes in lighting and design, yes…he does all kinds of stuff, lol…and I want a flashing room made like that in the house. Not kidding. The entrance to the tunnel is behind this door. You need a special vibe key card to enter.

This is the main room you see after you get through the hallway.

Check out the lighting!

To the left is a bar.

Built into the walls you see these. The kids can play games, plug in their iPads, iPods, etc.

Keep walking straight and you see this! A second room where kids can DJ, lounge, or play video games.

I thought that was it, but if you keep walking you run into yet, another room!

The thing is never ending I tell you! This is a thing they do in the teen club. They make a movie throughout the cruise then show it on the last night.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #20
OneTreeHillAddict

Vibe continued...

By the way, there’s still more. Some kids will think this is the best part of all. They have their own private pool, Jacuzzis, showers, and deck filled with fun games, groovy tanning chairs, and more.

The adult only areas have NOTHING on this club! This has to be the most amazing thing to float at sea.

So do you like? Do you love? I will go with LOVE. Now you see why my 13 year old son wanted to go to Vibe every chance he could. He is itching to go again with his best friend. It will happen sooner than later if they keep up these great deals they’ve been running lately.

What do you guys want to see next? I can do the ship in detail, Castaway Cay, food, or whatever else. Just let me know. I’m not going in any particular order since the pictures are grouped for printing.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Stopping by to say "HI" this TR is off to a great start, love all the info. We sail on the Fantasy in May and it will be our first cruise so I looking forward to all your tips!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #23
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Enjoying your TR, especially since we were on the same sailing! Brings back some great memories. Can't wait to read more.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Stopping by to say "HI" this TR is off to a great start, love all the info. We sail on the Fantasy in May and it will be our first cruise so I looking forward to all your tips!
Hello! Thank you for posting.If you want to go back to the start with the Disney park you can link in here.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2997907

I started a new cruise portion for those who just want to read/see cruising info. We are so ready to sail on the Fantasy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Enjoying your TR, especially since we were on the same sailing! Brings back some great memories. Can't wait to read more.
Seriously? That is just wild. Do you have a picture you can post? (Have you seen yourself in any of ours yet? You might as we go on...) We had the second dinner seating and started our first night in AP. I met some really nice people while cruising this time. We really want to go again, soon.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #25
FOV
Mouseketeer

You are right when you say the adult areas have nothing on Vibe! Looks awesome. I am tempted to show DS14 these pics but I think I will let him be surprised when he gets on the ship. Can't wait for more!

What was your sons favorite thing about Vibe? Did he like hanging out or doing the scheduled activities?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #26
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
You are right when you say the adult areas have nothing on Vibe! Looks awesome. I am tempted to show DS14 these pics but I think I will let him be surprised when he gets on the ship. Can't wait for more!

What was your sons favorite thing about Vibe? Did he like hanging out or doing the scheduled activities?
My kids watched you tube, looked at pix, watched their Disney DVD's and were still shocked beyond belief! He enjoyed the movie thing they did in there. They also have this thing where you are taught to DJ. He liked everything. Oh, he mentioned something about going out on deck too for some group activities. They don't just stay put in Vibe. They go out and do other things too. I think he liked all the attention he got from the ladies over that hair of his. He always came out with 2-3 girls wanting to hang out, and of course they were older. One was 17. I was like, "No! Not happening."
Old 10-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
OneTreeHillAddict

First two posts...

I realized my introduction left much to be desired on the start if the cruise report. I just copy and pasted the information from my other trip report so you know who we are.

I haven't written a trip report in a really long time. I cant believe its been more than three years, wow. Well, ONETREEHILLADDICT is back ya'll! For those of you who don't know me already my name is Tammy. I'm 30-10 years old and come from South Carolina. We live about 8 hours from the mouse, but this doesn't stop us from visiting him two or three, sometimes four times a year! 2012 will break a record for us. By the end of the year we will have accumulated six weeks between WDW and the Disney Dream. (We just took our first Disney cruise this month and well, we are hooked!) That is me all decked out for Pirate Night on The Dream below.

Another random recent photograph of me.

A recent family portrait...yeah, this was not the one chosen to go on the wall but it did have my sweet 19.5 year old Boo Boo in it who recently passed away. I miss that cat. We spent almost two decades together. She was my girl. I could tell her anything.

As for my comeback trip report it will include the most recent trip this past September. Five days spent at WDW and four nights spent on the Dream. The crazy year started off in March with a birthday trip to the Beach Club & the last night was spent celebrating the grand opening of the royal rooms over at Port Orleans. <--- They were GORGEOUS! In June we went again for Star Wars Weekends and brought along a family friend. Hmm, that was a crazy trip! To round out our weeks five and six we will be heading back in November and December. Same trip, just two weeks worth of Disney with FREE dining at the all new Art of Animation! Super excited about that one. I guess this will include a little bit of pre trip info as well so we can keep it all in one place. Life is easier this way.

Why did I go away for nearly three years? Well, life got busy. I also home school my three children, ages 6, 10, and 13. We added onto our home and many other projects just kept us slammed all the time. Then it clicked one day, some of my BEST FRIENDS in this world I met through the Disboards. Many are like my family now. I wondered how many great people I was missing out on because I cut out my witty reports. So with that being said I had to give it another run, and here I am. Hopefully I can keep you all entertained.

The rest of us consist of Sidney, my thirty something year old Disney loving husband. He grew up five hours from WDW and not one time did his family take him there as a child. Uh huh, his mama is the evil queen. How can someone not take their kids to Disney? Especially back when tickets were less than $20! Hello. She sort of made up for it in 1999, but not for good reasons. We wont go into that right now. I first took my hubby to WDW in 1997. Even though the castle was a lovely shade of pink with birthday décor all over it he was still in love at first sight with all things Disney. He had been a fan of the cartoons & Walt since he was a baby, but after this first visit to the Magic Kingdom he was hooked. (It has only gotten worse over the past 15 years, not that this is a bad thing.) Here's a recent picture of him on The Dream also dressed up for Pirate Night.

This was taken last year before he grew his hair out. He knows how much I love long hair on men, so once again he's letting it grow.

One more

This is my oldest boy, hes 13, and he can name a Disney tune in an instant when we turn on the Disney park soundtracks. Its weird when he and my husband get to talking Disney. They are the two biggest Disney nerds I know. He loves his Legos and can build anything out of them. He is very smart, and hes a great kid. His dream is to be an imagineer one day. If anyone can do it this kid can. He amazes me on a daily basis and comes up with the best ideas. Disney would be lucky to have him.

Our daughter, our middle child, is ten years old. She LOVES Disney. She grew up in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! She had every princess dress and accessory sold, thanks to mama finding a super cool lady via eBay. She gave us the most amazing discount (85% off of WDW prices) when we asked for one of EVERYTHING. Yes, the shoes, accessories, dresses & all of it! We went a little overboard, but if could go back I wouldn't change a thing. Having a little princess at WDW brings back some special memories that I will never forget. She still loves the princesses, and even though shes ten most people assume shes about 13-14 because of her height. She felt weird last time she dressed up, and hasn't wanted to do it since. I miss it, but I want her to be happy.

See the banners in this picture? A very good friend I met through Dis made these. She has made the kids t shirts, pillowcases, etc over the years. She is fantastic and the attention to detail is the best I've ever seen. If you need personalized Disney stuff let me know and I will give you her information. She is the best!

Our youngest son is six years old. He loves Disney more than all of us put together and would live in Cinderella's castle if he were allowed. He always wants to go and never wants to leave. He especially loved the cruise as well. He will sit and talk Disney for days if you let him. His online teacher now calls us The Disney Family. Fitting indeed.

Here's one of all the kiddos together

That covers the introductions, unless you want me to include our pets. We have three dogs, one cat (okay he is my nephew but he's always here and I feed him so he's my cat too), ten rabbits, & eleven pekin ducks. Yeah, it's a real zoo around here. Please keep in mind it's been a few years since I've done this. I have to figure out the picture thing all over again.

Our ducks, and no that one is not dead. He's upside down because he fell off the pool. They are a lot bigger now. I will add recent pics soon.

We have ten rabbits but these are my favorites. They are the cutest. Here you see the three babies with their daddy. His name is Einstein.

These are my little boys, Walt & Roy.

This is Mary Poppins (Just found out "she" is a boy so we're considering the name change to Peter Cottontail)

Here you see Copper and Bentley. Copper is huge now, still not grown but he's a lot bigger than this.

This is our little girl Ali

This is my Boo Boo when she was a tiny little thing. She was born on my 21st birthday and I miss her terribly.

This is Boo Boo and Donald (our first pekin duck) He was killed while we were at Disney in June. That news ruined that trip. This duck was a family member to us and he thought he was human. At the time he was the only duck we had. My oldest son was crushed for days.

Donald!

I can't wait to see who all shows up and joins me in this new adventure. If we were friends before kindly remind me that you are here. Unless I see a picture associated with your Dis name I probably won't recognize it. Going to load in a ton of pictures right now so we can get this thing started. Until next time...

Last edited by OneTreeHillAddict; 01-05-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #28
OneTreeHillAddict

In this trip report you will see...

The Disney Parks

The Disney Dream (Our first cruise on a Disney ship!)

A flashback or two from our March and June trips since I didn't do a trip report for those

And a little bit of our Disney history

If you already know me skip the rest. If you are a new reader I'll give you a quick run down of my past. In the late 80's I was big into the whole rock n roll scene. Long haired pretty boys, bubble gum metal (Metallica & Punk too but definitely not junk like Iron Maiden or Death Metal. Ew!) I never wanted to be a rockstar myself but I wanted to marry one. I could have married one, or at least moved to New Orleans with him and be his woman for the rest of my life. Anyway, I took a different route in the mid 90's and for the better. Point is I wanted to be BFF's with all of these people and the only way to do it without being a slimy piece of, well you guys know what I mean, was to work in the business. So that is where the photography thing began for me. My first rock band featured in print was the band Warrant. They were pretty hot at the time (not in looks but on MTV). That was my first paying job and I never looked back. Jani and the boys became some of my closest friends in 1989 and the early 90's. Good thing too because they toured with some rockin' bands and I used it to my advantage.

Over the years I've met, gotten to know, hung out with, worked with, played with....more than 100 signed bands. When it came to music I knew everyone. I still have ties to this day. Just recently on the way home from Disney my sister was backstage with Jane's Addiction. They were playing in my home town but I was on I95, in Georgia to be exact. Perry gets on the phone and demands I get there right then. (We knew him from the night the Travis Barker/DJ am flight went down) After explaining to him I was hours away he told us to stay put in GA that they were on their way. (Um, yeah in a few days...so he asked us to meet them at the Tabernacle in Atlanta a few nights later) Heck yeah. We will be there. We went, we partied, we saw Perry nekkid...funny story. If you're a Jane's fan I'll fill you in later. Things like that still happen from time to time.

Another thing you will hear us talk about a lot is One Tree Hill. My namesake over there. At the time I loved the show and I think it was on. Didn't realize I'd have that name forever. Oh well. The fun thing about OTH is we actually know these guys too. The show was filmed in Wilmington, NC. We worked on it several times over the years. We met the cast, got to know some of them pretty good, made a little money, and had a lot of fun. Thanks to Screen Gems I've worked with quite a few celebs that way as well. Most recently we were on HBO's...OMG I can't think of the name of it. Kenny Powers...baseball show. See, brain is fried already and for me it's early.

Here are a few pics I pulled to stick on here. Here's my hubby and Chad from Carolina Liar. These two actually grew up together. Went to high school together, etc. I think Johan from the band is a total hottie and Rickards not bad either. Chad, well he's nice.

This guy is Reed Mullin from Corrosion of Conformity. We used to be BFF's and did everything together, but after I got married he got weird. We are still in touch, and he is my oldest son's Godfather. Here they are in 1999 in Raleigh, NC.

Here is an old time photo with me, Reed, and my little sister taken on the blvd in 1995 I think.

Now many of my older friends know I used to have a major crush on Gavin DeGraw. That was UNTIL I SAW HIS TOES! Oh my goodness...no more crush. No more at all. Why it took several meetings to see the feet I don't know, but lord help this man's toes. This is from our very first Gavin concert. It was the night Travis Barker's plane crashed in Columbia, SC.

This was another meeting a couple of years later (hate his hair like this) in Myrtle Beach

This was the time I noticed the toes, about three years ago I think.

Here's some of the One Tree Hill cast. These are O L D !

My daughter with Lisa Marie. I love this woman.

Johnny Van Zant (spelled right?) He's from Lynyrd Skynrd isn't he?

Here she is with one of my oldest dearest friends.

Motley friends...Vince is a good guy. He just comes across in a bad way. I'm sure I do too at times.

This was one of my best friends in the world. Shannon from Blind Melon. They lived in NC for a while. We became very close, and I still get angry when I think of his overdose. Most people would feel bad for their friends who pass this way. Me? I just want to punch him in the face.

Old friends...lol

I liked country peeps then too. I think this kid is more famous now than he ever was. Joe Nichols. Man, he used to be H O T !

We enjoy meeting Muppeteers too!

Did I post this ugly Gavin pic yet? I have a huge head, he has a small head, so up close we look silly together.

Here is one of our friend CC from Poison. We had just went out for dinner at Hard Rock. The band was playing at HOB the following night. The little boy he is holding is his son Valon. V and my youngest son could pass for twins now. They look so much alike.

V's mama is a playboy model. May as well include her. Pictured with Sidney and my little guy.

Okay...we have to run out to work. Yes, we have crazy hours and the places shut down before long. I will add a lot more soon, I promise.

Last edited by OneTreeHillAddict; 01-05-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #29
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

I am so happy to come across your report , first of all , we are planning the same cruise , 4 night nasseau , we have never , ever cruised before .

second of all , your pics are crazy , that is so cool , I cannot beleive you have that pic with Jonny Van Zandt , crazyness ! I love Blind Melon and AIC , so that was pretty cool that I tripped across your report .

I am also happy to hear that if we do it , I can put my 11 year old and 14 year old together in the same club , they are both a little shy , well my daughter is ... , until she gets to know you .

Keep writing please , I cannot wait to get the full scoop from your report
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC
Old 10-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #30
FOV
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I think he liked all the attention he got from the ladies over that hair of his. He always came out with 2-3 girls wanting to hang out, and of course they were older. One was 17. I was like, "No! Not happening."
LOL. I don't want to hear 10 years from now that DS14 lost his virginity on our family Disney cruise. We want him to have fun but there is a limit!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: