Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Oceaneer Club

I’m going to go back and finish out the kids’ and teen club before going onto other things. We will begin with the Oceaneer Club. This is set aside for kids ages 3-12. They have several themed rooms the kids can play in. Our favorite was “Andy’s Room”.

Check out the baby monitor!

All of the toys are oversized! How do you like this Barrel of Monkey’s?

Rex is huge.

Oversized Potato head props.

The remote control car makes noises too. A kid could have fun in this room for hours!

You can climb through Slinky Dog.

Back to the center of the main room you have this great light up dance floor which doubles into a super sized video game.

We went back on family night and the kids played several different games. We were the only ones in there, so we just hung out and played with the staff. In that half hour they played three different games. It’s really cool!

Our second favorite themed area was Monster’s Academy featuring a Monster’s Inc. theme. I think DS6 liked this one more than Andy’s Room.

It has an industrial feel to it.

There’s a little computer lab in there too.

This area looks more industrial. I think that’s why the boys liked it so good.

Pixie Hollow was adorable. They have a cute dress up play area. I took pictures, but never uploaded them to PB. They do have loaner dresses so the kids can use those. They have a huge tree in the back that twinkles. The way it’s designed makes you feel like you’re in a forest. A little girl would love this. My kids could care less, the other rooms were more entertaining to them.

The Explorer Pod was cute too. Looked like a submarine and was filled with computers. My little guy hung out in there for a bit, made a movie for his papa, told him he was on a mission with the army…I was sidetracked taking the video, so no pics.

Later on during our vacation we went to an open house. They usually do something every day where parents can attend a program with their little ones. We decided to do this one!

It was so much fun. We made FLUBBER!

We were early so we sat around for a few minutes thinking it would be just us and the one other table.

Still waiting…

All of a sudden the place fills up and becomes standing room only!

This crazy, fun, silly scientist shows up and we get started. (She was great!)

We start making Flubber! First you add some glue.

You add some magic, stir it up, keep on stirring…

In the end you have Flubber! I don’t want to ruin the experience for those of you going, but it is a good time. If you can swing it, join the kids and bring the cameras!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: